Will my contract be extended

CaprLibraSquared

I am waiting, not so patiently, to hear if my current contract will be renewed. It expires October 16.
I would prefer to hear before mercury goes retrograde. I have slowly starting to update my CV, but if it is not renewed I have big move out of country. I created the attached chart and what I find most fascinating, but perhaps it is because I am novice to astrology, is the AC, DC, MC match my natal chart.
I would really appreciate some help interpreting it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Contract.jpg
    Contract.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 59

Osamenor

Staff member
I know very little about horary, so this is a fumble... but my guess is that you're going to hear something on it in about two days. Whether that something is yes, no, or maybe, I'm not sure, but something.

You are Saturn, in H12 and retrograde, but domiciled. Job is represented by Mars, which is retrograde and doesn't "see" Saturn (you), reflecting the lack of communication to you about the contract, but Mars is in a Saturn-ruled sign... however, not the same sign as Saturn. If I have to hazard a guess, I think that suggests the contract being in your favor--Mars is on your terms--but with the retrogrades and the H12 placement of Saturn, I'm not sure. However, Saturn is in the first house whole sign, so maybe this is a case of, you really have the contract in the bag already, you just don't know it yet.

My understanding is that retrogrades of significators indicate not having the power to act, so not being about to change anything. If that's correct, both significators being retrograde may indicate that this job situation won't change, which would mean the contract is extended. Either way, there's nothing you can do about it currently. Either they extend your contract or they don't--you can't affect that at this point. Which makes me think the decision has already been made, just not communicated to you.

No exact aspects currently between either Mars or Saturn and any traditional planet. Saturn is separating from trine to Venus, which rules H9 and H4--I think that reflects you currently making your home in a foreign country. The next exact aspect to Saturn will be a square from the moon, which will trine Mars around the same time. That will happen in a couple of days, which is why I think the news is coming then. While it squares Saturn, moon will be in Libra, Saturn's exaltation, so there's another suggestion of it being on your terms.

There might be some sort of difficulty involved with this next aspect being a square, and there are, of course, plenty of retrogrades happening right now. If you end up having to sign a contract during Mercury retrograde, check it thoroughly, and make absolutely sure you and they are clear on everything. If your contract isn't extended--I tentatively think it will be, but I'm not entirely sure--then retrogrades are a good time for returns. If you have to return home, retrogrades would just reflect that, and would actually be a good time for that to go well.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Your significator, Saturn,is in your 12th of restrictions. Mars is significator of your 10th of career and 3rd of contracts. The only positive relationship between them is that Saturn (in Capricorn) is in the sign of mars' exaltation, and mars is in Saturn's sign. The cusp of your 6th of work is at the end of the sign, coming to an end. It is ruled by mercury that has no aspects. Ruler of the 7th of open enemies and partners is the moon in virgo (work sign), coming to an opposition of Neptune, disappointment and illusion. The moon is in the 8th of partner's money and Neptune is in your 2nd of money so this may be the reason for not renewing. It's a good idea to prepare your CV and not hope for a renewal. Let us know how it works out, and good luck.

CaprLibraSquared

I received a letter my status in the Netherlands will move to migrant unless my employer files the paperwork so definitely going to push the issue.

I will keep you posted

"The moon is in the 8th of partner's money and Neptune is in your 2nd of money"
I don't have a partner so no job,no $ :)

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting. The moon isn't in Libra yet (though it will be in a few hours) which means it hasn't squared Saturn and trined Mars yet. I thought that would be the timing because that's what would enable communication between the work contract (Mars) and you (Saturn).

At the moment, the moon is void of course, until it enters Libra. Don't sign the contract while the moon is VOC. If you receive it in that time, take the time to read it carefully. Whenever you receive it, take the time to read it carefully. Inner planet retrogrades, especially Mercury, increase the chances of something in a contract being misunderstood or miscommunicated. VOC moon isn't a good time for doing anything major--like contract signing or making major purchases (though routine purchases like groceries are fine, and reviewing a contract is fine).

