Mars in Capricorn is the absolute best placement for success

StillConfused

Thanks for this. Gauquelin also found a correlation with famous Scientists and Saturn in a "plus zone" which interestingly is a mix of strongly angular areas of the chart, such as a few degrees past the ascendent, and all the cadent houses as defined by the equal house system.

I also know one person with Mars in Capricorn and another with Saturn exactly conjunct the MC, and they definitely each have their struggles. I don't mean that at all lightly.

So I'll throw in just like anything else in astrology correlations might be there but no position is necessarily a defining element by itself.

StillConfused

I must say though, looking through the lists you provided through the links, the general inlfuence is quite impossible to ignore. It's quite amazing, in terms of fame, the results aren't the same compared to other placements one might choose for Mars of Saturn.

WeCareALot

StillConfused,

I know! It's crazy how many successful people (and not just sort of successful but REALLY successful) have one of those two traits in their chart. It makes me jealous with my ****** little Mars in Gemini. The only Mars-Saturn connection I have is Mars biquintile Saturn, and I'm not sure that's enough, haha. Then again, I should be working right now instead of posting online...lol.

poyi

Premium Member
Mars stay in the same sign and same declination for a long period of time not all of them can be famous and successful. And surely Mars in Gemini can also be successful. You need to look at the whole chart.

StillConfused

It makes me jealous with my ****** little Mars in Gemini. The only Mars-Saturn connection I have is Mars biquintile Saturn, and I'm not sure that's enough, haha. Then again, I should be working right now instead of posting online...lol.

That is a very understandable personalization you've made there but it's what I personally consider bad use of astrology and it happens a lot. Mars in Gemini must be honed in on in its own way. It won't be if you're focused on what it's not.

And reminding yourself of what you're not doing (working instead of posting online) whilst choosing to do something else is self-abuse. Either or is where you cut yourself a break ;). Good luck learning that skill, it is a life-saver though.

The Ram

Mars is pretty good in Gemini actually. With gemini being a very active sign it gives a lot of energy. Plus with gemini ruling the hands, shoulders and arms it gives good physical strength, in the upperbody atleast. Good endurance as well with geminis association with the lungs.

Anyhow mars in scorpio> every other placement. :biggrin:

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I think Mars in Gemini can take down Cap Mars any day. Gemini is squirrely, unpredictable energy, a sort of think-along-the-way sort of attitude. That has more advantages over Cap Mars, which does not fare well unless extensive planning is involved.

Heh. I think of Cap Mars Alexander Hamilton (1st US Treasurer) duel against Gemini Mars Aaron Burr. Hamilton was trash talking Burr for many years and accused him of all sorts of nastiness. Finally, Burr challenged Hamilton to a duel (which was illegal). Neither of them intended for it to be fatal or deadly, but to satisfy "manly honor." Well, Hamilton, true to Cap Mars fashion planned out the whole event and even supplied the fancy pistols (which were highly inaccurate). He even chose carefully where he would stand (north). Hamilton fired first and the bullet went over Burr's head which shocked Burr making him think it was for real and shot Hamilton in the leg. But because the pistols were inaccurate, what was meant to be a flesh wound actually turned into a fatal shot. Hamilton died the following day. So, all that planning actually BACKFIRED.

Hamilton's chart
BJp1DGIQAzEYnRqXZQNjZQNj.png

Burr's chart
BQWKAKp1ImH2FaV4ZQNjZQNj.png

HoldOrFold

Mars stay in the same sign and same declination for a long period of time not all of them can be famous and successful. And surely Mars in Gemini can also be successful. You need to look at the whole chart.

True but I think the OP means as an effect on a large population rather than individual cases. That's where the overall trends can be visible. :happy:

poyi

Premium Member
Honestly, the idea of accurate interpretation and chart analysis is to be as precise as personal as possible. Otherwise we should all have Mars sign astrology. A Mars in Capricorn if aspects or in declination of planets in Cancer or Taurus that Mars in Capricorn will not necessarily be the signature of success. If Mars in Capricorn at ascendant can directly harm Cancer descendant worse with cancer moon opposition and if a person is having problem with one to one relationship/open enemies that is not that easy either. If Mars in Capricorn but final dispositor Saturn is severly debilitied how strong can you assume this Mars be? If we only looking at Mars alone, we denied 99.999999999999% of astrology. There are so many more things one should consider and analyse.

HoldOrFold

Yet it's useful to notice large, broad trends to see the effect certain planets have, which may not be apparent if you only look at individual cases ignoring all previous trends. Like the work of Michael Gauliquin wouldn't have been possible if he was only studying the painstaking details of individual cases and ignoring overall patterns of what he was looking for. Basic statistics really, applicable in any field.

Also, personally, since I obsess over getting someone's birth data as soon as I meet them, I've buit up an internal database of people's faces matched to their signs. Because of this, when I see a new person, I often can guess either or a combination of their Sun /Moon/Ascendant signs correctly. Of course there's many factors to a person's appearance, but the large scope trend allows me to increase the chances of guessing correctly without seeing the intricacies of their chart.

poyi

Premium Member
I guess the ways we learned astrology is different. I tend to and always have been learning astrology in pairs and in polarisations of signs and axises. I learn Mars in exaltation Capricorn and fall in Cander together as an example. Even learning both modern and traditional methods together and I like to see how they work in every chart and note they all work very well individually something pointing out different things or and together or in parallel confirming each other. I also compare both what I learned in Chinese astrology comparing to the western and Vedic astrology. I think my mind function very different to you which is normal. Everyone learns differently.

WeCareALot

I think Mars in Gemini can take down Cap Mars any day. Gemini is squirrely, unpredictable energy, a sort of think-along-the-way sort of attitude. That has more advantages over Cap Mars, which does not fare well unless extensive planning is involved.

Heh. I think of Cap Mars Alexander Hamilton (1st US Treasurer) duel against Gemini Mars Aaron Burr. Hamilton was trash talking Burr for many years and accused him of all sorts of nastiness. Finally, Burr challenged Hamilton to a duel (which was illegal). Neither of them intended for it to be fatal or deadly, but to satisfy "manly honor." Well, Hamilton, true to Cap Mars fashion planned out the whole event and even supplied the fancy pistols (which were highly inaccurate). He even chose carefully where he would stand (north). Hamilton fired first and the bullet went over Burr's head which shocked Burr making him think it was for real and shot Hamilton in the leg. But because the pistols were inaccurate, what was meant to be a flesh wound actually turned into a fatal shot. Hamilton died the following day. So, all that planning actually BACKFIRED.

HAHAHA! I don't know why this story is so hilarious to me. I keep picturing some 18th century, mutton chop-wearing guy's eyes flying wide open when he realizes his plan backfired horribly. It's cracking me up.

And yeah, I do see some benefits to Mars in Gemini; I just need to get better at using that energy. It doesn't help, though, that I have Mars (H8) inconjunct Uranus in Cap (H3). So while I'm working on one thing, Uranus is constantly going, "Hey, hey, hey, HEY! Take a look at this!!" and distracting the f'ing cr@p out of me. But overall I sense that Gemini and Capricorn energy can be a great tag team given the right mental technique.

Interestingly enough, I learned that Mars in an air sign tends to be a popular trait in boxers (as well as Sun in Cap). Supposedly, it's because boxing requires a lot of strategizing-on-your-feet; you really have to be able to think and plan as you're going along...this I definitely learned the hard way when I took boxing classes last year, lol! Makes me want to get back into the sport.

kimbermoon

Another example though relates to Richard Nixon, former president. He had Saturn in the 10th which brought about his downfall, in disgrace, over the Watergate fiasco. Much also depends on what you deem to infer success and fulfilment; I have Mars in Capricorn but below the horizon and I am not and have never been cast in the role of a public official or anything akin to being considered 'successful'; instead the afflictions to this Mars in my second H has found me in financial difficulty on a few occasions and troubles in health, as ruler of my 6th H...:wink:

M

may28gemini

Honestly, the idea of accurate interpretation and chart analysis is to be as precise as personal as possible. Otherwise we should all have Mars sign astrology. A Mars in Capricorn if aspects or in declination of planets in Cancer or Taurus that Mars in Capricorn will not necessarily be the signature of success. If Mars in Capricorn at ascendant can directly harm Cancer descendant worse with cancer moon opposition and if a person is having problem with one to one relationship/open enemies that is not that easy either. If Mars in Capricorn but final dispositor Saturn is severly debilitied how strong can you assume this Mars be? If we only looking at Mars alone, we denied 99.999999999999% of astrology. There are so many more things one should consider and analyse.

Yes, exactly. Take situation I presented earlier with Hamilton vs Burr.

Hamilton's Cap Mars' final depositor is Saturn (Saturn in domicile of Aqua) but Burr's Gemini Mars' final depositor is also Saturn (also has domicile Aqua Saturn)! So the question is... which one has a stronger placed Mars?

Both of them have Mars in succedent houses but the order of strongest to weakest as far as succedent houses go would be 11th, 5th, 2nd, 8th. Burr's Mars is in 5th, but Hamilton's Mars is in 2nd. Both had final depositor of Saturn for their Mars but Burr actually had the upper hand in that it's placed in a stronger house.

