A book online of a most curious subject. Agartha?

piercethevale

Hi, my room mate and I were discussing the book Agartha and Admiral Peary's story of an underground civilization and the book by Phylo that was written in the 1800s of an encounter with the Ascended Masters at Mount Shasta in the mid 1800s.
He brought up a book I had never heard of before and spoke of it as being one of those books 'That jumped off the shelf and landed at my feet' sorts. [He and I both have had books catch our attention and provide invaluable info/enlightenment in such a manner as that...as one literally seemed to have jumped off a shelf and land at my feet one time...]
He 'googled' it and found that it is available in entirety on line and can be downloaded too.
I haven't checked it out yet but it does sound very interesting...he says it is written like a fictitious tale but in the manner Phylo wrote about Mt. Shasta...in which many of us believe it to be possibly a true account [the first mention of ascended Masters and the St. Germaine legends that I know of...long before the Ballard's encounter and their writings] but written in that manner so as to be considered with tolerance within the era it was published and thus preserved for future understanding...
....so here's the link for the book "Etidorhpa" [it's Aphrodite spelled backwards.]

http://www.archive.org/details/etidorhpaorendof00lloy

anybody that knows anything of this story already please share whatever you may know...or a review if you've even read it...!
...and thanks...
EL&L, ptv