Asc/mc

druex

Both are very public points in the chart but I was wondering what do people actually "see", if that makes sense Lol.

Ex - A lot of ppl thought Megan Fox was a Scorpio Rising but turns out she has a Scorpio MC(Capricorn ASC)!

Maybe from afar ppl see your MC but if they step up to you, they get your ASC?

Might be a silly question but very curious about this

katydid

Both are very public points in the chart but I was wondering what do people actually "see", if that makes sense Lol.

Ex - A lot of ppl thought Megan Fox was a Scorpio Rising but turns out she has a Scorpio MC(Capricorn ASC)!

I think with a celebrity, we often see the MC, as it is their 'public face.' We think we 'know' Meghan Fox, but we really only know her public persona. The Scorpio, sexy, super attractive persona of her MC was evident. But to this who know her well, she is a reserved, stable, down to earth home body, living with the same man for a decade already.

theV

The most important to me is the Ascendant. The Ascendant is your life energy that you project and people recognize you with. The planet ruling the 1st house is important.

craft94

Usually, I'd say the Asc is more important but I think it depends. I think the Asc is more present in your mannerisms but for some reason, I think the MC is often more noticeable over the Internet and social media because the Internet is like your public face and usually, we do a good job at choosing what we want and don't want to share.

I don't know. People often mistake me for an Aquarian. I think I probably come off as more Gemini because I talk a lot and im all over the place, but I think the mix of air, fixed and uranian energy probably makes my MC More obvious. I don't know. I feel like people think anyone who is quirky/different = Aquarian.

craft94

The most important to me is the Ascendant. The Ascendant is your life energy that you project and people recognize you with. The planet ruling the 1st house is important.

I've always wondered the signifance of the MC's ruler, especially when it comes to career. No one ever seems to talk about it. Uranus is in the 8th house conjunct Neptune and square my Sun/Mercury conjunction in the 5th. I feel like this is significant. Doesn't the 8th house have a lot to do with psychology? Could this indicate someone who wants to revolutionize the way we see mental health? Random question. Sorry.

graay ghost

I think the idea of people looking like their MC from "far away" makes some sense. People look different from a distance than if you actually talk to them. Traits that you don't normally think about might be very visible from a distance (certain accomplishments, mannerisms, more memorable parts of one's appearance), but do not actually intrude much on every-day behavior.

I guess the question is that some people massage their outward presentation and some people do not. It makes me wonder if the people who "try" make their reputation fit more their MC than people who do not.

I've heard that most people don't really present their MC unless they have "fame" or a "career" but I don't think that's true. The fact is that if you have social relationships you're going to be gossiped about (not using that negatively, just people talking about you without your permission or knowledge). And I think the part of people that is gossiped about is often the MC rather than the ASC.

noraleader

Banned
interesting..

perhaps the impression of mc over asc has more to do with our contemporary capitalist culture, where people project a "professional" eg. "competent"/"accredited"/"enfranchised" image over the internet and then also into their personal lives as we become habituated to acting in a superficial manner in all venues foremost.

:)

craft94

I think the idea of people looking like their MC from "far away" makes some sense. People look different from a distance than if you actually talk to them. Traits that you don't normally think about might be very visible from a distance (certain accomplishments, mannerisms, more memorable parts of one's appearance), but do not actually intrude much on every-day behavior.

I guess the question is that some people massage their outward presentation and some people do not. It makes me wonder if the people who "try" make their reputation fit more their MC than people who do not.

I've heard that most people don't really present their MC unless they have "fame" or a "career" but I don't think that's true. The fact is that if you have social relationships you're going to be gossiped about (not using that negatively, just people talking about you without your permission or knowledge). And I think the part of people that is gossiped about is often the MC rather than the ASC.

Yeah. I agree with this. I think MC has a lot to do with reputation. Even in high school, it's the persona people hear about rather than the person they actually talk to. My Sun, my Asc. and my MC are trine so I guess it can be hard to tell the difference, but my reputation seems to be more Uranian than anything else.

Last edited:

craft94

interesting..

perhaps the impression of mc over asc has more to do with our contemporary capitalist culture, where people project a "professional" eg. "competent"/"accredited"/"enfranchised" image over the internet and then also into their personal lives as we become habituated to acting in a superficial manner in all venues foremost.

:)
There might be some truth to this, but I don't know if the reputation you develop from your MC is necessarily conscious. I mean, what if your reputation is bad? What if your MC is badly aspected? My IC/MC axis is square Pluto by about 3 degrees and back when I had a blog, people would always attack me. All throughout my school years, I would elicit strong reactions from people.That might have something to do with my Mercury but I wouldn't discount the MC. And wasn't the MC highly valued in traditional astrology or am I mistaken? I don't really know much about traditional astrology. Aspects to the MC is also something I never hear about.

craft94

Shirley Manson is another celebrity who gives me more of a Scorpio vibe despite having hardly any in her chart. She's also got Capricorn rising/Scorpio Midheaven. I think she has Sun in the 8th house though. I kind of think the Midheaven is more apparent if you have other chart factors to support it.

Lady Gaga apparently has a Virgo rising but I would have guessed her as a Gemini. I think what I'm seeing is the Midheaven.

Last edited:

druex

I have a Leo MC plus a packed 10H, I shine bright at work, even when "off". Outside of work, total opposite, so shy and quiet(Scorpio rising)

sibylline

Good thread. I do wonder how I am seen re: MC. Aries MC with ruler Mars in the 10th...Fits with my career but I wonder if I am seen as a "martial" character otherwise.

Agreed. Celebs are a different story because we don't know them and their images can be highly manufactured.

People often mistake me for an Aquarian. I think I probably come off as more Gemini because I talk a lot and im all over the place, but I think the mix of air, fixed and uranian energy probably makes my MC More obvious. I don't know. I feel like people think anyone who is quirky/different = Aquarian.

I see you as Gemini ASC. Having the ruler Mercury conjunct your Sun probably adds to that but you definitely give off Mercurial energy of the Gemini variety.