Fated love or fated heartbreak? Please help :(

So I met this man over a year ago through work but he never went after me then, only after I changed jobs and even then some months later ( I had added a lot of ex-colleagues onto social media for the sake of keeping in touch).

Since contacting me 5 months ago, it has been intense...emotionally intense. I have never met anyone like him and I fear that if he is not my other half then he is my undoing...Please help!

My birth chart :
vMH0GYc.png

His birth chart:
mEOfNpx.png

Our synastry chart (I'm the inner wheel):
MGuOEG8.png

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

I wouldn't give up hope just yet -- people who walk away during a Venus retrograde sometimes do return once Venus goes direct. The fact that he's an Aquarius Sun with a Scorpio Moon also tells me that this is a man who plays his cards very close to his chest. He does not find it easy to share his feelings with other people -- especially since his Scorpio Moon (the Moon is in its fall in Scorpio) is conjunct his Ascendant, suggesting that his feelings run very deep but he doesn't always know how to deal with them. That being said, I don't think I would advise putting all your eggs in this man's basket -- especially since his Uranus squares your Ascendant, suggesting that this relationship is prone to instability. He's also dealing with some rather challenging aspects in his own natal chart with regard to romantic relationships (Sun square Mercury, Sun square Mars, Sun square Saturn, Moon inconjunct Venus, Moon square Neptune, Venus inconjunct Ascendant, Mars opposite Saturn).

One thing that concerns me a bit about the overlay chart is the fact that all his inner planets activate powerful -- and in some cases, emotionally vulnerable -- relationship houses in your chart but only one of your inner planets does the same in his chart. His Sun falls into your fourth house, his Moon into your twelfth, his Venus into your fifth house, and his Mars into your first house. Your Sun on the other hand falls into his twelfth house, your Moon into his ninth house, your Venus into his second house, and your Mars into his ninth. When one person's planets fall into important relationship houses in a second person's chart -- the first, the fourth, the fifth, the seventh, the eighth, and (to a lesser extent) the twelfth -- but the second person's planets don't do the same in the first person's chart, it suggests that the second person is the one who's more emotionally invested in the relationship.

I can definitely see why you might feel drawn to each other, as there are a quite a few aspects between your charts that are favorable for romantic attraction -- a mutual Sun/Sun aspect (trine), a mutual Venus/Venus aspect (trine), a mutual Ascendant/Ascendant aspect (conjunction), your Sun trine his Uranus, your Moon trine his Venus, your Moon trine his Mars out of sign, your Moon sextile his Jupiter, your Moon (possibly) sextile his Saturn at wide orb, your Venus sextile his Uranus, and your Venus conjunct his Pluto. It's obvious why you in particular are drawn to this man because he's activating two of your most potent (and emotionally vulnerable) relationship planets, the Moon and Venus, very strongly.

Unfortunately, however, I'm also seeing quite a lot of challenging aspects between the two of you including more than a couple of inconjuncts -- and inconjuncts are the most challenging aspects of all because there's really no way to find common ground between two signs which are inconjunct. Several of these inconjuncts involve his emotionally vulnerable planets, suggesting that he's likely to feel the effects more powerfully than you do. Your Sun is inconjunct his Jupiter out of sign and inconjunct his Saturn. Your Moon is inconjunct his Sun out of sign and is inconjunct his Chiron. Your Mars is inconjunct his Venus and his Neptune. Your Ascendant is also inconjunct his Venus. I won't lie to you...these will not be easy to deal with. However, since you've been seeing each other for five months -- enough time for a relationship to be established -- then perhaps it would be worth doing a composite chart to see if it compensates for these challenges.

In addition to the inconjuncts, I'm also seeing a fair few squares and oppositions. You have a mutual Moon/Moon aspect at a wide orb, but it's a square. You also have a mutual Mars/Mars square at a tight orb -- and your Mars is opposite his Sun. There are two aspects specifically which concern me -- your Mars squares his Saturn and your Saturn opposes his Venus. These are both seriously challenging aspects in a long-term relationship because Saturn tends to block or inhibit whatever it touches in hard aspect. The Mars-Saturn aspect in particular concerns me because his Saturn is in a Fixed sign, suggesting that he's prone to be inflexible when it comes to compromising on Saturn-related issues.

Thank you so much GeminiGrrl! It's eerily accurate so far, all you've said....He once told me that he has a hard time "keeping interest" in anyone and that he was scared to one day hurt me :/...But we've opened up to each other at such a level we've never experienced before , I'm hoping he'll come around eventually.. I don't want to lose him. If we can't be together in a relationship then I hope we'll remain friends at least. He has ADHD and I wonder if that's why he has a hard time keeping interest in people for long..? Also, we have each other on Snap Chat and Instagram and he still likes my posts (even though he's gone quiet ) and always views all of my Snap Chat stories, usually right away ( probably doesn't mean anything but I'm still hopeful it means something...)

I guess I just want to know if you can see in Synastry or the Composite for a relationship to have a tendency to be on-off ( unstable but nonetheless binding).

Anyways, here's our Composite Chart. I've used it with the reference place seeing as that I no longer live in the country of my birth and our "relationship" is being played out in his home country:

VJvwNSp.png

Again, thank you so much for all your help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

Well, I'm afraid that the composite is something of a mixed bag as well with some very positive aspects and some quite challenging ones as well. This won't be an easy relationship, that's for sure...but since you both have your Ascendant in Scorpio and you have your Moons in Leo and Scorpio, it's possible that a relationship with a lot of drama might appeal to you and that something that is too easy would bore you.

The composite Sun in Sagittarius squares the composite Moon in Virgo. Sun-Moon aspects in synastry are powerful, but this one is a square so it suggests that your ego needs as a couple are not in sync with your emotional needs. That being said, the signs are both Mutable suggesting that these conflicts might not be as difficult to resolve as they might be if both signs were Fixed.

The composite Sun is also inconjunct the composite Saturn in Leo out of sign -- a wide orb, but it counts and the Saturn in this case is Fixed. It looks as if it should be a trine, and it would be if the Saturn were in the last degrees of Leo -- but it isn't. It's closer to being in Cancer, which creates an inconjunct with the Sun in the last degrees of Sagittarius.

The composite Moon in Virgo is also square the composite Mercury in Sagittarius, suggesting that your emotional and intellectual needs are not in sync either. However, the composite Moon is also trine the composite Neptune in Capricorn and sextile the composite Pluto in Scorpio -- and composite Pluto in the Scorpio in the first house suggests that this is anything but a superficial relationship.

The composite Venus in Aquarius is trine the composite Mars in Libra, an aspect which is very powerful for attraction, but it's also opposite the composite Saturn in Leo suggesting that the two of you find it difficult to express affection for each other. The composite Venus is also potentially square the composite Pluto in Scorpio, although the orb is very wide and possibly too wide to count.

The composite Mars in Libra is sextile the composite Jupiter in Leo, which is nice -- however, it also forms a very tight square with the composite Neptune in Capricorn. Challenging Neptune aspects often feel very good on the surface but they also suggest that one or both people in the relationship are choosing on some level not to face reality and are deceiving themselves and/or each other (although this deception is not malicious and is often not conscious, more an example of one or both people wearing the proverbial rose-colored glasses and falling in love with his or her image of the other person rather than the real person).

Last edited:
Thank you GeminiGrrl ! So would you say our "connection" will have an on/off quality yet binding..?

Reason I ask...he just reached out to me. He wrote, " I have not forgotten you. How's life?"...ugghh...I'm so in love but scared he's manipulating me :/

GeminiGrrl

Thank you GeminiGrrl ! So would you say our "connection" will have an on/off quality yet binding..?

Reason I ask...he just reached out to me. He wrote, " I have not forgotten you. How's life?"...ugghh...I'm so in love but scared he's manipulating me :/

I don't get the impression that he's manipulating you as such since there are no challenging aspects in the overlay chart between his Pluto and your inner planets -- challenging aspects in synastry between Pluto in one person's chart and one or more inner planets in the other person's chart are frequently associated with manipulation and power games which are not necessarily always deliberate or even conscious. You do have Venus conjunct Pluto in the composite but this if anything suggests that if there's any manipulation going on, it's not purely one-sided.

