Does anyone not completely identify with their Venus sign, if at all?

BaoSanniang

I guess the question should be: How much of an impact do houses, aspects, your sun sign, and the condition of the ruler of your descendant have in strengthening / overriding or offsetting the "original" traits of your Venus sign?

For example, I have Venus in Gemini (1996) but I'm a Cancer sun. Venus in Gemini gets descriptions like "variety is the spice of life", "playing the field", "unwilling to commit" etc. and I was a bit like that (though more due to emotional / personal reasons / age-related reasons) in the past, but when I'm really committed to someone I am loyal and faithful and I show my love by rendering my service to them (Venus in VI, house of Virgo) and caring / nurturing them (Sun / Mercury in Cancer). I feel weight when I'm really committed to someone in love, like it's a great responsibility. I find it hard to take love in a light-hearted way which makes me afraid and cautious because I want it to last for life (Venus Sextile Saturn, ruler of ASC is Jupiter-Jupiter-Saturn and Mercury-Saturn and Sun-Saturn).

Do you believe that these factors above essentially make my Venus a Venus in Cancer / Capricorn / Virgo? Now take another person as an example. He has Venus in a sign like Cancer, Taurus, or Capricorn, but it's in aspect to Uranus and Neptune without any Saturn. His 1st and 7th house rulers, especially his 7th house ruler, lacks any aspects to Saturn but instead forms aspects with the 3 outer planets.

Let's say someone has Venus in Taurus and his 7th house is Cancer. However, he has Venus Conjunct Uranus without any Saturn aspects) and he also has Moon Conjunct Uranus and Neptune without any aspects to Saturn. Do you think this person's Venus could be more flighty and more Aquarian / Piscean? He's also an Aries or a Gemini sun sign.

Which combination do you think could be more flighty?

1. Someone with Venus in a more flighty sign, and 7th house in a sign like Pisces / Gemini / Sagittarius / Aquarius, but either their Venus is in aspect to Saturn, their 7th house lord is in aspect to Saturn, or both.

2. Someone with Venus in a sign that's traditionally regarded to be more steadfast such as Taurus / Cancer / Capricorn, but their Venus or their 7th house ruler, or both, are aspected by Uranus / Neptune / Pluto (whether positive or negative).

Last edited:

ElenaJ

You have the right idea, I think, in that it isn't just the sign that matters but the aspects and then the houses show where it manifests. This holds for all the planets, not just Venus. And obviously the one-sentence descriptions need to be integrated with the whole chart. Your Saturn sextile is obviously anchoring your Venus.
As you say, a Capricorn Venus with Saturn or the same Venus with Uranus are two different manifestations.
In love matters, however, the moon also plays an important part, since the emotions are involved first hand in matters of affection.

BaoSanniang

I think a notable example of a scenario where aspects to outer planets override qualities of the Venus sign was Princess Diana. She had Venus in Taurus but it's square her Uranus, I believe. Look at how quickly she married Prince Charles after meeting him, and even then she was still seeking exciting affairs with other men. Her devotion towards her children was definitely a very Cancer thing, but her Venus Square Uranus (even though she also had Venus Trine Saturn) made her quite unconventional. She was known for having a very universal kind of love, a fact augmented by her Neptune in House X. She was very charitable and humanitarian and she had friendships with prominent homosexual men like John Elton.

Her Venus was in Taurus but her love life and many of her social values spelled Aquarius.

My Sun and Mercury are square Saturn and I can definitely feel like a Capricorn at times. I feel heavy, even pessimistic, I am generally a more conservative minded person.

I don't actually identify that much with Moon in Aquarius. More when I was younger, but then to be honest with myself I'm a pseudo-intellectual at best and I do care more about what's tangible.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Bao, I don't know what gender you are. The short answer is that: If you are male, the Venus is what you project onto a female. That, along with secondary factors (moon, aspects, etc.) are the type of woman you are drawn to. Your Mars sign is the primary of how you actually act in love.

