1993 conjunction of Uranus and Neptune

Nexus7

I have usually seen a Pisces Moon for the UK rather than a Cancer Moon. Or is that just for England.

EJ53

You are right, there was indeed a Uranus Neptune conjunction at the time of the civil war in the UK. Late Aries.

I wanted to see if Cromwell had a natal Saturn-Pluto, but he did not. After all, his dead body was exhumed in orderto have it beheaded. What he did have was Saturn opposing the midpoint of natal Mars and Pluto. He also had a conjunction of Pluto-Mercury-Uranus in late Aries.

A man for times - or rather, maybe ahead of it. 0 Pisces is given for his Ascendant, but maybe Aquarius cannot be ruled out.

EJ53

Banned
Nexus7 said:
I have usually seen a Pisces Moon for the UK rather than a Cancer Moon. Or is that just for England.

Uk, but I lifted the data out of a book that may not be reliable.....Ist Jan 1801...London, England....Midnight Local Time (although I've always thought it was noon)......When Ireland joined Scotland/Wales/England to form the UK.

..there was indeed a Uranus Neptune conjunction at the time of the civil war in the UK. Late Aries.

My software shows it in Sagittarius.......Part of a stellium of Moon, Mercury, Venus, Uranus and Neptune

...I wanted to see if Cromwell had a natal Saturn-Pluto.....A man for times - or maybe ahead of it....

Hadn't thought of that Nexus..........There is unlikely to be a Cromwellian approach to reform without a Cromwell to lead it.......And s/he may not be one of the Uranus/Neptune conjunct generation at all. Thanks for "the whack on the side of the head" to prompt me to look in another direction.

EJ:)

Nexus7

My software shows it in Sagittarius.......Part of a stellium of Moon, Mercury, Venus, Uranus and Neptune

Well, there was a conjunction between these outer planets in Sagittarius - but it came later. Karl Marx had this one on his Midheaven. Like Cromwell, he was also a New Moon in Taurus and definitely had an Aquarius rising - with Eris there too, to boot - so Uranus was his chart ruler. The one in the 1500's that shows up in Cromwell's chart apprears to be in late Aries, though.

So that is two previous ones in fire signs and we know that the one that took place in the 1990's was not, of course.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Nexus7 said:
...The one n the 1500's that shows up in Cromwell's chart apprears to be in late Aries, though.

Ah.....That's Uranus conjunct Pluto, trine Neptune in Leo....with Uranus presumably catching up with/conjoining Neptune in Sagittarius around the time of the English Civil War.........But, now we do have a significant Uranus/Neptune link between Cromwell and the War itself.

So that is two previous ones in fire signs and we know that the one that took place in the 1990's was not, of course.

My software shows the next one taking place at 3 degrees of Capricorn in 1821......So, two Uranus/Neptune conjunctions in Earth since the Civil War....And the first of these was around the time of the Dickensian approach to reform.......So Capricorn responsibility may guide the 1993 "reformers" too........But the "fly in the ointment" there is the current indifferent attitude displayed by the wealthy/banks to the suffering of the poor/taxpayers.....Will Capricorn act negatively if the "wealthy" resist reform rather than embrace it?

Interesting scenario........and (as you say Nexus)....very much linked to the "psyche" of the UK.

Nexus7

Ah.....That's Uranus conjunct Pluto, trine Neptune in Leo....with Uranus presumably catching up with/conjoining Neptune in Sagittarius around the time of the English Civil War

OK, wakey, wakey, girl.....Uranus/Pluto for Cromwell makes a lot more sense though, that is the combo when the heads do roll: 1789, for example.

Another conjunction of Uranus/Neptune in Capricorn in 1821???

You know, we studies that period of British history at school - that is, the decade following this period. Child labour was reduced, with the so-called Factory Acts, the Chartist movement was active, but most notoriously, there was the Poor Law Amendment Act, which basically scrapped the scrapped the then-welfare state and put all paupers into what were virtually concentration camps, whilst not usually actually killing them (workhouses).

It is precedents like these that do make me pessimistic that there will be much in the way of reform in the UK, or that things will ever change much. I suspect that in a lof of countries, the banks are not responding well to the present world crisis - they aren't especially in Hungary, either. My students involved in real estate are certainly feeling the crunch. As might a whole lot more people, the soup queues at the Hare Krishna van in the city are growing ever-longer.

The workhouses mentioned before were actually part of a great Utopian vision to begin with, involving creative self-help projects - until the original beauty of the idea was turned into something totally punitive.

I mean, did that 1821 conjunction actually hit the UK Sun? It would explain a lot of it did.

EJ53

Banned
Nexus7 said:
....did that 1821 conjunction actually hit the UK Sun? It would explain a lot of it did.

No........It fell exactly on Chiron in Capricorn/3rd house, which is sextile Pluto Pisces/5th and both qncx Jupiter in Leo/10th........."Deep seated feelings of being unheard" sextile "power through creative sympathy" focused by the quncxs upon "faith in the establishment"........A Finger of Fate which actually tells us why nothing ever changes in the UK.....Being seen to act rather than acting effectively.

But this time, the conjunction opposes the Moon in Cancer/10th....with Neptune in Scorpio/2nd making it "easy".......Idealistic/caring people with spiritual values becoming the new Establishment........Or emotions/disillusion and attachment to the past getting in the way of neccessary change?

flea

Australia's Federation Chart in 1901 has a taurean moon at 20deg, so there might be a connection to this.

Also noted that Cromwell, the Protector, was born on 25 April, same as Anzac Day in Aust and New Zealand, remembering the war dead.

Cromwell's family had also been highly placed with both Henry8 and Eliz1, so the family were already part of a power elite. Though reforms took place, was this just a consequence of infighting in the power factions at the time. Rather than for egalitarian reasons.

Fascinating thread....... and changes seem to be part of what people are expecting now. I tend to think existing power factions will attempt to enlist prol support for certain reform, as long as they get the power they want.

Maybe all this winning and losing of money and control is the fall out of an unseen power battle.

FleaXXX

Nexus7

Or emotions/disillusion and attachment to the past getting in the way of neccessary change?

People can be rather afraid of change, it is true. You could also read it as the possibility of dissent sown amongst people (Moon) through deception (Neptune): being lied to. Of course, the sort of lies that many people like to hear. Divide and rule.

EJ53

Banned
flea said:
Australia's Federation Chart in 1901 has a taurean moon at 20deg, so there might be a connection to this.

Yes....Several Countries without planets at 19 degrees have them soon after.....Maybe they will learn from whatever happens in the UK.

Edit 24th feb 09......But, Caprising posted this on 17th Oct 08 on http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12402 :-

The Melbourne "Age" newspaper had an interesting front page today. First the headline "Rudd (our prime minister) war on bankers' salary deals", and in smaller print "extreme capitalism blamed for crisis". In short, kevin is going to target overpaid bank executives as part of a broader plan to tackle "extreme capitalism" Mr Rudd is going to rewrite the rules of banking and finance to avoid the excesses that have been blamed for the current crisis" Pluto has only taken a short transit into cap a few months ago, (and then retro'd back into sagg, so things are already happening on the capitalist front, I can't wait to see what the next 17 years brings, It's an exciting time to be alive folks

And, Gordon Brown (UK Prime Minister) adopted the same approach later that year.

..I tend to think existing power factions will attempt to enlist prol support for certain reform, as long as they get the power they want.

David Cameron, Leader of the UK Conservative/opposition party, was born in London on 9th October 1966.......Uranus conjunct Pluto sextile Neptune (flagged by you earlier)....with Uranus conjoining Neptune in Capricorn in 1993 (exactly trine Cameron's Pluto).....The Cromwell of the Uranus/Neptune reformers?.......With a "who runs the country" conflict between his Parliament and the Banking Industry......(A major power play by any standards).

Nexus said:
....possibility of dissent sown amongst people (Moon) through deception (Neptune): being lied to.....

Yes....but the banks are the deceivers and....currently.....the unseen hand that actually runs the UK........Therein lies the seeds of a "civil war" about who should control the Country.

