"The stars incline..." - forget love, work hard?

byjove

Account Closed
Hi everyone!

OK I'd be appreciative of some guidance here, and I promise to keep it short and simple.

The more I've learned about astrology over the years the more I've come to suspect an increasing amount of my placings and aspects militate against me in my love life. I've many independent placings, Aries planets, 10th + 11th placings etc. I also have Venus square Saturn, Venus opposite Moon, Moon square Saturn etc. And what is the overall picture for my work life? Does there really have to be a trade off? I've always been afraid of being materially
successful but without a life partner.

For any of you who have seen these placings before or are good at bringing together the pieces of the chart, what do you see? I'm only starting to learn to bring ALL the pieces of a chart together, and I've always had difficulty interpreting my own. Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Jove,

Your focus/path in this life certainly seems to be career, with North Node in the tenth, which automatically puts the South Node (indicative of past life) in the fourth (home and family).

The above is further underlined by the placement of the Sun in the tenth, which literally means this is where you can 'shine' and what will be the centre of your world, so to speak. Jupiter in the tenth further shows not only that you will have good fortune supporting you, but also that you can grow and expand in this area of life.

Saturn ruling your seventh house of relationships and life-partner would indicate a desire for certain stability, but one which comes with some delay in this area of life. Saturn here also could be reflective of your fear of having to do without one, but this does not have to be the case. Saturn's placement in the fifth shows that you are not a person, who takes flirts lightly, but wants something more durable to develop out of them. Its square (challenge) to Venus (natural ruler of relationships) shows a certain heaviness and an element of fear and caution attached to your relationships. The lesson to learn here (esp as Saturn is also representative of our karma) would be to bring in a certain lightheartedness, ease and trust in your relationships

:)aquarius7000

PS: Suggest you remove that signature link leading to your chart, as anyone can tamper with your data and account at astro.com. Try this method instead.

EJ53

Banned
ByJove, I think I've got it :-

You have the relationships sign axis (Aries/Libra) intercepted in 10th/4th houses........and Virgo/Pisces duplicated respectively on the cusps of 3rd/4th and 9th/10th houses.

So, something about your outlook/attitude to 3rd and 9th house activities will adversely affect 4th/10th house affairs......and, until this is resolved, you will be unable to realise the positive benefits of Aries/Libra and any planets or points within them (Sun/Jupiter/NN). So, correcting this inappropriate attitude in 3rd/9th is the key to achieving a happy and balanced relationship.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what the inappropriate attitude is......But, I can give you some clues on how you can identify it yourself :-

1. It will be something you have been raised to believe is right/appropriate.

2. The meaning of moon in Virgo will be a factor (emotionally aloof?)

3. The meanings of mercury and venus in Pisces will be factors (unable to accept others for what they are and attracted to "victims"?)

4. Your Virgo/Pisces idea of how to serve/help others is probably distorted. (I have these signs duplicated and had to learn that, in order to stay strong/healthy enough to help others, my own needs had to take priority.)

5. Venus square chiron in Gemini/11th will be another factor (difficulty in communicating in social groups/situations).

And, how is this inappropriate attitude adversely affectiing 4th/10th house affairs?.........Well, that's where Aries/Libra are intercepted.

My guess is that you are putting out the wrong messages to potential partners..........they think you want to be a friend rather than a lover...and that's what you will be until you change the signal/attitude.

EJ:)

Last edited:

natasa812

Dear Byjove,
I am also new in Astrology, but our natal have some similarities. I also have My Sun, Mercury and Jupiter in my 10o, all in conj. with MC. As you can see, also emphasis on career house. I was married to a partner who ``gave me space`` for my career goals and showd undrestanding. But, since I have worst Venus aspect than you (mine squares Uranus) - which is a classical sign of divorce - I got divorced. But, not only. This aspect shows ``sudden`` changes. With your Saturn, if you have stability in your life, you are just fine. A ``sudden`` change I wrote above means practicaly that people who tried to meet me (after the divorce) and have started a ``not yet relationship`` (I mean the first phone calls, dates and so on), JUST DISAPPEAR without even a word or explanation. Since I have my Venus trine Moon and AC in Pisces (I AM sensitive), you can only imagine the result that this behaivour had on my health. I don`t even want to talk about it.
About your partner, since he is represented by Saturn (if this will be your 1th marriage), he will probably be older and selfconfident and maybe a foreigner (he is in Sag.) - if I am interpreting this corectly.

