Carl Payne Tobey's Correspondence Course

MSO

This course is amazing. Everyone should read it.

nbennett

I meet CPT (1902-1980) and studied with him in 1969. Yes he was amazing and very original. He studied and analyzed techniques with a famous group of astrologers in NYC in the 1930's. He was the first to do statistical analysis. He was nationally known. I have kept his works alive and available to the astrological community so that his knowledge would not be lost. You can find more info at LearnAstrologyNow.com. I use his techniques of prediction on my YouTube videos at naomibennet360 channel if anyone is interested. I'm always surprised how many astrologers remember him.
He had Sag rising, looking for the truth with Uranus on the Asc.:sagittariusimg:

I have taken all of this booklets and an older book of his and consolidated them into one book, The Collected Works of Carl Payne Tobey. I also sell his book, Astrology of Inner Space (exceptional), and his Correspondence Course. With 40+ years experience and research, I have a DVD course on the Sacred Geometry of Astrology (6 hours) where I confirm and did the research historically to verify his conclusions. They are all available at learnastrologynow.com. You can use PayPal to order. My email is naomibennett9@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Really not a bad price for the pamphlets for a bibliofile compared with what you might find on abe.com. But I think Naomi Benett has all of them (perhaps not Zodiac in the Raw - I'd have to check my copy of her book) in her collected writings.

I'd lay long odds that the inner planet booklets were just advertised and never written. I have so much of Carl's correspondance and articles, etc. gathered by a student of mine, Betty Baxter (who took my answer "No the 24 lessons is all htere is" and proved me wrong, ever so wrong!)

Truely, if there is a CPT expert posting here now it is Naomi who is a wonderful person and a great astrologer.

Best to all.

Frank

You might want to check with Michael Erlewine (who I used to work with at Matrix) since his Heart Center library has a rather large collection of astrology material. Usually, if it was published, he had it.

I'll look into it and probably others on this thread will do more than I. I'm pretty well overwhelmed with what I already have from over the years :andy:.

Carl wrote lots of articles for the national astrology magazines (as well as very successful national syndocated astrology column that took up half a page in the Sunday comics,) but was, frankly, overlooked by a great many of his contemporaries (Notable Exception: Grant Lewi) He went his own way (especially for a Taurus.) AFAIK he never even owned his own home, which he easily could have. (I OTOH have Taurus rising - Aquarius as my Secondary) and live 3 blocks away from the hospital where I was born 55 years ago!)

After so many years of his truly radical and very abstract Frames of Reference discoveries being pretty much ignored/forgotten/dismissed, it's wonderful to find a seed community of people who appreciate his genius.

Best to all.

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm trying to locate Betty Baxter who (I was told) worked with Carl Payne Tobey. Does anyone have any ideas on how to contact her?

norrismccool

Betty was a student of mine who took the ball and ran with it farther than I ever dreamed a person could. She is, to the best of my knowledge, quite ill and living with her daughter and son-in-law in the deep South and no longer has the ability or interest in keeping up with astrology. Betty came to CPT astrology many years after Carl died, but she urged me and helped finance the research at the library of congress that showed us that no one, foolishly, had renewed the copyrights on his lessons or books.

I'm not sure of this (this is just random gossip shame on me) but Carl's son, CPT, Jr. was an attorney in Texas who was censured or disbared or something. It's telling that even the people CLOSEST to Carl didn't place enough value on his writings at the time copyrights were due for renewal to bother to do the minimal maintenance of just renewing. This is fortunate for those of us who want to share his work with others without charging large sums of money (Carl was charging $250 for his course when I took it - but he gave personal answers) and now are not fettered with the the legal protection of copyright (although, frankly, it's been my experience that if people just get something for free, they tend to value it less - go figure.)

Best to all.

You might want to check with Michael Erlewine (who I used to work with at Matrix) QUOTE]

Speaking of Matrix and other software related stuff, I use a Mac and am **** limited with just IO Horoscope as basic, servicable software. Recently I bought Parallels so now can run Windoze programs and as soon as I can (Santa Claus hear me please) want to get Kepler which not only draws up Carl's Secondary Charts but also will draw up a chart with whichever planet you choose sitting on the ascendant (e.g. a Mars chart to check out a client's sex/career/etc. life.) I would find this very handy because it make seeing if a, say square to Mars, is a 4th house or 10th house square.

Bettty Baxter was always on my case to switch to Kepler, but I hate Windoze and until now, couldn't run their programs on my Mac. I think Kepler costs ~$300.00 US.

Best to all.

nbennett

I have just published all of CPT Correspondence Course in book form on Amazon in 2015, called Astrology Lessons by Carl Payne Tobey. I digitized them, edited, annotated and illustrated them. The Amazon link is:
http://www.amazon.com/Astrology-Les..._sbs_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=02EMJWA2QB5Y2S7MH9AF

I took all of his older short works and consolidated them into one book, Collected Works of Carl Payne Tobey. This is available through me for $20 plus postage of $5. Write to naomibennett9@yahoo.com

You can find his last book, Astrology of Inner Space used online or I have copies to purchase for $20 + $5 for postage.

I have now extended his research where I have searched the world for artifacts to prove his system. It has 20 years of my own research in my new book, Foundations of Astrology that is available online with Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Foundations-Astrology-Naomi-Bennett/dp/1892134020/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

nbennett

I have published all of Carl Payne Tobey's works. They are available online with Amazon Books. Look for "Astrology Lessons by Carl Payne Tobey", "Collected Works of Carl Payne Tobey", used copies of "Astrology of Inner Space". My own book that follows up on CPT's research is "Foundations of Astrology". Naomi Bennett can be reached at naomibennett9@yahoo.com

nbennett

I worked with Carl Payne Tobey and I have maintained his work in print for many years on my website, www.learnastrologynow.com.

All of his pamphlets were consolidated in my published book, Collected Works of Carl Payne Tobey. They are in print and available through my website.

I have published his Correspondence Course in book form through Amazon Books so anyone can buy it around the world. The title is Astrology Lessons by Carl Payne Tobey.

I then extended his original work with 20 years of my research finding the proof and evidence to support his discoveries about the original design of astrology in my book, Foundations of Astrology.

Naomi C Bennett
Austin, Texas