M

may28gemini

HAHAHA! I don't know why this story is so hilarious to me. I keep picturing some 18th century, mutton chop-wearing guy's eyes flying wide open when he realizes his plan backfired horribly. It's cracking me up.

And yeah, I do see some benefits to Mars in Gemini; I just need to get better at using that energy. It doesn't help, though, that I have Mars (H8) inconjunct Uranus in Cap (H3). So while I'm working on one thing, Uranus is constantly going, "Hey, hey, hey, HEY! Take a look at this!!" and distracting the f'ing cr@p out of me. But overall I sense that Gemini and Capricorn energy can be a great tag team given the right mental technique.

Interestingly enough, I learned that Mars in an air sign tends to be a popular trait in boxers (as well as Sun in Cap). Supposedly, it's because boxing requires a lot of strategizing-on-your-feet; you really have to be able to think and plan as you're going along...this I definitely learned the hard way when I took boxing classes last year, lol! Makes me want to get back into the sport.

Yeah, the story is freakin hilarious isn't it? I find a lot of astrological connections with life and the stories that come from it and it just comes to show, there's really no guarentee of anything.

I think Air Mars is really hilarious... jumpy, nervous, squirrelly, silly, and unserious. The problem with them is if they have a problem with something, they're going to start a big hoopla about everything until the word gets around (esp. Gemini Mars). However, it's a good Mars to have when persuading others is a big concern (such as being in law...) Earth Mars is less vocal and more into doing stuff... quietly. We don't need to talk about anything, we just do it and get on with it. That's the biggest difference. Noticed I used "we" because I'm an Earth Mars person.

Gemini Mars in the 8th isn't bad. That's only part of the picture. I have Algol Taurus Mars (detriment) conjunct Chiron in the 8th. So if you think you've got it bad, heh, I beat you to it :lol: I have a very corrupted Mars. However, that's not the end of the story. My Mars gets help from the trines made by my Jupiter-Saturn in Libra. My Saturn is exalted which is able to lift some of the yuck factors tied to detriment Mars and my Jupiter is extra powered being cardinal at 0 degrees and placed in the strongest angular house (1st).

Now, the trick is, traditionally, Saturn rules 1st and 8th houses. Having your Mars placed in the 8th is yes, "malefic" but how's your Saturn situation? As I said before, my yucky Mars is not really super yucky thanks to trine from my exalted Saturn. And being that Mars is in a Saturn house and my Saturn is well placed (in angular house, on the AC), it adds a lot of structure to my Mars. Pretty much Saturn has cracked the whip on Mars so much so that, my Mars is not recognizable as being Taurus (even to me other than a few generic traits) but of something else (but still of Earth quality).

Last edited:

WeCareALot

Yeah, the story is freakin hilarious isn't it? I find a lot of astrological connections with life and the stories that come from it and it just comes to show, there's really no guarentee of anything.

I think Air Mars is really hilarious... jumpy, nervous, squirrelly, silly, and unserious. The problem with them is if they have a problem with something, they're going to start a big hoopla about everything until the word gets around (esp. Gemini Mars). However, it's a good Mars to have when persuading others is a big concern (such as being in law...) Earth Mars is less vocal and more into doing stuff... quietly. We don't need to talk about anything, we just do it and get on with it. That's the biggest difference. Noticed I used "we" because I'm an Earth Mars person.

Gemini Mars in the 8th isn't bad. That's only part of the picture. I have Algol Taurus Mars (detriment) conjunct Chiron in the 8th. So if you think you've got it bad, heh, I beat you to it :lol: I have a very corrupted Mars. However, that's not the end of the story. My Mars gets help from the trines made by my Jupiter-Saturn in Libra. My Saturn is exalted which is able to lift some of the yuck factors tied to detriment Mars and my Jupiter is extra powered being cardinal at 0 degrees and placed in the strongest angular house (1st).

Now, the trick is, traditionally, Saturn rules 1st and 8th houses. Having your Mars placed in the 8th is yes, "malefic" but how's your Saturn situation? As I said before, my yucky Mars is not really super yucky thanks to trine from my exalted Saturn. And being that Mars is in a Saturn house and my Saturn is well placed (in angular house, on the AC), it adds a lot of structure to my Mars. Pretty much Saturn has cracked the whip on Mars so much so that, my Mars is not recognizable as being Taurus (even to me other than a few generic traits) but of something else (but still of Earth quality).

Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't consider that other planets can bolster weakened ones. My Saturn's in Capricorn in House 3. So Saturn's in his own sign, but that's true for pretty much everyone born in the same 1-2 year period as me. I suppose that's why I never considered it. I'm not sure about the benefits/downsides to Saturn in House 3. Supposedly, it should give me a serious, disciplined mind. I can be disciplined--I spent the first 22 years of my life just trying to get into and succeed at my dream school. But now that that goal is done and gone, I've been in somewhat of a lazy, Libra-esque funk for the last 2 years. I have a Uranus-Neptune-Saturn in Capricorn stellium in House 3, with Neptune and Saturn conjunct my IC. Technically, I have my Mars inconjunct Uranus and biquintile Saturn but it's kind of confusing to think about since Uranus and Saturn are fused. I started a post a while ago about aspects to a conjunction because I was curious/confused about how my Mars interacts with this Capricorn stellium.

Also, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your posts, May28gemini! You have a unique perspective on some things (I've never considered whole sign system until coming here), and I appreciate your polite-yet-brutally-honest style, haha.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Career analysis is way more extensive than just success. Many people are successful in their careers but are terribly unhappy because it isn't a fit for them.

Even within the realm of just the career part, you can have a strong indicator for success in a certain area, but if you don't have the aptitudes, or the preferred work environment then it won't work for you. And if you don't have the money to get there, it won't help either. There were whole areas of my life that I wanted to broaden and get more training. I would have loved to have a PhD, and I had the aptitude, and preferred work environment to get it. But I had family responsibilities and no funds to get it. And of course my chart showed the family responsibilities as interfering with my career goals.

And beyond that, it has to fit within the mission in life, with your cognition, with your strengths and areas that you shouldn't try, with how you deal with change, and even with your energy levels.

One of the biggest problems with the world today in science and other places, is the continuous search for simplistic answers to horribly complex problems. There are so many of these simplistic answers out there in the world of science and other areas today.

Last edited:

Lucid

I'm sorry to be the party-pooper here, but that claim is extremely generalizing. Saying mars in capricorn gives a person the highest chances of success is like saying that sun in sagittarius gives you the most luck in career (and here is a list of all the celebrities born under sagittarius: http://www.astrotheme.com/celebrities/sun/sagittarius/1.htm)

Incredible list, no? well, it should be, considering it pretty much gives the most popular celebrities from a data of about tens of thousands of people..... btw, from that list you gave, 5 out of the first 20 people were born in a year when mars spent about 6(!!!!) months in capricorn.... naturally, there IS a connection between the stubborn, consistent and hardy mars-in-cap, to the ability to battle obstacles in order to achieve success. But it is too generalizing. As I said, it's like saying that having a sun in X makes you this and that. As people who deal with astrology (whether as a hobby or profession), we should know that a person's traits and abilites are not solely based on their sun sign, NOR their mars sign.
After examining a few of the most noticeable celebrities of our era, specifically, female celebrities, I have come to a non-statistical conclusion. It is nothing I would consider scientifically proven or anything like that, but when I saw it, I immediately searched through several more charts.
And this is my conclusion: the majority of female celebrities have a triangular (meaning 2 sextiles and a trine) relationship between sun-mars-jupiter. It seems a lot have a sun sextile their mars, and a touch of jupiter usually comes in, or if jupiter doesn't aspect neither - it usually leads to squaring (or any aspect with) venus. For real. I think it even makes sense, because for a woman (or any person) to be successful, he or she needs the will/ego (sun), drive (mars) and a fair share of luck (jupiter) to go hand in hand. Venus usually adds in the beauty and femininity, and squaring with jupiter is craving the attention and the lights. But the triangle between sun-mars-jupiter or any combo among them, really seems to come up in many charts. Especially sun sextile mars. That is the most practical aspect, and it doesn't matter where the mars would be (miley cyrus as an example, has mars in cancer, and she's like a multi-millionaire, or penelope cruz, also with mars in cancer)
I started with Angelina Jolie, Rihanna, Megan Fox, Kristen Stewart and Miley Cyrus. They all have sun-mars connection, and most have jupiter aspecting sun/mars/venus. After that, I've checked about 2 dozen others, and they all seemed to fit in with my "theory"....
I also tried to see if this works with male celebrities, but I think they have other factors coming in for them.... I think a lot of the heavier planets (specifically uranus, neptune) influence them, but haven't had any luck in reaching concrete conclusion like the above (which, again, is not something I claim is a fool-proof theory)

And anyway, I think different areas of life demand different kinds of skills, as obviously movie stars' and musicians' success cannot be measured in the same way as that of a politician or a scientist. Of the latter, I'd probably expect a heavier influence of mercury by the heavier planets.