Last edited:

muchacho

Deep sigh. Almost a week later and I still don't have the contract to sign. Now officially in Mercury retrograde time.. :confused:
L1 retrograde, L10 retrograde ... plus L10 conjunct SN and Pluto retrograde close to ASC. L1 in H12 and Moon in H8 and SN in H1. No aspects between Moon and L10 or L1 and L10. This doesn't look so good, actually.

The only positive thing I can see here is L10 in H1 and in a fixed sign plus mutual receptions between L1 and L10 which would indicate that you very likely will keep the job. However, L10 is severely damaged as is your H1. So this is one of those cases where it could go both ways. But in either case, I'm not really seeing a happy ending here, and that is even if they should actually renew the contract. Are you sure this is the right job for you?

CaprLibraSquared

fair question. It’s not the right job. It has been disappointing-toxicity of the work environment and overall expectations of the job. However, I like living in Europe. That being said I know I need to move on, but I’m also flat broke and need more time to look for a job. The contract extension buys me the the time. Although, given the delay in the actual signing, I am suspicious.

muchacho

fair question. It’s not the right job. It has been disappointing-toxicity of the work environment and overall expectations of the job. However, I like living in Europe. That being said I know I need to move on, but I’m also flat broke and need more time to look for a job. The contract extension buys me the the time. Although, given the delay in the actual signing, I am suspicious.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. Wherever the SN is located, that house and what it represents is usually severely damaged. So SN in H1 usually means you are in a dire situation. L10 conjunct SN usually means either your job will be terminated or there's something severely wrong with that job, i.e. it won't make you happy. And it seems the second explanation is the most likely here. What should work to your advantage is the good receptions between L1 and L10 and L10 being in H1 at the same time (i.e. its in your pocket already). So given your clarifications, I'd say you probably will get your contract extended. But since all significators are retrograde, that may drag on a little. So I wouldn't give up hope. You may actually be able to buy yourself some time. But at the same time you probably should work on a plan B. It's still a long time till October. Lots of things can happen, lots of new opportunities can suddenly open up as soon as you don't tie your fate to this one company anymore. Good luck!

CaprLibraSquared

So to provide an update. I FINALLY received my contract yesterday signed by HR, but I wasn't asked to sign it, just an email here it is. I think that is a sign of all the retrograde activity as well as an HR department breaking down.
What surprised me is it is an indefinite contract not another fixed term.
Still a bit shocked by it. I wish the job wasn't so miserable.

Osamenor

Staff member
So to provide an update. I FINALLY received my contract yesterday signed by HR, but I wasn't asked to sign it, just an email here it is. I think that is a sign of all the retrograde activity as well as an HR department breaking down.

If it's an indefinite contract, you have some wiggle room. Does your ability to live in the Netherlands depend on this job? Could you stay if you got a job with another Dutch company?

Having an indefinite contract would let you search for another job without being under any time pressure.

But check to make sure they intended to give you an indefinite contract.

CaprLibraSquared

If it's an indefinite contract, you have some wiggle room. Does your ability to live in the Netherlands depend on this job? Could you stay if you got a job with another Dutch company?

Having an indefinite contract would let you search for another job without being under any time pressure.

But check to make sure they intended to give you an indefinite contract.
Hi. Yes. I can’t live here without the job, but yes, does give me some wiggle room for sure- which is a relief.

Not to be rude, but I’m not sure why I would check ? It’s been signed by the head of HR and soon by me.

Osamenor

Staff member
Not to be rude, but I’m not sure why I would check ? It’s been signed by the head of HR and soon by me.
For one thing, Mercury is retrograde. That's a prime time for misunderstandings and contracts not saying what they should.

For another, they've only given you year-long contracts up to this point. They apparently never told you they wanted you to stay on permanently, or you would have mentioned that when you were asking if your contract would be renewed.

So, this is a time to make sure every bit of the contract is clear to both parties.

muchacho

Well, then it seems everything is on schedule here. And isn't indefinite even better than fixed?

CaprLibraSquared

Well, then it seems everything is on schedule here. And isn't indefinite even better than fixed?

:) Yes, it just surprised me, it wasn't mentioned. It definitely buys me some flexibility and also requires them to actually do a performance review, which has been lacking the last two years.