synastry-moon conjunct saturn

WeAre

I'm looking for thoughts/experiences/wisdom regarding this conjunction--
moon and saturn .
I've heard all sorts of interpretations-from horribly negative to very positive.
since it applies to my relationship ...
guess I'm looking for more .
I understand that my saturn may apply pressure to his emotions... perhaps seems to constrict his emotional outlet .
I can also agree that my saturn can greatly assist the maturation of his emotions ... making him more open to a 'seriousness' of our relationship .

I'll post our charts . I'd love specific feedback.
But... in general ... what is up with that moon/saturn conjunction in relationships ?!

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 49
  • mcchart.gif
    mcchart.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 51
It would be helpful if you posted the synastry bi wheel pref with aspect grid

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

Have you tried a free composite chart with explanations being 'interactive'
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though..
enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

nyxisyourfix

Hey there. My saturn is conjunct my partners moon on the same degree. We have a great sense of permanence in our relationship and I feel safe because he seems very comitted to me and has shown a lot of self-control to appeal to my preferences (stopped smoking) and I am very satisfied. The only thing is that I am a capricorn sun and he is a cancer sun so those are our suns' ruling planets.

blueskye

Linda Goodman says this aspect can sometimes feel more "like double handcuffs than the golden tie that binds". She says this aspect also glues people together because you would feel so much lonelier without the other. The saturn person is in charge of the karmic lesson here. They may put some sort of limitation on the moon person, making them feel depressed. The Saturn person can't help it, they are simply more emotionally mature. There is also a warning about relatives interfering in the relationship. The cure, according to Linda G., is to sometimes remind each other to lighten up. All of this is according to Linda Goodman.

rahu

Banned
hi

i looked at the composite for the relationship and it also is characterized by saturn presence.

there is a venus/eros conjunction square to lilth ,with shows that he brings out a possessiveness,which is out of charatcte for you.this also shows that the love you feel produces great security and seems to ground you.

with the moon/juno midpoint square to saturn ,you are sure you want to get marriaged as ceres is conjunct to mars and the sun,bring out feelings of caring and devotion.

but the sun/mars conjunction is opposed to pluto and square to the moon.
this is a cold and hard emotional aspect.it shows that his emotiona are selfish and domineering . but with your venus insecurities assuaged,you likely want him to be the ruler of the relatiopnship.

just no "We" here.

rahu

Ariesish

Would there be a similar effect if one person's Saturn is in the same sign as the other's moon without a conjunction? What if it goes both ways like a double whammy?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you so much for writing these specs for people to consider when posting synastry charts for others to read. I would like to make one comment below.

It would be helpful if you posted the synastry bi wheel pref with aspect grid.

<...>
If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

I do believe you can save the astro.com synastry grid PDF files to your computer. I've included a test example here by attachment.

It is pretty straight forward on my iMac. I use the Save As command in Adobe Reader, chose PDf and then save it to my desktop. Once on your computer, you can upload the PDF file like any other attachment.

And again, thanks astrologer 50. I am so glad you brought this up, since including synastry aspects, either by uploading this table or generating a chart that shows degrees of the planet would induce me to look more deeply at lots more charts.

Last edited:

Veronica

Any experiences with Saturn conjunct the Ascendant or Conjunct someones nodes in synastry? I've read mixed reviews some people feel Saturn stabilizes the relationship or people express of it as a stiffing and very restrictive. Any thoughts or experiences?

Bina

This is from cafeastrology:

Saturn conjunct the Nodes can be a separative aspect. I am not as yet certain of exactly why this is the case, but I have seen it time and time again where Saturn conjunct the North or South Node in a composite chart or in synastry is present in romantic relationships that don't get off the ground properly.

In my own experience a tricky aspect, because it can keep causing restrictions, separations and frustrations.. sometimes these can come from within the relationship and at other times they are due to outside circumstances.

Last edited: