Arabic part of divorce

Tinysteps

Hey,

I'm interested to know if you would use this part (Asc + Venus - H7) in horary as a general indicator or breakups and separations, or strictly relating to legally contracted marriage?

Thanks

Harold

I not sure that "divorce" is something would occur in any traditional lexicon of Parts or Lots. I am pretty sure this is not one of Al Biruni's Lots...

What house system for H7?

SagSunScorpioMoon

I rarely use it - it just complicates things. On the rare occasions that I do use it, the formula I use is ASC + DESC - Mars (from John Frawly's book).

dr. farr

Hey,

I'm interested to know if you would use this part (Asc + Venus - H7) in horary as a general indicator or breakups and separations, or strictly relating to legally contracted marriage?

Thanks

I have used it on several occasions (with what I consider to be pretty accurate results)-I have used it for break-ups (in romantic/love relationships) as well as for legally contracted ("official") marriages...

(Note: the cusp of the 7th house-or in the case of whole sign, the sensitive degree or the 7th house, ie the descendant, is used in the formula)

Tinysteps

Thanks Dr. Farr, as always :)

Sag: Why do you feel it would complicate things more than any other lot? Or perhaps you don't use lots much in horary overall?

SagSunScorpioMoon

This is quite correct in horary; however, sometimes the use of a specific Lot will give a clearer indication.
Hey Dr! Yes, I notice you use the Lots a lot when delineating charts and you've consistently used them.
I find that a lot of people look at lots and fixed stars and asteriods when the answer is already clearly in front of them and they don't like it, so they try to find other testimonies in the chart that might give them a different answer.
Having said that, I often calculate the lot of marriage, I believe often the condition of the planet that rules the lot of marriage tells you a lot about the quality of the relationship.

Sorry I've just realised I've not answered real question posed by the OP. To answer the question, I take the Part of Divorce to indicate breakups/separations, whether or not the couple is married by law.

Last edited: