Mars conjunct Saturn

Emmy

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some information on the concept of mars conjunct saturn. I have this aspect (both ways) with a friend of mine--and in our composite horoscope as well. It sounds rather ominous...and according to the astrology books I have read,we're "doomed". >:) His Uranus is also opposing my Sun (3 degree orb),and my Mercury squares his Neptune (1 degree orb) to add to the projected "misery". Is there any way in which the mars/saturn aspects can be positive or at least not horrible? Thanks very much!--Emmy

L.C.

I have Mars conjunct Saturn in Cancer and 11th. From what I understand, Saturn basically "grounds" or focuses Martian energy and impulse. Persons with this placement will probably take careful, well-thought out action toward specific goals. Probably very well-focused and driven, and when put to task, will see their goals all the way through.

I guess on the bad side you could say Saturn may stifle Mars a little bit. And, depending on the placement, it could be even worse. If you're in Aries there's probably not as much a problem as if it were in Cancer!

Emmy

Thanks for your thoughts and very helpful new information! That's interesting about the "Saturnian" composite chart being uncomfortable for more Uranian or Martian(!) individuals. My friend has Venus square Uranus and Mercury,Jupiter,Mars trine Uranus with Aquarius on the 3rd House cusp-- and I have Venus opposition Uranus (8 degree orb,though) with Sun,Venus,and Mercury in Aquarius. Also,I have Aries on the 7th House cusp,Mars in Capricorn--and he has the previously mentioned Mercury and Jupiter conjunct Mars in ther FIRST house. Crikey! Sounds like we're inundated with Uranus and Mars! We do have a very Saturnian composite chart with Mars conjunct Saturn and Venus conjunct Saturn (but also Venus conjunct Mars and Moon conjunct Jupiter and some nice sextiles).
I wasn't clear about one thing: we have double Mars-Saturn conjunctions in SYNASTRY (his Mars in Sag. and Saturn in Cap.-- and mine the reverse) and then in the composite,but not in our natal charts. We do tend to work harder together than separately,that's for sure. I don't experience him as stifling(yet?). But my Mars is only 2 degrees from his Saturn and his Mars is 6 or 7 degrees away from my Saturn...so come to think of it,I suppose I am more "hot-tempered" and he...grumbles. >:) Thanks so much ! -Emmy

Elansome

Hi!
I would like to share my experience with you guys. With my last relationship, I had that kind of conjunction. My saturn was hitting just on his Mars. He found is very heavy and at the end we split up. He said I was so pressurising which to me it did not hold the truth. I always experienced if someones saturn hits on my personal planets I did not love them really. It is heavy belive me.
All the best

pisceskitty

Shining, That post was really beautiful! You really make me look at saturn in a different way. The little girl I'm carrying..her father's Saturn is @ 22 degrees Pisces in his 5th house. My Sun is at 21deg Pisces in my 5th house. His Chiron is also @ 21 degrees pisces. He's been through alot, but our conversations are always very healing. I feel very resposible for him.My Saturn is also conjunct his Moon.
By transit Mars will be conjuncting my natal saturn in the 8th[I have saturn in Gemini] In our composite chart, we have Saturn in the 7th...uh-oh

Last edited: