Coincidence or obvious?

nictory

So I'm fresh to natal charts, but I noticed that:

My Ascendant sign, Libra, is the same as my Mother's Sun sign.
Not only that, but the chart ruler is Venus in Taurus, Taurus being the sign of my mother's mother.

I assume this is just a coincidence, but I wonder if there's any significance..?

ZIRMLud.png

Last edited:

ElenaJ

This is actually quite a common link.
If you consider what is happening when a woman gives birth, transiting planets are contacting her natal chart in a particular way, leading to the moment when she goes through this possibly traumatic but always life-changing event.
Those transiting planets are none other than the natal chart of the baby.
So, your mother gave birth when her sun was on the ascendent.
Which means your ascendent is conjunct her sun.
It's actually quite logical, not surprising. I also have the same configuration.
And this link also forms a basis for the astrological tie between mother and daughter.
An easy birth (positive and easy transiting aspects) would normally form an easy synastry between mother and daughter, while a difficult birth forebodes a difficult relationship.
Something similar occurs with the father's chart. Obviously when a man becomes a father this is a major life event. There are often links between the ascendent/moon/sun and the mars between father and child.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

I wonder if there's any significance..?

The next step is to note the same planets in (usually different) aspect to each other: A sort of continuing story of a theme within the family patriarchal/
matriarchal lines.

Liz Greene's 'Astrology of Fate' makes interesting reading.

JUPITERASC

So I'm fresh to natal charts, but I noticed that:

My Ascendant sign, Libra, is the same as my Mother's Sun sign.
Not only that, but the chart ruler is Venus in Taurus, Taurus being the sign of my mother's mother.

I assume this is just a coincidence, but I wonder if there's any significance..?
definitely not coincidence :smile:
previous discussion with multiple example charts
thread title is

Anyone whose Sun, Moon or ASC Sign responds to parents Sun, Moon, ASC/any planet?
at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56093