Astrology and suicide

craft94

Well I've read that Neptune in the 8th house was an indicator of suicide, same with Uranus in the 8th, which I suppose makes some sense considering that Uranus is the house of freedom, rebellion, independence, etc and 8th house is the house of death, self-inflicted death. I have both of these.
The ruler of the 8th house cusp could also be an indicator of how someone dies.
Astrology can't predict death 100% accurately, of course, but it's an interesting subject if you don't let it scare you. It's too bad Western astrology has such a taboo against it.

Jelena

Some of the natal predispositions are Pluto in bad aspect to Sun and ASC (self-destructiveness) especially if Pluto forms more bad aspects or it's ruler does so. Also unaspected Mars or Mars found in intercepted sign- bcs of difficulties to express it's power in outer world therefore it may stir self-destructiveness. I would say this for Mars and Pluto in 12th too- psychological issues rooted in subconscious.

But mind that strong Saturn gives you strength to endure all kinds of pain and difficulties. Therefore I would also look weather Sa is generally well placed.

unique_astrology

There are no astrological signatures for anything. If there were astrology would be most excessively abundant with correct predictions and professional astrologers, for the most part, would be wealthy and awash with more clients than they could handle. Likely, all countries would have an astrological department atop all other departments.

To the OP; if astrology had such a capability, it would be possible to correctly identify, without fail, which of multiple births (twins, triplets, etc.) was going to take their own life.

Here is a case of suicide. I retrieved birth and death data from public records.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77263&highlight=huston

Jennifer J. Huston

DOB: September 8, 1976 Panama Canal Zone (Deceased 2014, 38 years old)

Approximate time and place of death: Jun 24 2014 6.45 pm, Sheridan, OR near 15171 SW Gopher Valley Road, 45°11'40"N, 123°22'03"W.

Attachments

• JH PCZ.gif
    JH PCZ.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

SkuttleStar

I wouldn't try to dare do predictive astrology on suicide. Maybe if it's already happened- sure. But predictive astrology and suicide shouldn't be touched.

Why? Well the simple most obvious reason-- is if you find a correlation that may or may not suggest suicide in their fate-- and if it's suggested that this aligns for them-- this makes suicide easier for them to rationalize. "It's in my chart!"

Therefore, you don't look it up on the living, at all, ever. Don't even think about it because our unconscious is collective, you know? Don't touch it don't touch it! Bad fruit ahoy! Hell I wouldn't even post any of your findings on here- because if someone who's suicidal has similar aspects, it makes suicide even easier to rationalize. DONT DONT DONT!

waybread

The power of suggestion is indeed highly problematical. Moreover, if anyone who claims to be suicidal appears on the Forum asking for a prediction, the mods will close the thread and direct the person to mental health professionals.

SkuttleStar

I suggest highly then that we make suicide and astrology only view-able if you are a member of so many posts.

Why? Well a lot of what's posted on this site shows up on google if you look for it. They don't necessarily have to be members. But if you make it members-only with a post count-- then the suicidal person would have to post a bunch- would probably reveal their mental states and we can keep this information from them and direct them to mental help.

As much as i disagree with hide-ing information, and upon re-reading my post it looks like I'm advocating for it. However this is a real thing here, I used to run a web-site for suicidal folk, and I am very well aware of the many things that are googled to help that person decide if they're gonna do it or not. Like it could be any aspect mentioned to a suicidal fate- they look up there's, find they have a similar aspect-- boom not only do they think everyone would be better off for them dead but the stars wrote it in for them. The sadness of this mentality- is heartbreaking. I've attuned myself to trying to protect people enduring this mentality whenever/where-ever i can

This information shouldn't be just a google away, I do think this site should take some steps to ensure this information is given out responsibly.

JUPITERASC

I suggest highly then that we make suicide and astrology only view-able if you are a member of so many posts.

Why? Well a lot of what's posted on this site shows up on google if you look for it. They don't necessarily have to be members. But if you make it members-only with a post count-- then the suicidal person would have to post a bunch- would probably reveal their mental states and we can keep this information from them and direct them to mental help.

As much as i disagree with hide-ing information, and upon re-reading my post it looks like I'm advocating for it. However this is a real thing here, I used to run a web-site for suicidal folk, and I am very well aware of the many things that are googled to help that person decide if they're gonna do it or not. Like it could be any aspect mentioned to a suicidal fate- they look up there's, find they have a similar aspect-- boom not only do they think everyone would be better off for them dead but the stars wrote it in for them. The sadness of this mentality- is heartbreaking. I've attuned myself to trying to protect people enduring this mentality whenever/where-ever i can

This information shouldn't be just a google away, I do think this site should take some steps to ensure this information is given out responsibly.
Here's an example of Moderator response
to a thread titled SHOULD I KILL MYSELF NOW OR WAIT
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85892 :smile:

07-22-2015, 02:28 PM
wilsontc
user_offline.gif

Senior Member, Moderator, Administrator

Get help off the forum, to oscar
oscar

This is NOT a suicide counseling station, it does not pretend to be, it does not have the right people, it is not staffed appropriately,
it simply doesn't have the ability to give you the help you need.
For that reason, the sooner you look AWAY from this forum,
the sooner you can look for help in an area where people are going to give you the help they need.

But it CAN point people in the right direction. Our Forum members suggest these links:

http://www.suicideprevention.ca/in-c...about-suicide/
http://www.cmha.ca/mental-health/fin...onal-wellness/
http://www.suicideforum.com/
http://www.takethislife.com/suicide-forums/
http://d2lrevolution.com/no-suicide-...FWLHtAodQx4AKw

Get help and get well,

Tim

In accordance with Forum policy, I am locking down this thread.