I'm still confused... Am I a Cancer or Leo rising?

Raquel

Being myself a Libra Sun and Pisces moon, do you think I resemble more like a Cancer or a Leo rising?

This is very important to me.

Thank you :wink:

Attachments

• 20130116_160426.jpg
    20130116_160426.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 53

Raquel

Its not how you look, its when you were born. When were you born?

I heard that ascendant can tell allot about your physicall features. And some people who share the same ascendant share many similar traits.

I'm not sure about my exact time of birth, i just know that I can be a Cancer or Leo rising.

aglaya

I heard that ascendant can tell allot about your physicall features.

It can but it is not only the degree of the Ascendant that counts! You also need to take other factors into consideration- the sign in which the ruler of your Ascendant is placed to begin with. A planet conjunct your Asc ruler will instantly affect the manifestation of the ruler. Similarly, a planet positioned inside your first house will have the same thing as a result (more so if the planet is near the Ascendant) but, even in such a case, you'd have to combine the symbolism of the planet with the Sign it occupies.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

aglaya

Zarathu

Account Closed
I heard that ascendant can tell allot about your physicall features. And some people who share the same ascendant share many similar traits.

I'm not sure about my exact time of birth, i just know that I can be a Cancer or Leo rising.

It is possible to do a rectification of your approximate chart to determine what your time of birth is. You use significant dates in it such as major deaths of loved ones, births, marriages, other events that would have had a major impact. If enough of these can be provided, it is possible to determine the correct time. However, the farther the approximate time is from the actual time the harder it is to do.

For example we don't know the exact time of the creation of the USA. There are a large number of rectifications, and most are around July 4, 1776, at the signing of the declaration of Independence. But there is another one done by the late Richard Houck that puts it at the beginning of the Continental Congress in June, and in many ways it matches the events of the last 200+ years more accurately.

This is specialized work. Every astrologer should try their hand at it. I did it for my own chart, and for some others. Sometimes it shows up immediately. Other times it take hours and hours, and you still aren't really sure.

Its not an exact science but its more exact than using physical body characteristics.

Raquel

It is possible to do a rectification of your approximate chart to determine what your time of birth is. You use significant dates in it such as major deaths of loved ones, births, marriages, other events that would have had a major impact. If enough of these can be provided, it is possible to determine the correct time. However, the farther the approximate time is from the actual time the harder it is to do.

For example we don't know the exact time of the creation of the USA. There are a large number of rectifications, and most are around July 4, 1776, at the signing of the declaration of Independence. But there is another one done by the late Richard Houck that puts it at the beginning of the Continental Congress in June, and in many ways it matches the events of the last 200+ years more accurately.

This is specialized work. Every astrologer should try their hand at it. I did it for my own chart, and for some others. Sometimes it shows up immediately. Other times it take hours and hours, and you still aren't really sure.

Its not an exact science but its more exact than using physical body characteristics.

Do you know how to do it?

!4C

I had the same dilemma at one point. Being near a cusp, only a 5-10 minute error in recorded birth time can make a big difference.

The first thing I did was make relationship diagrams showing house rulership linkages. I used equal house system for both 29 cancer and zero leo. The 29 cancer diagram matched my life well, but the leo diagram I could not relate to.

Next I made observations of transits to the these houses rulers, especially the ascendant. In my case, it was easy because I have a few health issues that flareup occasionally. Most health issues are not just indicated by 6th/12th, but also accompanied by a transits to the ascendant ruler because the ascendant rules overall condition of physical body. I found that stressful transits to my natal 12th house moon are always accompanied with my health conditions. In fact, I currently have a nerve problem due to a herniated disc that didn't show symptoms until transiting uranus started exact squares my natal moon.

JUPITERASC

It is possible to do a rectification of your approximate chart to determine what your time of birth is....
....However, the farther the approximate time is from the actual time the harder it is to do.
Do you know how to do it?
Raquel there are Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/MC/IC/ANGLES at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626 :smile:

I just thought I'd add that I have a genuine interest in these tips, both for myself and for future practice of astrology - I'm not trying to be difficult! So I'm all eyes and ears here.
Thanks byjove, the ascendant is a perennially intriguing subject! Worth also mentioning that even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour

It's not unusual for children of the same race to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.

So within the race of white/whitish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others and likewise within the race of black/blackish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others

Physical appearance indications are worth checking out as well :smile: http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

Interesting research over four decades by astrologer Ron Bippus includes photo guide to typical appearance correlations

Focusing on height, weight, bone structure, eye colour gives overall good results

Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1 and 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

Sometimes the link to HOW TO RECTIFY/VERIFY YOUR ASCENDANT USING YOUR WEDDING DAY CHART does not connect so I shall post the info as well http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=364532#post364532
During a wedding, particularly at the time the vows are spoken,

(a) the Ascendant Ruler and the Ruler of Cusp Seven must connect to the Natal Horizon DESC/ASC axis because that is what a wedding is, astrologically!

(b) On the wedding day - Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars must also connect to the Natal Horizon DESC/ASC axis

Why?

Venus and Mars must connect in order to symbolise the 'Archetypal Lovers'

Sun and Moon must connect in order to symbolise the 'Domestic Couple' – now united and involved in 'house-keeping', child-bearing, child rearing

Some of the ways the ASC/DESC rulers may connect to the Natal Horizon
:

(1) Trine, sextile, square, opposition, conjunction

(2) Any ASC/DESC ruler conjunct the MC is considered to connect to the local horizon via the MC/IC AXIS

(3) I have noticed from my own personal observation, that the Midpoints of the transiting ASC/DESC rulers of the wedding date, frequently connect to the Natal Horizon.

A much older astrological friend (who has since died) told me they learned the technique to verify an ascendant while a student decades ago - they never asked for payment for the information: I continue to pass the method on freely to others so that anyone may test it for themselves.

If it does not work for you then check out another method – there are plenty!

skumar

Being myself a Libra Sun and Pisces moon, do you think I resemble more like a Cancer or a Leo rising?

This is very important to me.

Thank you :wink:
Dear Raquel, I tried my level best to set your birth time ..... my suggestion is you are Leo Ascendant with sun in Virgo 29:04, Moon Pisces 4:56 ..... check out this time. I wish you all the best.

Uranus 8

Hello, I can help you to rectify your birth time with astrolocalisation. Where did you live in switzerland ?
Your parents have moved from Portugal to Switzerland when you was young? did you lived in an another country before going to Switzerland ?

Marinka

I would suggest that you contact the town hall in the location where you were born and see if they can provide a birth certificate with the time on it.

edited to add ... just noticed that someone resurrected an old post.