Orb Too Wide? Do I Really Have 2 T-Squares Involving My Moon??

Zuri

Below is my normal natal chart, showing two T-Squares involving my Leo Moon in the 8th House at the apex: one squares my 11th House Venus in Scorpio and 4th/5th House Saturn in Taurus, the other squares my 11th House Neptune in Scorpio and 4th/5th House Saturn in Taurus. However, my Moon Square Saturn aspect is at a pretty wide orb (9).

Zuri+Natal+Chart.gif

However, when I set the chart to even a 80% orb value or lower to showcase my stronger aspects, the Moon Square Saturn disappears:

Zuri+Natal+Chart+70%25+Orb.gif

As such, can it be said that I have 2 T-squares involving my Moon because of that wide orb for the Moon Square Saturn aspect? Or is it because Saturn is my chart ruler (a singleton Saturn at that), then this aspect is stronger than it would normally be at a 9 orb? Thanks!

stainedBlue

The question is, do you feel it? It's not all that uncommon to see people using 10 orb for luminaries. Personally, I use 10 orb for Moon. Planetary influence doesn't cut off at the orb range, orbs are just an approximation of when the influences are typically felt.

Zuri

I'd say that I feel the effects. Thanks for letting me know that wider orbs are used for the Moon. I was clearly dreaming of a life without Moon-based T-Squares lol. :w00t: I guess there's no way around them.

tsmall

Premium Member
I'd say that I feel the effects. Thanks for letting me know that wider orbs are used for the Moon. I was clearly dreaming of a life without Moon-based T-Squares lol. :w00t: I guess there's no way around them.

I'd be more concerned about looking into South Node conjunct Moon than about the (1) t-square. One because aspects to the ASC or other points don't count.

Claire19

The Saturn Moon square is too wide even for the moon which has a wider orb as does the Sun as they are the lights, however 9 degrees orb is very weak at best. The Saturn opposing Neptune is also too wide with 9 degrees orb. I am sure you are glad about that. These are heavy aspects and why own them when you dont have to.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Zuri: can it be said that I have 2 T-squares involving my Moon because of that wide orb for the Moon Square Saturn aspect? Or is it because Saturn is my chart ruler (a singleton Saturn at that), then this aspect is stronger than it would normally be at a 9 orb?

As stainedBlue asked, how do you feel it to work? The orb to Moon is wide but do you feel that you hold in your feelings as a result of your response to others actions, or does Capricorn on the Asc. work independently and provide the tendency to be your own counsel through experience, irrespective of the influence of others?

Your chart is not exactly an easy one. Sun and Moon are in mutual reception yet in an 'out of sign' sextile to one another; Moon is in the natural house of of Scorpio, Saturn as ruler Asc. is in the natural house of the Moon. A major link is that Moon and Saturn are in adverse aspects to natal Venus, ruler of the 5th house of love/parent-child relationships. You might find an answer there as to whether Saturn works with the Moon or is a loner that settles its own issues.

Saturn as ruler Ascendant can have associations with health patterns which can often be associated with Moon issues. Saturn/Capricorn tends to turn them into conditions that become chronic over time. The chart shows a Jupiter-Saturn opposition. Jupiter is also attuned to health patterns. The fixed signs are renowned for adverse eating patterns. They also tend to 'hold everything in' instead of 'letting it all out', both of which, over time, can lead to bigger physical problems. If this rings a bell within you, Saturn could well be the third leg of the Moon-Venus square.

Zuri

As stainedBlue asked, how do you feel it to work? The orb to Moon is wide but do you feel that you hold in your feelings as a result of your response to others actions, or does Capricorn on the Asc. work independently and provide the tendency to be your own counsel through experience, irrespective of the influence of others?

Actually, both. I definitely tend to work things out independently. However, I also tend to hold in my feelings in order to keep the peace (which is probably due to my heavy Libra influences).

Your chart is not exactly an easy one. Sun and Moon are in mutual reception yet in an 'out of sign' sextile to one another; Moon is in the natural house of of Scorpio, Saturn as ruler Asc. is in the natural house of the Moon. A major link is that Moon and Saturn are in adverse aspects to natal Venus, ruler of the 5th house of love/parent-child relationships. You might find an answer there as to whether Saturn works with the Moon or is a loner that settles its own issues.

Throughout my life, I've been a loner who tends to settle my own issues. However, I'm a loner much more by necessity than by choice. I'd actually like to be less of a loner type.

Saturn as ruler Ascendant can have associations with health patterns which can often be associated with Moon issues. Saturn/Capricorn tends to turn them into conditions that become chronic over time. The chart shows a Jupiter-Saturn opposition. Jupiter is also attuned to health patterns. The fixed signs are renowned for adverse eating patterns. They also tend to 'hold everything in' instead of 'letting it all out', both of which, over time, can lead to bigger physical problems. If this rings a bell within you, Saturn could well be the third leg of the Moon-Venus square.

The only chronic health problem that I've had is lifelong depression (diagnosed as dysthymia). I've been in excellent physical health throughout my life. I do have adverse eating patterns right now though (e.g., I've lost weight -- I suppose due to stress -- even though I'm not trying to do so and I'm already slender), although it's not my normal pattern.