Now, about the ``trade off``... This is something I had to learn in bussiness. It is aaalways a trade of and your Cancer AC is not helping I see. Except if you mean that you have to ``trade`` time on workplace with ``balanced`` family life. But, we all do and you are not alone in this.
You have Jupiter - the great benefic in your 10th - don`t know your curent position and my knowledge is restrected to say anything further.
Wish you the very very best, to find the ``balance`` and to be happy.
Natas

byjove

Account Closed
Thanks everyone! You all gave very different answers and it was quite helpful!

natasa812
"You have Jupiter - the great benefic in your 10th - don`t know your curent position and my knowledge is restrected to say anything further."

I'm currently studying, I've always been very ambitious so I can't wait to just take control of my career. It can be a pain waiting for it all to open up. I notice that some societies eg. British and American are open to young people with talent and energy, but others eg. Japan and Italian prefer young people to 'sit and listen' so to speak. Either way, I'm a comin'!

aquarius7000
The above is further underlined by the placement of the Sun in the tenth, which literally means this is where you can 'shine' and what will be the centre of your world, so to speak. Jupiter in the tenth further shows not only that you will have good fortune supporting you, but also that you can grow and expand in this area of life."

Yes, I feel every aspect of those three placings in the 10th. I actually love 'making things harder for myself' sometimes, because I KNOW it builds character...everything feels like a build up to what comes later. It feels like all of my youth is just preparation. You also mentioned Saturn in my 5th. Being at the end of the 5th, should I also consider him in the 6th?

Again, thanks everyone. I needed some experienced astrologers to tell me these things, I always absorb this kind of stuff better when it's told to me.

aquarius7000

You also mentioned Saturn in my 5th. Being at the end of the 5th, should I also consider him in the 6th?
Jove,

I don't have your chart in front of me anymore, but I gave the explanation of at least one of the possibilities of how Sat in the fifth could manifest. If you can identify with that explanation or with the fact that you are not much into (creative) pleasures or risky sports (5th), or Saturn in the fifth can also mean having kids later in life, or a difficult pregnancy (if a woman), you can count Sat in the 5th. All/Any of this could vary somewhat, if you have other planets (didn't you have Ura there, too) in the 5th, too, as well as the sign modifying Sat, which is why the chart is very important.

Often we count the planet in the house it is in until it has crossed the boundry. That said, there are 2 things we must keep in mind: a) this is energy we are talking about, and, as much as we like the mathematical demarcations of cusps for the sake of understanding astrological houses, energy does not get 'cut off' simply because the cusp says here is where the 29th degree of this house ends and the 0 degree of the next house/sign starts; b) continuing from pt.a), I therefore recommend to undestand the meaning of such 'sitting on the fence' planets thoroughly well and then see which house you feel their influence in most, ie where they are actually located or where they seem to be going to (next house) or coming from (previous house).

Hey, btw, you said:
I needed some experienced astrologers to tell me these things, I always absorb this kind of stuff better when it's told to me.
..so, you do like it and do it the (young) Italian way.:D

:)AQ7

byjove

Account Closed
LOL I think you pay me better attention than most of my dates lol.

I'm guessing my Saturn has more influence in the 6th along with Uranus. Phew...

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
How do I plan proactively to try and maintain the work/love balance? I've been very very focussed since about 16 on career. And I always plan a few stages ahead. I'm now 23 and still haven't changed a bit. So how do I resolve the tricky aspects in my chart re: love?

- Ruler of the 7th is infamous Saturn and retrograde
- Ruler of the 7th is also conjunct Uranus (personal freedom in marriage?)
- Venus exalted in 9th of Pisces, but opposing Moon and square Saturn
- Moon opposite Venus creating problems in relationships.

It just struck me today, what I've forgotten but frequently found true: I learn so many things in life pretty well, and I look ahead. But not in love: I keep making the same mistakes in love, and as in Murphy's Law: anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. I think in love as well, I fear a lot. And a lack of information or communication breakdown means I'll imagine the worst. And I can take harsh steps to sever relations under misguided ideas.

So, positively, I am very attracted to foreign and older men, yes. I am keen to learn these lessons now, and act while young, not leave it late.

Any advice? :biggrin:

Last edited: