Before and After Natal Charts

Arian Maverick

If you are confused by the title of this thread, I assure you that you are not alone; in my astrological studies I have not yet encountered any practice similar to the one I am conducting, and even if this does exist in some other format with another name, I cannot be sure if it has any astrological significance. Yet lately I have felt troubled with my natal chart and have been casting alternative charts for several different time slots in attempt to discover why I chose to enter the planet with my specific energies.

My Natal Chart - One Day Before:

My Natal Chart:

My Natal Chart - One Day After:

Since I discovered that Mercury and Venus made a superior conjunction with the Sun exactly one day prior to my birth (see the April 4th entry of 1989 Almanac for Skygazers), I have been wondering why I chose to bask in the afterglow of such a significant astrological event. Indeed, the more I study this chart, this more frustrated I become with myself--almost as if I missed winning the astrological jackpoct by a mere twenty-four hours. At 6:04 AM on April 4, 1989, I would have had a Pisces Ascendant as well as a Pisces moon; all of astrological bodies involved in my Pluto apex yod configuration would have been more exact, making partile aspects to each other; and even my Saturn/Neptune conjunction would have been slightly more potent.

I suppose I should be grateful that only one day seperates me from this chart; if I had been exactly twenty-four after the time and date recorded on my birth certificate, I would not have had had any yod configurations, my Ascendant would be further away from the Aries Point, and I would not have been born under the Balsamic Moon.

What a differance a day can make! :wink:

Arian Maverick

C Jayne

Arian Maverick said:
Yet lately I have felt troubled with my natal chart and have been casting alternative charts for several different time slots in attempt to discover why I chose to enter the planet with my specific energies.

Dear AM,

I have gone through this experience. On my chart, Uranus -- which of course, I feel is a perfect planet -- touches almost every other planet on my chart by sextile, square, trine or opposition -- all, but for my Sun.

Why not my Sun? Wouldn't I have been more wonderful, if only Uranus had touched my Sun?

But, in the end, I decided that if I had had this much Uranus energy, I probably would have just been too much of myself (as if I were not, sometimes, already!). Perhaps I would have been mentally retarded, or maybe I would have only lived a short time -- been suicidal or physically handicapped in some way.

I think we don't "get" the charts we get in order to give us "perfectness," we get them for reasons possibly beyond our comprehension. We will learn from them what we are able to learn, and, if we work hard, perhaps just a little more than this. And, if we're lucky, we are able to have a little fun, besides!

And, it's probably lucky for the people around us that we are not more "us" than we already are... :lol:

-- CJ