The Astrology of Death by R. Houck

JUPITERASC

We will see. We will handle it.:)
great :smile:
Maybe Traditional Astrology subforum would be ok as the Sidereal zodiac is truly traditional.

Tropical is from Hellenistic and widely used in medieval times.
obviously that is arguable

Fact is we have no Sidereal board
and seems we are not going to get one either
a moderators word is final
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=852207&postcount=45

petosiris

Banned
great :smile:

obviously that is arguable

Fact is we have no Sidereal board
and seems we are not going to get one either
a moderators word is final
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=852207&postcount=45

I have heard of quite a few siderealists, but I have never seen a Chinese astrologer. So that argument ''Tropical is the dominant system in Western astrology.'' is not a good one, unless the Chinese forum gets closed. As the moderators do not have a problem and allow sidereal comments on all forums (usually), I don't know, it's all the same to me.

Last edited:

Senecar

Not sure if there are any specific sidereal or tropical prediction techniques as such.

Would it not be the case once you cast charts either by sidereal or tropical, then you delineate by your own prediction methods, be it transition, solar return, tertiary return or solar arc or whatever.

Late Mr Houck seems using tertiary return as his main prediction method based on Hindu Vedic system. In the book, he also presents comparison between Vedic and western astrological methods, which is useful for students.

He advises that you could use any prediction methods best work for you. In his case, he chose sidereal zodiac and Vedic tertiary return technic, because they work best for him.

Last edited:

Senecar

Time is a social construct. I could have more knowledge on astrology than someone who may have been studying for 20 years, although not likely, but it is not time that lessens the likeliness of the previous statement. Time doesn't take in account learning retention. Time doesn't take in account individual learning style. Time is just something we use to secure ourselves when experience is truly more accurate of a measurement

Quite agree with you. Time is relative concept. Some even say time doesn't exist. It is just mental concept for intervals.

And my approach to learning is that I shall ask all the questions about the topic and try to validate the theories, before accepting them as truths or knowledge.

Some knowledge could take life time of learning, and some can be learnt within a few days provided right approach, methods and resources.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Not sure if there are any specific sidereal or tropical prediction techniques as such.

Would it not be the case once you cast charts either by sidereal or tropical, then you delineate by your own prediction methods, be it transition, solar return, tertiary return or solar arc or whatever.

Late Mr Houck seems using tertiary return as his main prediction method based on Hindu Vedic system. In the book, he also presents comparison between Vedic and western astrological methods, which is useful for students.

Well, there is a huge difference between sidereal and tropical on account of precession. Even some western tropicalists (Robert Hand) use precession corrected solar return for example. In my opinion, the method will always suffer consequences on account of empiricism.

Senecar

Well, there is a huge difference between sidereal and tropical on account of precession. Even some western tropicalists (Robert Hand) use precession corrected solar return for example. In my opinion, the method will always suffer consequences on account of empiricism.

In the book Mr Houck says that the precession difference will be handled by software if you are using one. If not, it can be adjusted by subtracting ayanamsha values, and he provides the table for the adjustment.