Can Someone help me read this synastry chart?

Kibblerz

So first a little background on the situation. Recently I started talking to this girl I knew when I was young, we hung out and hit it off. Yesterday she dropped her friend off at his grandma's to come hang with me, we talked and laughed, eventually putting on a movie. Eventually we were cuddling and I got a bit touchy, asking if she was alright with it multiple times and getting a yes each time (Other than when I went under her clothes). She was originally gonna leave within a few hours to pick her friend up but ended up pushing that off till 10 and then completely ditching the plans and only leaving at midnight when her mom asked her to come home. A little bit before she was actually wanting to drink which she would've had to stay the night, she displayed no objections to how the night was going.

It then got complicated after she got home that night. She ended up telling me that the friend of hers she dropped off was her boyfriend. She then proceeded to claim that she was uncomfortable but didn't say anything despite staying longer than intended. It honestly sounded like the guilt was just kicking in. Not sure what to think of all this, and our charts seem to have some decent aspects. Any opinions are helpful.

Also her Birth time isn't accurate.

My chart:
myNatal.gif
Her Chart:
herNatal.gif
Synastry:
SynastryChart.jpg
Synastry Table:
View attachment SynastryTable2.pdf
Composite:
Composite.jpg

GeminiGrrl

Without a birth time -- which you evidently don't have for this girl -- it's a bit difficult to assess the level of compatibility between two people because the birth time determines what houses the planets activate both in the natal chart and the overlay synastry chart. The Moon also moves so quickly (it changes signs every two or three days) that birth time can also determine whether or not there are any aspects between the Moon in one person's chart and one or more planets in the other person's chart -- and if so, can decide whether those aspects are favorable or challenging. (In some cases, the question of what time of day the person was born can even change the sign of the Moon or other planets in his or her chart.)

One thing that gives me pause about this girl is that she appears to be triple Air -- Aquarius Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Gemini Ascendant. I might as well give it to you straight -- Air signs in general, but Gemini and Aquarius in particular, are not thought to have the best track record when it comes to being reliable and especially not in matters of the heart. Air signs have a reputation for being capricious, detached, fickle, flirtatious, and (in the case of Gemini) sometimes playing fast and loose with the truth...and in all fairness, this reputation is to some extent deserved. Gemini is represented by a pair of twins for a reason -- and people with their Ascendant in Gemini are often not intent on a long-term relationship. There are a couple of other aspects in her natal chart which leave me with doubts about her, such as the fact that her Moon appears to form a conjunction with her Uranus -- the orb is a bit wide but it counts and it suggests that she needs a lot of independence. Her Moon also appears to form a conjunction with her Neptune, suggesting someone who might have some difficulties with appropriate boundaries and is probably a little too romantic for her own good -- especially since her Mars forms a square with Neptune as well. Her Moon also appears to form a square with Saturn, suggesting that she has difficulty trusting other people and sharing her feelings with them. With both your Sun and your Mars conjunct your Saturn and your Pluto conjunct both your Moon and your Ascendant, you're quite a bit more serious about a long-term relationship than she seems to be.

The overlay chart that you've posted actually makes it a bit hard to see which houses in your chart are activated by her planets -- and without a birth time for her, there's no way to know which houses in her chart are activated by your planets. Also, a composite chart really isn't very helpful at this point because you don't have a birth time for her and because the two of you have not made any sort of commitment to each other as a couple as yet -- and are unlikely to unless or until she ends her current relationship. I can see some reasons why you feel an attraction to each other -- if she is born close to noon, then your Suns are in sextile with each other and your Moons are as well. Her Sun forms a sextile with your Saturn, and her Moon a sextile with your Mercury. However, I also see a couple of aspects between her inner planets and your Neptune -- at least one of which (her Mars square your Neptune) suggests the possibility that she's not being entirely honest with herself and therefore unable to be entirely honest with you.

Last edited:

Kibblerz

Without a birth time -- which you evidently don't have for this girl -- it's a bit difficult to assess the level of compatibility between two people because the birth time determines what houses the planets activate both in the natal chart and the overlay synastry chart. The Moon also moves so quickly (it changes signs every two or three days) that birth time can also determine whether or not there are any aspects between the Moon in one person's chart and one or more planets in the other person's chart -- and if so, can decide whether those aspects are favorable or challenging. (In some cases, the question of what time of day the person was born can even change the sign of the Moon or other planets in his or her chart.)