I would consider this more of what I would call a pushmi-pullyu relationship (like that creature in "Doctor Doolittle" with a head at both ends but which can only move in one direction at a time). Inconjuncts are like that -- they're often compared to a seesaw in which it's very difficult if not impossible to find the point of balance. The fact that his Uranus forms a challenging aspect with your Ascendant contributes to the relationship's instability as do the conflicts within his own chart -- but if your relationship is on-again/off-again, I would contribute this more to the fact that the two of you have trouble relating to each other on some very basic levels. (As an example, the fact that your Sun forms an inconjunct with his Saturn is one aspect that definitely might prompt him to drive with one foot on the brake as far as this relationship is concerned because being with you brings up some insecurities in him -- and this is before you even take the challenges in his own chart into account.) As I said before, this is anything but a superficial connection. I would call this a magnetic relationship in some ways -- but even though this is a strange analogy (since astrology works the opposite way), magnets attract each other at the opposite poles yet repel each other at the identical poles. A phrase which seems to sum up this relationship is the old "can't live with 'em -- can't live without 'em."

Last edited:
Thank you for your clarification! :) He reached out again last night but I didn't get back to him right away so now he is not responding to my latest text... ugghh.. I think we both have some ego issues going on between us ('now that she's not answering right away, I won't either´, type of game)... he tries to get emotional reactions out of me at times by saying or doing things he knows annoys me or would make me jealous. He once said that he liked when I showed my jealous nature because it meant to him that I "cared". This relationship...connection...feels very Plutonian. Having grown up with a Scorpio mother and myself having Pluto conjunct Sun and a Scorpio Rising, I recognize the drama all too well.. I'm very dramatic myself when in love and I sense he is too. I just don't want him to ever leave.... " can't live with him...can't live without him" :confused:

Question though: Doesn't my Pluto tightly trine his Sun and Mercury as well? I read this can also make things pretty intense in a relationship but I'm not sure if this is as potent as the Venus conjunct Pluto aspect.

Last edited:

ashriia

Anyways, here's our Composite Chart. I've used it with the reference place seeing as that I no longer live in the country of my birth and our "relationship" is being played out in his home country:

Hi, can you please upload the composite chart with your birth places, composites shouldn't be relocated as a foundation chart for the relationship. Please include lilith.

No doubt this guy has sex appeal to many. neptune conjunct lilith, with venus in tight aspect to lilith. pluto is also in tight aspect to the nodes, and mars is at a critical degree in scorp.
What's this guy like btw? He's got a super intense chart.
Interesting that you also have a critical degree Mars!

Last edited:
Ashriia, here is the composite chart , not using a reference place other than our birth places/times:

ib2giAw.png

This guy..is intense. Extremely seductive, knows it. Even though I push him away and I never run after, he "always" comes back...it's an addiction. Whenever we'd get all emotionally deep, I'd feel a strange buzz / dizziness in my head and he would too...we'd dream of each other, vivid dreams. I feel like I need to be careful with him (that Scorpio moon and mars scares me a bit yet drives me wild). We had an explosive argument one night over texting where I started crying and he immediately wanted to talk to me over the phone until I had cooled off (we were not in the same city then)...a whole 2 hours .. of him just sitting on the phone, not giving up on me. Then he'd do something to anger me a day later and I'd coldly ignore him to which he'd chase after me, demanding that I " answer him ". I can't break from him. He calls, I answer... but I never initiate. He once said, " I want you as obsessed as I am"...

Last edited:

GeminiGrrl

Thank you for your clarification! :) He reached out again last night but I didn't get back to him right away so now he is not responding to my latest text... ugghh.. I think we both have some ego issues going on between us ('now that she's not answering right away, I won't either´, type of game)... he tries to get emotional reactions out of me at times by saying or doing things he knows annoys me or would make me jealous. He once said that he liked when I showed my jealous nature because it meant to him that I "cared". This relationship...connection...feels very Plutonian. Having grown up with a Scorpio mother and myself having Pluto conjunct Sun and a Scorpio Rising, I recognize the drama all too well.. I'm very dramatic myself when in love and I sense he is too. I just don't want him to ever leave.... " can't live with him...can't live without him" :confused:

Question though: Doesn't my Pluto tightly trine his Sun and Mercury as well? I read this can also make things pretty intense in a relationship but I'm not sure if this is as potent as the Venus conjunct Pluto aspect.