I am probably a good person to comment on Venus as I have a really loaded one and a flighty one (Gemini). There are a couple of factors that significantly changes things. I am not going to go into too much detail here, and will let folks figure things out for themselves.

1. Time and maturity of the individual. At different periods of your life, different manifestations (behaviors) will play out due to development of the individual and time patterns.
2. Certain planets and their influence / aspects far outweighs others in significance.
3. Is Venus in positive aspect or in conflict with your life mission? If in conflict, Venusian impulses may be sacrificed for the presumed greater mission. Not everyone is meant to have a marriage, family or be partnered up.
4. House placement. This is the obvious one. I've looked into a chart of a pickup artist with no success in his home country, but extremely successful in others. Why? His Venus was in the 9th positive Jupiter.
5. Transits and progressions are obvious activations.
6. Ruler of Venus and its overall condition. In the sign of Gemini, the ruler would be Mercury and its condition. In my life its an obvious indicator of what type of circumstances would make me want to partner up, versus going sayonara or not wasting time.

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

I'm a 22-year old male born on July 3rd, 1996. I have little relationship experience though I've had a few crushes during my teenage years. The last time I was in a relationship was at the age of 18-19.

My Venus in Gemini (Cancer sun) is in House VI, Conjunct Mars in VI and also in Gemini, Sextile Saturn (Venus-11.48 degrees Saturn-7.12 degrees), Trine Moon (13.55 degrees Aquarius). Finally, my Venus opposes my ASC at 18.03 degrees Sagittarius which means it's Conjunct my DSC.

Ruler of Venus and 7th house (18.03 degrees Gemini) is Mercury (Cancer 2.18 degrees) in VII, conjunct Sun in Cancer (11.45 degrees) in VII and square Saturn (Aries 7.12 degrees).

My North Node is at 12.40 degrees Libra (X), which means it's Trine my Venus. That means my South Node is at 12.40 degrees Aries and it's Sextile my Venus. NN would also be Trine my Moon and Mars, but it's squared to my Sun (Cancer, VII) and Jupiter (12.54 Capricorn, I).

My Venus is also Sextile my Juno which is in House IV and at 12.33 degrees Aries.

5th House is in 0.40 degrees Taurus, ruler of 5th house would be Venus. My 5th house is intercepted as Taurus occupies both V and VI.

My 1st, 5th, and 7th house rulers all aspect Saturn.

Mars at 14.42 degrees Gemini is Trine my Moon and Opposite my ASC.

Juno Opposite North Node and Conjunct South Node.

Well I mean I have North Node in Libra in X, and both the qualities that Libra represents and the point being in House X I feel are a very significant mismatch for my Cancer sun. I believe I would be happiest just developing my Cancer qualities so yeah, I've already given up on the North Node. My wish is to be a family man, probably even a stay-at-home-dad.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Bao, I've been thinking about this for a while, but is it possible that you are consciously rejecting the Gemini energy within you?

You ask a lot of questions and comment on people's thread. Most of what you write, as far as I can tell, are about how uncomfortable you are with your Gemini Venus and how you aren't like other Air people. At one point you even talked about how you want your chart to change. I have a feeling you have a problem with air energy and you don't like that your relationship planet is ruled by an Air sign.

I get it, Asian culture generally disapproves of Gemini traits, and you feel guilty for forming superficial relationship with girls on the internet, but the truth is that your Venus is in Gemini, and you can't do anything about it. Rejecting your Venus doesn't make you a better person. In fact, it only worsens your guilt now that you condemn yourself for being a Gemini Venus. It doesn't help anyone.

That said, every sign and planet has two stages: evolved and unevolved. Unevolved Gemini is flirty, superficial and uncommitted. But evolved Gemini is witty, persuasive, open-minded and youthful. If you think of planets as constantly improving itself, you will stop denying a part of you and focus on improving yourself instead. Nothing is accomplished through denial, only hard work helps.