EJ:eek:

Last edited:

Nexus7

Maybe all this winning and losing of money and control is the fall out of an unseen power battle.

An unseen power battle between whom? Could it be the multinationals?

As said, I am not really in touch with what is happening in the UK now, there are crises enough where I am to be concerned about.

Is there really a more militant move brewing there? I have heard of David Cameron, and what I have heard so far of him, I don't like. But then there was not much to like about 'New' Labour.

Does he have a Saturn/Pluto link in his chart, this Cameron?

flea

I notice with this post EJ that I reach 777 posts just as you have 1111....
whatever I am sure it means something to the numerologists among us!!

Yes nexus pluto/uranus opp saturn, not sure the orb for Cameron. I also have mars trine pluto/uranus, just a bit earlier.

The infighting may just be like the earls and ducal families of old..... been watching the political intrigue of drama in henry 8th time, curtesy of a rather dramatic licensed series....much fun but also think how it can be seen as parody of stuff that happens today. We dont need to know who the infighting is between the names would mean nothing....No doubt it is the 10% that hold 25-30% of the wealth, and maybe more.

I keep seeing patterns between people's charts at the moment like it is some big cosmic ....dance....well it is isn't it.

Anyway.... I watch with interest cos I seem to be so hooked up with the energy via my chart.... and I wonder why and how it will express in my life.

FleaXXX

EJ53

Banned
666=anti-christ......777=true messiah.......1111=lucifer......:eek:....Time for me to post again!

Cameron's SaturnRx is at 25 degrees Pisces, applying to the opposition with Pluto at 19 degrees Virgo.....with Chiron at 22 degrees Pisces and the Vertex (fated events) at 19 degrees of Cancer (conjunct UK Moon). So, he looks like one to watch.......(Edit...his neptune is also conjunct neptune/trine moon of UK...and conjunct pluto in the charts of the 1993 uranus/neptune conjunction generation)

If there is a confrontation, I think it will be the Banks/Insurance Companies and their allies (those paid for providing services to them) vs. the Lawmakers........with the objective being to reduce the power of the banks.

But for now, we can only wait to see what develops.

Last edited:

Nexus7

Cameron has got his vertex conjunct the UK Moon? And he is circa 1965 vintage? My gut feeling was, he had Saturn/Pluto stamped all over him. But With Uranus stoking the fire...doesn't sound too cosy to me.

Uh-Oh.

Well, nice to get a sense of where the wind may be blowing.

Cromwell's family had also been highly placed with both Henry8 and Eliz1, so the family were already part of a power elite. Though reforms took place, was this just a consequence of infighting in the power factions at the time. Rather than for egalitarian reasons

I did read Cromwell felt that he was carrying out God's will. As a matter of interest, was he ever recorded for any view on how he thought the Ideal Sate should be run, or was he just content to be a God's Englishman?

katydid

My daughter, born in 92, has that Uranus/Neptune conjunction within a degree, and in an exact trine with Mercury/Venus in Taurus.

Like a few of you said, she is pretty psychic at times. She is also very creative, without really trying. She was 'born' with certain abilities that set her apart.

As for her generation, she said something really sad about that. During the superbowl she had a few friends over. We saw that commercial that had all the different 'generations' dancing to the music, the flappers, the hippies, the glam rockers, etc. My daughter said ' It is sooooooo sad that our generation has nothing like that. And her friends all nodded in agreement. I
was asking what they meant---surely there was something that represented them. NO way, they all said. our generation stands for tearing down everything that came before it--for criticizing everything to death. We have NOTHING to show for it.

I don't know if she is right, but that is how her Uranus conjunct Neptune in Cap describes it.

R4VEN

katydid said:
My daughter, born in 92, has that Uranus/Neptune conjunction within a degree, and in an exact trine with Mercury/Venus in Taurus.

Like a few of you said, she is pretty psychic at times. She is also very creative, without really trying. She was 'born' with certain abilities that set her apart.

As for her generation, she said something really sad about that. During the superbowl she had a few friends over. We saw that commercial that had all the different 'generations' dancing to the music, the flappers, the hippies, the glam rockers, etc. My daughter said ' It is sooooooo sad that our generation has nothing like that. And her friends all nodded in agreement. I
was asking what they meant---surely there was something that represented them. NO way, they all said. our generation stands for tearing down everything that came before it--for criticizing everything to death. We have NOTHING to show for it.

I don't know if she is right, but that is how her Uranus conjunct Neptune in Cap describes it.
That is sad about her generation not having a `signature' - but also quite true so far. I've noticed that the music being played on the rock stations by modern singers/bands is all a rehash of music which has gone before, and is nothing short of bland.

There seem to be no Kurt Cobains or Shane MacGowans or Johnny Rottens or Elvis's or even David Bowies to shock the parents and unify the kids against the `oldies'. That is indeed sad.

katydid

That is sad about her generation not having a `signature' - but also quite true so far. I've noticed that the music being played on the rock stations by modern singers/bands is all a rehash of music which has gone before, and is nothing short of bland.

There seem to be no Kurt Cobains or Shane MacGowans or Johnny Rottens or Elvis's or even David Bowies to shock the parents and unify the kids against the `oldies'. That is indeed sad.
__________________-------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly right. And once a band from this generation has a 'hit' and becomes popular, they are turned against as being sell outs usually.

The record business is not at all like it used to be. Kids these days do NOT buy cds. They either go to itunes or they illegally download for free. So they do not share , like we all used to, the fun of buying a new album and sitting and listening to it.
So this conjunction of Uranus to Neptune represents the new way that music is shared==by Uranus. Over the internet and on ipods and on Myspace Music sites.

But it makes it hard to focus on one representative band or sound because it is so widespread and there are so many choices worldwide.

flea

David Cameron does not have his lights connected to the outer planet and saturn pattern, so I wonder how closely he will be involved. The Chiron Saturn conjunction is a difficult one, and he's going through uranus opp at moment so will be an interesting journey in the spotlight this year.

FleaXX
whew, numbers over!

EJ53

Banned
Nexus7 said:
...I did read Cromwell felt that he was carrying out God's will. As a matter of interest, was he ever recorded for any view on how he thought the Ideal Sate should be run, or was he just content to be a God's Englishman?

Cromwell was an Independant Protestant.....These Independants (Separatists) believed each congregational church should govern it's own affairs rather than adhere to edicts from a central church......Arguing that the Christianity and Religion/The Church were separate concepts, respectively created by God and Man for different purposes.

From there he appears to have moved to the view that each individual should govern their own affairs (through conscience, which linked them to God)..... And, in designating himself The Lord Protector of England, he'd concluded that his conscience was unerringly linked to God......So, since both were also Englishman, he felt it was ok to "play by ear" after that.....But his subsequent unpopularity indicates he'd have been better off with "a cunning plan".

Katydid said:
....our generation stands for tearing down everything that came before it--for criticizing everything to death. We have NOTHING to show for it.

What they have to show for it is a readiness to criticise/tear down the Establishment.........which may or may not prove to be needed at some time in the future.

R4VEN said:
...sad not having a `signature'.....(and their) music....is nothing short of bland.

But, that maintains a "blank canvas" for a future catalyst to unite/stir them when the time is right.

Flea said:
David Cameron does not have his lights connected to the outer planet and saturn pattern, so I wonder how closely he will be involved.

But his Sun trines the UK Venus and conjoins the 1993 Mercury......He's able to "win uk hearts the minds of the 1993 reformers".

He's currently undergoing a lot of important transits from Jupier/Satrun/Uranus, which may change the outlook of him/his generation.

Nexus7

Have I noticed. I see a few emos about, who are goths basically, but distancing themselves from their grannies with a new name obviously, but yes: there is Nothing New.

A lot of music artists, both old and new, have set up shop on MySpace, there are certainly discoveries to be downloaded and made there.

Not so much as 'video killed the radio star,' but the Ipod, then....

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Sadly, I have just heard on the BBC News (13.30pm GMT on 25th Feb 2009 in UK) that David Cameron's six year old son has died to-day......He was an epileptic with cerebral palsy and suffered a fatal fit.

EJ:(

Last edited: