Why is the cat acting so strange???

anjelik

Our cat has not been "home" since Monday evening. By home I mean, inside our house. I have seen him every day, but he acts skittish and runs off. I am beginning to become concerned that he is ill or something has happened to him. Last night I called him and he suddenly appeared, only to run off again. I walked outside and two people were walking down the road so I asked them if they saw a ginger cat and they said they saw him around the corner. I saw him and approached him slowly and then he ran off into a bush over a stone wall in the neighbour's property. I just saw him this morning and my husband put food out for him and he called him, he came over for food and my husband began to pet him - he looked agitated and then ran off without eating. What is going on with this cat??

I see he is in the 7th house - so he is clearly at the neighbour's property and there are two other planets with him. There are two female cats he fights with often, so I am wondering if something happened with them? I am so confused and kind of upset that he is ill or going to die (he is pretty old and his brother from the same litter died in April last year).

Attachments

• astro_2gw_505_why_is_the_cat_acting_weird.25149.57519.jpg
    astro_2gw_505_why_is_the_cat_acting_weird.25149.57519.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 41

Tessie

Banned
I don't know how to read this horary but, just to say, I hope you will grab the cat next time and take him to the vet. x

Tessie

Banned
The cat, Mercury, is peregrine. The cat's L6 is peregrine and in detriment, and in cat's H4. The cat's H6 has a peregrine, Rx, malefic. I'd say the cat is sick and, with peregrine Mercury, needs to see a vet quickly.

anjelik

The cat, Mercury, is peregrine. The cat's L6 is peregrine and in detriment, and in cat's H4. The cat's H6 has a peregrine, Rx, malefic. I'd say the cat is sick and, with peregrine Mercury, needs to see a vet quickly.

I think he is sick too and my husband says I'm overreacting and I am frightening the cat. That doesn't make any sense since he literally tries to come in the house every second and now he keeps running away from us. I tried to grab him but he's really fast. I am going to try and get him this afternoon and then take him to the vet. He is old - probably about 14 or so.

Tessie

Banned
I am always suspicious when an animal does not want to eat and is otherwise behaving out of character, it is usually an indication that something is wrong. You've got your work cut out, today. Get your catsuit on. ;)

anjelik

Well, I've met the entire neighbourhood now. I live in a village so there are lots of older people, and they all know who my cat is and said he is lovely and the other two mean cats beat up on him. The couple next door to me who I have known for a while now seem to think he is in hiding because he is in a turf war with the other two. Someone else saw him run into some thorny bushes and he was growling and I couldn't get him to come out an now he is gone. I was told that he definitely is not short of food and water because he eats out of my neighbour's garden, so at least he is being fed. I just wonder why he won't come home!!

Tessie

Banned
Super news that's he's eating. I wonder why he seems agitated by the two of you. Maybe he's overheard talk of a new baby. Alternatively, going by your update, perhaps the Rx malefic in his H6 represents the return of a small neighbourhood bully. Mercury is vulnerable so I'd aim to take him to the vet for advice. Hopefully, Tik and others will chime in for precise insight. He's in my prayers.

anjelik

Thanks both. My husband is in denial of the severity of it. I am sad that he is hiding because it does mean something is off. He is always looking for pets and to cuddle. I have to kick him out of the house most of the time, so this is just odd. Mehhh I hope he isn't going off to die somewhere. I heard they do that.

Kitchy

Banned
maybe not so kidding, Tik.

when i was in college co-op, someone dosed a kitty and it was a mess - it was a sweet little 1 year old who found food and home amid a bunch of college students, but some @sshole decided it would be fun to watch the cat trip and the cat that we had all come to love and pet was soon a crazed beast paranoid and violent. a few of us scrounged up the dough and took it to the vet and the vet did blood tests and said it had LSD in it's system and that it's organs were functioning near death.

the problem with cats and dogs that are reared to be social are the @ssholes in the world who think it's fun to lure them into bad situations.

have you been reading about all those pets in So Cal who are showing up in animal shelters and vet clinics that are drug addicted or poisoned?

might not be a bad idea to rule that out, Anjelik.

If you can, nab him up and take him to a vet. I'll help with a few sheckles if it's a hardship on you - pm me. Get him checked out.

If it's old age - or illness - know that this is what cat's do - they start acting like ghosts - here and there and disappear because they don't want to be vulnerable to others.

Leopards don't usually change their spots otherwise, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

anjelik

He is back. My neighbor called me to tell me he was in his garden and so I scooped him up and too him home. He slept for 12 hours inside after that and now is his normal self just hanging out in our garden. I wonder what happened and why he was acting so strange!!