You're right about the trine between your Pluto in Libra and his Sun in Aquarius -- good catch -- and that would intensify the attraction between you although (as you mentioned) Venus conjunct Pluto is a more intense and magnetic aspect. To be honest, however, I don't pay a great deal of attention to Mercury in synastry unless it is the chart ruler for one of the people involved or in some other way very significant in the chart (multiple planets in Gemini or Virgo, Mercury as a singleton, etc.). I acknowledge that communication is very important in a relationship -- but Mercury connections are generally not enough to bind two people together in the absence of connections involving the Sun, the Moon, Venus, Mars, Saturn, and the Ascendant (and a relationship in which the strongest aspects involve Mercury is likely to be platonic in the sense of being on the same intellectual wavelength rather than being romantic). Mercury rules the third and sixth houses, neither of which are romance-oriented -- looking at Mercury is more useful when you're looking at the relationship between friends, family members (especially siblings), co-workers, and employers (or employees).
Save

Last edited:

ashriia

He once said, " I want you as obsessed as I am"...

Composite chart has Scorpio on the Ascendant,Pluto is domiciled in scorpio, and not surprisingly in a square with venus. Certainly together you could be seen as a power couple.

Core/Foundation of the relationship - Aquarius ruling the IC with chiron in the 4th. Venus is also in aquarius in the 3rd, this can have something to do with the social media aspects of your current interaction. However, Aquarius on the IC, this is likely to be hot and heavy off and on dynamic, not only on his part, but on yours as well.

GeminiGurrl and Ashriia, thank you so much! :smile:

I have some further questions for you. So I showed my synastry chart to an acquaintance of mine who's into astrology and she pointed out that his 8th house ruler is Mercury and seeing as that we have some good aspects with Mercury in our synastry, this plays an important part in the attraction between us as well. When we talk, we can talk for 5 hours straight and it won't feel like any time has passed.The way we talk to each other is also highly romantic and emotionally charged, we become addicted easily. But then he gets into his mood swings and I won't hear from him for some days but when he returns he says things like, " I hate not talking to you...but I haven't been feeling so well":sad: Also, seeing as that both our Ascendants are in Scorpio, our "Secondary DSC " (which one can look to apparently if the Primary attraction houses are not really activated )is the 2nd house and my Venus sits in his 2nd and his Pluto is in mine ( venus conjunct pluto) this also activates his attraction for me. Isn't the 2nd house all about material wealth too? Thing is, I'm well off and some of his first comments to me were about how well dressed I was and him showing off his expensive items and talking about his career plans.... He still tries to stun me with talk of things he's purchased, etc...

I'm still new at trying to decipher these things but the above makes sense along with what you both have told me... I mean, he went after me, I never saw him as someone I'd naturally go after until he made contact and truly lured me into his lair ( Pluto all the way...)He plays his games but I guess I do too... I just sense there is an obsession going on , on his part just as there seems to be on mine...

I don't know, thoughts? :smile:

Last edited:

ashriia

my Venus sits in his 2nd and his Pluto is in mine ( venus conjunct pluto) this also activates his attraction for me. Isn't the 2nd house all about material wealth too? Thing is, I'm well off and some of his first comments to me were about how well dressed I was and him showing off his expensive items and talking about his career plans.... He still tries to stun me with talk of things he's purchased, etc...

Not surprised to hear that you're well off. Your venus is in the 1st, but influences the second as well because it's in the same sign - Saggitarius. However Jupiter being the ruler of the 2nd and found conjunct pluto in libra. That a recipe for being wealthy. Jupiter/Pluto is also found with natives that work with significant amounts of money as well.

Anyway. I think the conjunction with pluto/venus which does create obsession, can also be indicative here of having similar values. If you look at the composite chart, jupiter rules the second as well and is in the 9th. 9th apart from religion/higher education is also philosophies. Probably why you can have those 5 hour conversations and lose track of time. Your working from a similar frequency, its also easy to find compatibility with people of the same rising sign as yourself.

Thank you Ashriia!:smile: Makes complete sense.

I have a question: Is there a way to see what's going on between us right now? A chart of some sort that shows you this? He's gone quiet again but is still super active on my social media accounts... I wonder if this quiet spell is indeed the workings of Venus in retrograde....

ashriia

Thank you Ashriia!:smile: Makes complete sense.
I have a question: Is there a way to see what's going on between us right now? A chart of some sort that shows you this?

Sure, youre welcome.

What you can look at is the Progressed Composite, this will show where things are at right now between you.