Which zodaic sign one should follow?

danish

I am sagitarius. but according to my birth chart, the asc is Leo. what horscope should I read? either sagitarius or Leo?

mossadrai

If by horoscope you mean the "newspaper horoscope", you should read the Sag one. But when reading your chart, both signs would be of significance.

Cap

Newspaper (or internet) horoscopes based on Sun sign (or Moon sign) are rubbish. It's a single most destructive campaign against astrology ever undertaken and coming from "astrologers" themselves it's a sort of suicide. Predicting the future of 500 million people with a single stroke of pen! :sick:

danish

Well said Cap! And Thanx Mossadrai.
But Cap, if I have a question and I make my chart, what zodaic sign should I keep as ascdndent. suppose, I keep sagitarius in my sun sign sagitarius then I come to know that my tenth house is virgo. So, if to know about my tenth house I will look into mercury, as where it trnsits. In the same way, if I keep my asc sign which is Leo then my tenth house becomes taurus. NOW, tell me should I go with venus or mercury? Please suggest me what sign should i keep in my first house?

miquar

Hi danish. Yes its true that your solar 10th house is the sign of Virgo, because if we count the Sun's sign (the first solar house) as Sagittarius, the 10th house becomes (or at least coincides with) the sign of Virgo. This is largely how Sun-sign astrology is put together.

But in your natal chart, the first house begins at the ascendant (or in the case of the Whole Sign house system, the first point of the ascending sign). So in your natal chart, you first house cusp is in Leo because you have the sign of Leo rising, and the Sun's position in your natal chart, and perhaps sometimes the Sun's transit position, is relevant to your first house - or, as we say, your first house is ruled by the Sun. And if your second house cusp is in Virgo, then this house is ruled by Mercury. If you want to look at the astrology of your life properly, then you need to stick with your natal chart and forget about the solar houses used in sun sign astrology - not because the solar houses are meaningless, but because their significance is negligible compared to the information provided by your unique natal chart.

Last edited: