Using Planetary Patterns. The Bundle. Harrison Ford

greybeard

The bundle represents the most intensely concentrated sort of personality, wholly focused on the self and its interests.

This pattern is recognized when, ideally, all ten planets populate less than the span of a zodiacal trine, or 120 degrees. The tighter the bundle, the more intensely the characteristics of the type are expressed.

We will use Harrison Ford as example. If Therese would be so kind as to post his chart here...? Thank you.

Therese

:)

Harrison Ford (rodden rating: AA). source: https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Ford,_Harrison

harrison-ford-30469-179135.png

greybeard

The pattern spans 114 degrees, less than a trine. The trine is "deviant" because the two planets forming the trine are not in the same Element (this is normal to the trine) but instead occupy the same Quality (normal to the square). Both signs are directly ruled by Mercury. Moon is sole dispositor of the map.

She is combust, just leaving immolation. There is a stellium in Cancer, which holds the MC. We find Jupiter exalted there.

Uranus/Neptune = 0 Leo. (?)

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Revisiting Robert Janksy's findings on the patterns, the "ideal" bundle/wedge pattern has the boundary planets in trine aspect, and if the possibility of this trine aspect doesn't show in the chart then the "individual appears to be under a severe handicap."

Furthermore he elaborates: "In those rarer instances where the trine is lacking, we find an individual who is lacking in innate resources to deal with the problems of life. What talents he does possess will be indicated by the Quintiles in his horoscope. When this occurs in the wedge pattern we generally find an individual who will likely use all of his concentrated planetary power in development of the talent(s) indicated by the Quintile (by planet, sign and house), and one who will have and use every opportunity (through the sextiles) to advance himself on the basis of his talent.

Regarding the importance of the primary midpoint in the bundle chart - the midpoint of the cutting and trailing planet - " A wedge becomes an effective tool of machinery when pressure is applied along the midpoint axis to drive it forward. The wedge has tremendous mechanical advantage because at its tip the actual pressure applied is multiplied in force many times over the force actually being applied. It can be used to lift or move 'mountains'."

My questions are:

1) Does a bundle chart without a trine necessarily result in an individual who has a severe handicap and lacks the necessary resources to deal with the problems of life?

2) What if there are no Quintiles in the chart to compensate for the lack of trine in the chart?

3) If both the trine and quintiles are lacking in the chart but the major midpoint is operative in the chart - does this indicate an individual with the capacity to move mountains while simultaneously having no innate resources to deal with the problems of life? Sounds contradictory yet the nuance might be in what a strong midpoint influence gives vs. what the trine and the quintiles contribute.

I'm very interested to hear your views on these queries.

Tandy

Banned
his 9th house is something else. His 10th house too. Crashing into things and dazzling the public. Is he really an actor, or is he an actor portraying himself? For some reason - there is a lot we don't know about him after all these years - even beneath the layers of booze and cheating and action adventure movies. fascinating bundle - like buckets - too many empty spaces with no blanks filled in even though they are usually there in multituddes.

Last edited:

Shanti

I have always liked his vibe.

And now reading his wiki there is some interesting things that makes me becoming more firm in this wiew.

On September 7, 1995, Ford testified before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee in support of the Dalai Lama and an independent Tibet.[94][95] In 2007, he narrated the documentary Dalai Lama Renaissance.[96]

After Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said his favorite role of Ford's was Air Force One because he "stood up for America", Ford reasoned that it was just a film and made critical statements against Trump's presidential bid.

Ford is vice-chair of Conservation International[81] an American nonprofit environmental organization headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. The organization's intent is to protect nature.[82]

I think this says a lot about him in a positive way, as someone who uses his superstar role to make positive changes in the world.
And maybe also gives some hints about his 9th house - the Dalai Lama support. Like Richard Gere.

more comments later...

greybeard

I don't think lack of a trine incapacitates the native.

The basic dynamic of the trine is "momentum"; things get to moving and then build on themselves. Accumulation. Ease of action. Things seem to come of themselves.

A bundle without the trine lacks this assistance. A bundle delimited by a square (uncommon) suggests a more critical flavor to the life, more struggle.

The lack of any aspect delimiting the pattern might lead to a more chaotic or less well-ordered life (say an angle of 105* is found between delimiting planets).

I don't think in the same way Mr Jansky does, and have not followed the same path. I'm unprepared to comment on the relationship of trine to quintile in these charts.

More to come.

greybeard

I want to digress for a moment. Look up "Lagrangian Points". Notice L4 & L5. Notice that each is at the apex of an equilateral triangle with Sun and Earth at the other apices.

L4 & L5 are "gravity neutral" points (zones) where the gravitational forces of Sun and Earth cancel each other. Space junk drifts in, accumulates there, and can't get out. The trine. Momentum, building on itself continually, effortlessly. Accretion.

Last edited:

Shanti

Neptune is one of keys imo.

* Neptune is conjunct ascendant an angle.
* Neptune forms the only square in the chart.
motivating driving force, actualisation.
Squaring mercury and MC.
* As important part of the aspect pattern bundle.
(all planets within neptune uranus trine)

As everyone knows Neptune is important symbol for the movies.

And Uranus in 9th can show his unusual interest in different kinds of airflight, which Uranus is symbol of in the travel 9th.
(during his crash 2015 transit saturn opposite uranus)

Therese

Does a bundle chart without a trine necessarily result in an individual who has a severe handicap and lacks the necessary resources to deal with the problems of life?

As all aspects are both inner and outer at the same time, a trine is not only "inner resources" but also support the native receives from others just for being themselves and/or to carry on as usual, etc (Morinus called it an "aspect of perfect friendship"). Depending on the nature of the planets and the chart as a whole, it can be a "good" thing or a "bad" thing.

Jones says "The perfect case of the bundle would be a multiple conjunction, but nothing of the sort is possible in the current centuries for which astrological tables are available. In practice the classification is accepted if all ten planets lie within the span of a trine aspect, but greater strength of the pattern is shown as they come closer to inclusion within a square."

Shanti

I don't know if it is significant but 1977 when he got to be a superstar with the making of starwars. Progressed MC was conjunct pluto.
Which losely is at the midpoint of the pattern.

(Further on pluto is significant for his success, as in declination, he have the success pattern, jupiter pluto in parallell to his MC.)

david starling

The pattern spans 114 degrees, less than a trine. The trine is "deviant" because the two planets forming the trine are not in the same Element (this is normal to the trine) but instead occupy the same Quality (normal to the square). Both signs are directly ruled by Mercury. Moon is sole dispositor of the map.

She is combust, just leaving immolation. There is a stellium in Cancer, which holds the MC. We find Jupiter exalted there.

Moon is Domicled and waxing.

conspiracy theorist

@ greybeard & therese

Thanks for your views on the bundle pattern. I'm aware that there isn't consensus on what necessitates an ideal bundle and based on past experiences on this forum, with other astrologers and in my own chart reading experiences with patterns, the detailed criteria expressed by Jansky isn't the common approach to interpreting the pattern. I'm also aware that trines aren't an automatic good in the natal chart. I can see how the rhythm of trined energy could result in a more effective use of planetary force, but not necessarily to the benefit of the native.

In your experiences, have you found the midpoint of the cutting and trailing planet to have an inordinate amount of importance in the bundle pattern? If a bundle had a planet at this point of the chart, would you place it at the level of the planet in high focus?

Last edited:

greybeard

OK CT...you ask good questions. All in good time.

First I'm going to do my schtick.

A bundle is all planets contained within 120 (130) degrees. Personally, I will sometimes allow up to 140, never more. The tighter the configuration the more the personality exhibits the traits of the pattern.

The leading planet, as in the bowl, assumes superlative powers and leads the native into life.

The leading and trailing planets together show the interplay of energies that contain the personality. They show the confines of experience and are "what holds the self together". When the two planets are in aspect they show typical behaviors (etc) that characterize the individual. If they are not in aspect we need to look elsewhere in the chart for a directive dynamic.

greybeard

The midpoint of boundary planets is in effect the center of gravity of the personality, the point of balance.

Oh, In my own usage I consider a planet occupying (I use tight orbs here) the midpoint as in Point Focus, not the High Focus assigned to the leading planet.

A planet on the midpoint serves to integrate, order and organize, center,.... I would think this would lead to a more potent, well directed, balanced application of the highly concentrated and intensely focused power of this pattern.

Trying to answer your question about relative strength or importance...the midpoint planet's position in the chart is by definition "central". It is acting as a mediator. It ties things together.

Last edited:

david starling

I asked about the Moon, because of the "Moon is sole dispositor" description. So, the leading, "High Focus" is :uranus: in Gemini.

greybeard

Yes sir. Moon is sole dispositor, always a powerful position. The leading planet is Uranus.

By saying "sole dispositor" we know she is in domicile.

We'll get to Ford's chart shortly.