One thing that gives me pause about this girl is that she appears to be triple Air -- Aquarius Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Gemini Ascendant. I might as well give it to you straight -- Air signs in general, but Gemini and Aquarius in particular, are not thought to have the best track record when it comes to being reliable and especially not in matters of the heart. Air signs have a reputation for being capricious, detached, fickle, flirtatious, and (in the case of Gemini) sometimes playing fast and loose with the truth...and in all fairness, this reputation is to some extent deserved. Gemini is represented by a pair of twins for a reason -- and people with their Ascendant in Gemini are often not intent on a long-term relationship. There are a couple of other aspects in her natal chart which leave me with doubts about her, such as the fact that her Moon appears to form a conjunction with her Uranus -- the orb is a bit wide but it counts and it suggests that she needs a lot of independence. Her Moon also appears to form a conjunction with her Neptune, suggesting someone who might have some difficulties with appropriate boundaries and is probably a little too romantic for her own good -- especially since her Mars forms a square with Neptune as well. Her Moon also appears to form a square with Saturn, suggesting that she has difficulty trusting other people and sharing her feelings with them. With both your Sun and your Mars square Saturn and your Pluto conjunct both your Moon and your Ascendant, you're quite a bit more serious about a long-term relationship than she seems to be.

The overlay chart that you've posted actually makes it a bit hard to see which houses in your chart are activated by her planets -- and without a birth time for her, there's no way to know which houses in her chart are activated by your planets. Also, a composite chart really isn't very helpful at this point because you don't have a birth time for her and because the two of you have not made any sort of commitment to each other as a couple as yet -- and are unlikely to unless or until she ends her current relationship. I can see some reasons why you feel an attraction to each other -- if she is born close to noon, then your Suns are in sextile with each other and your Moons are as well. Her Sun forms a sextile with your Saturn, and her Moon a sextile with your Mercury. However, I also see a couple of aspects between her inner planets and your Neptune -- at least one of which (her Mars square your Neptune) suggests the possibility that she's not being entirely honest with herself and therefore unable to be entirely honest with you.
Well as far as her birth time goes I think it'd be about 8-9pm since thats whend most of her planets fall into the 5th house. Since she tends to have a decent bit of recreational drug use that might be the most likely time

Not sure which other placements would suggest drug use but if it helps rectify her birth time she also as an extremely complicated family life, currently sleeping in her car in order to escape seeing them.

From everything you said though I'm guessing I should just stay away? 😂

Kibblerz

One thing that gives me pause about this girl is that she appears to be triple Air -- Aquarius Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Gemini Ascendant. I might as well give it to you straight -- Air signs in general, but Gemini and Aquarius in particular, are not thought to have the best track record when it comes to being reliable and especially not in matters of the heart. Air signs have a reputation for being capricious, detached, fickle, flirtatious, and (in the case of Gemini) sometimes playing fast and loose with the truth...and in all fairness, this reputation is to some extent deserved. Gemini is represented by a pair of twins for a reason -- and people with their Ascendant in Gemini are often not intent on a long-term relationship. There are a couple of other aspects in her natal chart which leave me with doubts about her, such as the fact that her Moon appears to form a conjunction with her Uranus -- the orb is a bit wide but it counts and it suggests that she needs a lot of independence. Her Moon also appears to form a conjunction with her Neptune, suggesting someone who might have some difficulties with appropriate boundaries and is probably a little too romantic for her own good -- especially since her Mars forms a square with Neptune as well. Her Moon also appears to form a square with Saturn, suggesting that she has difficulty trusting other people and sharing her feelings with them. With both your Sun and your Mars square Saturn and your Pluto conjunct both your Moon and your Ascendant, you're quite a bit more serious about a long-term relationship than she seems to be.

Actually 2pm might work too since her way of expression tends to scream 8th house lol.

GeminiGrrl

Well as far as her birth time goes I think it'd be about 8-9pm since thats whend most of her planets fall into the 5th house. Since she tends to have a decent bit of recreational drug use that might be the most likely time

Not sure which other placements would suggest drug use but if it helps rectify her birth time she also as an extremely complicated family life, currently sleeping in her car in order to escape seeing them.

From everything you said though I'm guessing I should just stay away? ��

Although I understand the temptation to guess at someone's approximate birth time (and even give into that temptation myself from time to time), I also know that it's highly unreliable and a very dicey proposition unless you know the other person extremely well especially when you have a vested interest of some kind in the outcome -- and although I realize that you might not want to hear this, the plain and simple truth is that you don't know this girl well at all especially since she appears to be giving you some conflicting messages to say the very least. (For one thing, if she's supposedly sleeping in her car in order to escape seeing her parents...then why did she leave your place at midnight when her mom called and asked her to come home?) Personally, based on what little you've told me, I would be inclined to put her Ascendant somewhere in Scorpio at this point since this would place Uranus in her fourth house -- an aspect often associated with an unstable childhood -- and Neptune in the third house of communication which is associated with people who forget to include all the important details when talking with someone and are therefore often misinterpreted (since Neptune tends to cloud whatever it touches). People with the Ascendant in Scorpio also play their cards very close to their chests. You've said that this girl gives off a strong eighth house energy -- and since Scorpio rules the eighth house, a Scorpio Ascendant would definitely give her that. It would also put Mars in her first house, which could also play a role in her family life since a first-house Mars is associated with a very impulsive and strong-willed personality. A late Gemini Ascendant might put her Mars in her fourth house, which would also lend itself to a tumultuous family life. Saturn or Pluto in the fourth lend themselves to a troubled childhood, but that would probably put her Ascendant in either Virgo or Capricorn and I just don't see it based on what you've said.

In response to your last question, yes -- I would advise you to steer clear of her, and for reasons which don't necessarily have anything to do with astrology. Forgive me for being blunt (and perhaps I'm judging her a little too harshly)...but from the sound of it, this girl is something of a "hot mess" to say the least. In her defense, she is very young -- and from the sound of it, might not have received good guidance from her parents. However -- and this is based on what you've told me -- you know that she already has a boyfriend to whom she's not entirely faithful (since she was quite willing to play with fire by canoodling with you), that she's prone to withholding pertinent information (such as not telling you about the boyfriend until after she returned home), that she blew off one of her friends to spend time with you, that she avoids taking responsibility for her own behavior (since she claimed that she was uncomfortable staying with you despite the fact that you asked her several times if she was willing), that she uses drugs recreationally, and that she's semi-homeless given that she's supposedly sleeping in her car. Is this someone who's a good fit for someone with his Sun and his Mars conjunct Saturn and his Pluto conjunct the Ascendant? In my opinion, the answer is an emphatic NO. You're only eighteen yourself -- you have plenty of time to find someone, and this girl frankly needs to get her act together before she can have a healthy relationship.

Last edited:

Kibblerz

Although I understand the temptation to guess at someone's approximate birth time (and even give into that temptation myself from time to time), I also know that it's highly unreliable and a very dicey proposition unless you know the other person extremely well especially when you have a vested interest of some kind in the outcome -- and although I realize that you might not want to hear this, the plain and simple truth is that you don't know this girl well at all especially since she appears to be giving you some conflicting messages to say the very least. (For one thing, if she's supposedly sleeping in her car in order to escape seeing her parents...then why did she leave your place at midnight when her mom called and asked her to come home?) Personally, based on what little you've told me, I would be inclined to put her Ascendant somewhere in Scorpio at this point since this would place Uranus in her fourth house -- an aspect often associated with an unstable childhood -- and Neptune in the third house of communication which is associated with people who forget to include all the important details when talking with someone and are therefore often misinterpreted (since Neptune tends to cloud whatever it touches). People with the Ascendant in Scorpio also play their cards very close to their chests. You've said that this girl gives off a strong eighth house energy -- and since Scorpio rules the eighth house, a Scorpio Ascendant would definitely give her that. A late Gemini Ascendant might put her Mars in her fourth house, which would also lend itself to a tumultuous family life. Saturn or Pluto in the fourth lend themselves to a troubled childhood , but that would probably put her Ascendant in either Virgo or Capricorn and I just don't see it.

In response to your last question, yes -- I would advise you to steer clear of her, and for reasons which don't necessarily have anything to do with astrology. Forgive me for being blunt (and perhaps I'm judging her a little too harshly)...but from the sound of it, this girl is something of a "hot mess" to say the least. In her defense, she is very young -- and from the sound of it, has not received good guidance from her parents. However -- and this is based on what you've told me -- you know that she already has a boyfriend to whom she's not entirely faithful (since she was quite willing to play with fire by canoodling with you), that she is prone to withhold pertinent information (such as not telling you about the boyfriend until after the fact), that she avoids taking responsibility for her own behavior (she claimed that she was uncomfortable staying with you despite the fact that you asked her several times if she was willing), that she uses drugs recreationally, and that she's semi-homeless given that she's sleeping in her car. Is this someone who's a good fit for someone with his Sun and his Mars conjunct Saturn and his Pluto conjunct the Ascendant? In my opinion, the answer is an emphatic NO. You're only eighteen yourself -- you have plenty of time to find someone, and this girl needs to get her act together before she can have a healthy relationship.

Well her homelessness is due to her still being in highschool. She's usually working or at school, her parents being rather overbearing. They evenly openly mocked her shaving her head to support kids with cancer on Facebook, saying how bad it looked.

Tbh I'm probably more experienced with recreational drugs than her (lsd, shrooms, etc).

Also the night she was over I heard the call from her mom, they wanted her home cause she recently got in trouble for possesion of pot.

The scorpio estimate sounds accurate though. Thank you for your input :)

Last edited: