Sun in 4th house

Munch

Thats funny because Im not religious at all either, in fact I dont discuss religion with people. Here's the funny thing, my parents sent me to a lutheran school (neither of them were lutheran.) My dad was mormon, so on wednesdays I went to primary school. Then on Thursday afternoons the Jehovahs came by (still, neither of them were Jehovah Witness either.) Then I was sent to vacation bible school during the summers. Seriously... really?? My dad was a functioning drug addict / alcoholic and my mom played the starring role in the chaos! I just look back and thank god I live far away from them.

I too went to a Lutheran school though we weren't Lutheran! My mom was a jehova's witness during her early twenties. My parents always sent us off to church with grandma and stayed home. Both were dealing or not dealing with their own issues as it were.

rahul_rastogy

Hi There,

My Sun is in the 4th and I am connected to my family because I can't seem to get them out of my life completely. I did manage to move 60 miles away though. I also have zero domestication within me. My sons are now grown in college and married and I never cooked one meal for them, we ate Japanese or something like that every night and I worked while I raised them. I couldn't be a stay at home mom, it wasn't my deal. I think it may have to do with my Sun being in Sag and 3 other planets in the sign of Sag also.

I have a Sun (4th) / Moon (10th) opposition, so my relationships with my parents was not great, I always felt as though I was the one parenting them and I still feel as though they would prefer it to be that way, if I allowed it and lived within their reach.

But, I can say that I am not your typical Sagittarius Sun, meaning people wouldn't know I am a Sag until after they got to know me, because I am very reserved and quiet if I don't know someone, sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my Sun being in the 4th. I am also a very, very, very private person unlike a typical Sag. I think this may have to do with Scorpio on my 4th house cusp.

It seems that you are feeling away from your family roots. But this feel if is hurting you can be removed. Try gathering information about the sun that is in 4th house. But try giving yourself a try and hope you can connect to your family roots soon.

Caro

I went to a religious school as well(my family are religious - im not) is that connected to 4th house stuff? I suppose the traditions of the family are felt very strongly but the 4th house sun for good or not so good. (in my case not so)

CosmicBlyss

hey, my sun (pisces) is in 4th house. I'm wondering if anybody else has the same placement. Do you feel more connected to family or your family roots?

Hello Rizey, I also have a 4th Pisces Sun (conjunct the IC). What is it you are actually inquiring about here?
Are you curious if those with a water Sun in the 4th feel more connected to, or are permanently attached somehow,
to their families or places of origin?

I experience this placement as likely similar to those having a Cancer Moon..in terms of basic emotional attachment and personal viewpoint (i.e., sentimentality, interest in family history, very tied to one or more family member/s, regardless of the actual nature of the relationship, etc.) ..basically as being extremely embedded in family 'issues' that are very tough to 'free' oneself from.

640378377_o.jpg

{prisoner of agoraphobia..can't leave the issues behind}

I also have a 3rd house air (Aquarius) Moon, which complicates things ever more in terms of family being vitally important
(being very involved and caring about what goes on), thus having a significant impact on my own personal development.
I have no siblings and did not receive much 'outer' support from extended family growing up.

But I also have Saturn opposite my Sun, which throws an entire whole other level of 'unrelenting personal drama' into the sticky family recipe mix as 'relates' to.. the monumental endeavor of being able to truly separate oneself (on multiple levels, if not all)
from those currently or formerly in one's inner circle of care. :sad:
This is not such a good thing if dynamics in relationships are not mutually beneficial and/or self-affirming,
or are not at the very least just tolerant/civil in nature. :pinched:

Last edited:

CosmicBlyss

Hi There,

My Sun is in the 4th and I am connected to my family because I can't seem to get them out of my life completely. I did manage to move 60 miles away though. I also have zero domestication within me. I couldn't be a stay at home mom, it wasn't my deal. I think it may have to do with my Sun being in Sag and 3 other planets in the sign of Sag also.

My mother has a Sag Moon (with Sun in the 10th) and it's not a particularly domestic placement at all, no.. much more into exploring mental horizons (if not actual distant physical ones) than being permanently tied to societal female expectations for home/family life.
On a sort of-but not necessarily-related note.. I also have a good friend (Aquarius Sun in the 4th) with a Sag Moon who is married to someone with Venus in Cancer and at least for a while, her husband was the stay-at-home parent while she was the primary bread-winner.

I have a Sun (4th) / Moon (10th) opposition, so my relationships with my parents was not great, I always felt as though I was the one parenting them and I still feel as though they would prefer it to be that way, if I allowed it and lived within their reach.

But, I can say that I am not your typical Sagittarius Sun, meaning people wouldn't know I am a Sag until after they got to know me, because I am very reserved and quiet if I don't know someone, sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my Sun being in the 4th. I am also a very, very, very private person unlike a typical Sag. I think this may have to do with Scorpio on my 4th house cusp.
I can (unfortunately) relate to feeling like the parent of a parent..having distinct blurring of 'traditional' familial roles.

I can be very reserved and quiet (read -observant -, not necessarily 'aloof' or 'disinterested') if I don't know someone or am not (yet) comfortable in a situation (providing that's at least eventually possible).

I'm also usually a very private person (Scorpio 12th house cusp contributes I think), at least until someone has shown themself
to be totally solid/authentic, and/or interesting/intelligent, and/or someone that I would really consider becoming more invested in, for whichever reason at the time.
(I have an earth Venus though, so conservation of emotional resources until legitimacy is established is a bit of a social barrier,
combined with how personal interactions 'feel' or end up affecting me later on.)

7401Rizey

Maybe that's what i have "agoraphobia" since there's a lot of issues, not only family but others that are still bugging me that makes it hard to leave alone. I know once i do get over those issues, I feel like a weight has lifted off my conscience and with that then i can move on.

One thing that i've noticed with most people who replied to this thread is that it seems like having sun in the 4th house, makes you a very private person, which i can very well identify with. Like I don't like to give off information about myself until I get to know the person for long periods of time, and that would usually be after I know what kind of person i'm dealing with, which doesn't take that long either. It's usually a gradual process, especially if that person is trustworthy.

Another thing with Sun in 4th, is sometimes I want to get away from my family, to have my own place of retreat, just have time to myself. It feels a lot better when you can have that time of solitude for yourself.