Work with Saturn: A Mantra for Discipline and Devotion

Moondancing

Premium Member
Anyone else feeling the effects of Saturn's latest aspects? I've always been interested in using astrology to redirect problematic aspects and this article comes to me at a good time. Love the idea of starting each day remembering to use Saturn's positive aspects of routine, discipline, patience, etc. as I tackle the day's challenges.

https://kellysastrology.com/2018/12/24/work-with-saturn-mantra-discipline-and-devotion/

Hope you might find this practice works for you.

Moon Dance

CapAquaPis

What about Saturn and mean node in 0' Capricorn (true node at 0' Cancer)? Going by astrological data bases, there are 2 lunar nodes always opposite each other. Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, although the upcoming annular solar eclipse in 2 weeks (June 21st) has the mean node in 29' Sagittarius (sun in 29' Gemini).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

The asteroid Ceres conjunct Saturn on Jan 12, 2020 in Capricorn and again in Aquarius on Mar 30-31. We discuss the 8 planets along with the sun and the moon conjunctions with Saturn are important, but we should consider Ceres and in addition, Eris when they conjunct with Saturn. And true node conjunct Saturn should be mentioned, it happened last year on Mar 31st or Apr 1st.

david starling

Both Mars and Saturn are about discipline, and reward and punishment. Devotion in that context is about devotion to the group-structure one chooses to identify with, and the ideals it espouses.

I prefer empathetic-individualism, and I can't get that from Saturn, which is intrinsically tyrannical and adversarial.

david starling

David, to paraphrase astrologer Steven Forrest, no planet is in the sky just to hurt us.

So, just paint a smiley face on an "old devil", and pretend it's a friend? :unsure:

My attitude is, Saturn's ruling our reality until the Uranian-ruled tropical Aquarian Age begins. So, we have to obey its dictates in order to survive for as long as Saturn allows it. I still refuse to pray to Saturn though. And, Saturn respects an adversarial attitude. :annoyed:

waybread

Nobody paints a smiley face on Saturn-- or on any other planet.

Nobody prays to Saturn, or to any other planet.

I suspect you're being metaphorical.

Think of the teacher you had in school who didn't wear a smiley face, but who taught you the most, probably lessons that you used long after your last exam.

I wouldn't say that Saturn "respects an adversarial attitude," so much as that Saturn rules fear. So it can bring forth your courage in the face of fear.

I try to practice a choice-centered astrology. I don't believe in astral determinism.

CapAquaPis

We will have to work with Saturn in our lives this summer: a malefic opposition of Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter in 22' Capricorn from the Sun on July 13th. The sun and the conjunction square Moon which conjunct Mars and Eris, as well Lilith and Chiron in Aries in different positions. Venus conjunct True Node in Gemini and Uranus in Taurus conjunct Sedna and Neptune in Pisces conjunct Ceres. Note the 5 planets in retrograde: Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto with Chiron turns retrograde could make things a lot worse in the world at the time. Saturn is playing its old tricks to test humanity in overcoming a fatalistic crisis. On the July 13th period, Mercury returns to direct, another thing to look at.