Anorexia/Bulimia in chart

Hey there. I have Anorexia Nervosa binging/purging type which means I am at an anorexic weight with bulimic symptoms. I personally throw up most, if not all, of what I eat, I over exercise, abuse laxatives and enemas (I know they don’t effect weight loss but they do make me feel better), have abused diet pills, and go hours purposely without eating (up to a full day).

I’ve been in treatment but of course, gaining weight is horrific for me and I’m not sure why. I want to know why I’m like this and what in my natal chart makes me this way.

My natal chart: https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_spankingmachine.40053.22268.gif&res=63

I was born 10/20/97 at 10:08pm in New York, NY. Thanks!

Hey there. I have Anorexia Nervosa binging/purging type which means I am at an anorexic weight with bulimic symptoms. I personally throw up most, if not all, of what I eat, I over exercise, abuse laxatives and enemas (I know they don’t effect weight loss but they do make me feel better), have abused diet pills, and go hours purposely without eating (up to a full day).

I’ve been in treatment but of course, gaining weight is horrific for me and I’m not sure why. I want to know why I’m like this and what in my natal chart makes me this way.

My natal chart: https://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_spankingmachine.40053.22268.gif&res=63
art make
I was born 10/20/97 at 10:08pm in New York, NY. Thanks!

Just before looking at your chart anorexia is due to an excessive need to be in control.

I know that. I’ve been hospitalized before. I just want to know WHAT in my chart makes me like this.

AppLeo

I've seen Anorexia/Bulimia in the charts of people who have Saturn/Moon aspects.

Sue Tompkins, an author of an astrology aspects book, has also seen this in charts of her clients as well.

If you see this aspect, then anorexia or bulimia is quite likely. As for other aspects, I have no idea whether or not they cause bulimia. My guess is that these other aspects are aspects that involve Pluto or Saturn because those planets have to do with control in a chart. Anorexia and Bulimia both stem from a need to have control over your life.

A Sun-Saturn or Sun-Pluto person, for example, is someone who needs complete control over their life as one of the traits. One of the manifestations of a need to control is anorexia/bulimia. But there are many manifestations of these aspects, therefore having these aspects doesn't guarantee anorexia/bulimia when seen in a natal chart. Especially since we have free will.

Last edited:
Just before looking at your chart anorexia is due to an excessive need to be in control.

Knowing a former bulimic, who is married to an old friend (long gone, happily) who masked her narcissism with bulimia. Since the OP is one whom is searching for help in to regards of her issues, openly, I don't quite think it is related to "control" in the grounds of severe lack of self-worth. Narcs don't seek help.

I'd suggest looking for aspects of trauma in her chart. This may be an indication of a victim of abuse.

Frisiangal

Anorexia could be compared to 'a withering away' disorder, whilst Bulima might be more of a 'Look, I'm here' (size).
Moon is generally associated with the feelings in this direction, yet the Sun (psyche) can define how the Spirit perceives itself.
Does a person perhaps experience that they are unnoticed, unseen, seem to be invisible to others?

Moon and Neptune have been said to have strong associations with A.N, whilst Pluto can be said for bulima.
Is it coincidence that the chart shows:
Moon in its own sign in Neptune's natural 12th house in a harsh aspect to Pluto (compulsions) in the 6th house (physical dis-orders),
a 5th house Sun in Libra in its natural house exact degree square to Neptune in the 7th house, associated with Libra and close relationships.

As Abby mentioned, 'control' can be a manner to counteract the very vulnerable feelings of a Cancer Moon AND Ascendant. Cancer often finds an association with food, whilst a Pluto in Sagittarius could account for the over-indulgence as a surrogate to appease that which is otherwise overwhelmingly uncontrollable.
Sun is an attention seeker. Neptune often weakens that to which it is in harsh aspect. The Neptune in Capricorn generation perceive no boundaries to hold them in check. Anything and everything is possible. And if that which one wants (Sun) does not occur and one feels 'alone'??
Abuse of any kind can also find a link with Neptune.

There is another interesting aspect. MEAN Black Moon Lilith ( :lilth:), the non-physical astrological point that seems to have much to do with 'images created within', is in an exact degree TRINE aspect with Neptune. In Virgo MEAN BML can reveal much about how one inwardly regards the (state of)physical body. Does the person feel to exist? Does she want to exist in the body she has?

There is a Mercury square Uranus that can influence thought patterns. Scorpio goes intensively and emotionally deep in its obsessions, Aquarius is very much associated with 'my way' where abstract mentality is concerned.
Is it coincidence that Uranus and Pluto, modern rulers of Scorpio and Aquarius, form the YOD aspect to natal Moon.
When the outer planets form harsh aspects to Moon, it seems that there are aspects of one's nature of which the individual is not yet consciously aware.
So the 'What makes me like this?' is a question that only the individual can answer, possibly with professional psychological/psychiatric help.

The progressed chart shows some interesting aspects. Maybe sec. progr. Moon through Pisces over the last 16 months has much to do with one's perception in handling those transits that are troublesome.

Attachments

• astro_246gw_anorexic_20171025_hp.73007.65426.jpg
    astro_246gw_anorexic_20171025_hp.73007.65426.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33

mdinaz

I would expect to see negative aspects to Chiron. Both situations are extreme responses to avoid being hurt emotionally, whether that hurt arrives internally or externally.

Abby83

Anorexia could be compared to 'a withering away' disorder, whilst Bulima might be more of a 'Look, I'm here' (size).
Moon is generally associated with the feelings in this direction, yet the Sun (psyche) can define how the Spirit perceives itself.
Does a person perhaps experience that they are unnoticed, unseen, seem to be invisible to others?

Moon and Neptune have been said to have strong associations with A.N, whilst Pluto can be said for bulima.
Is it coincidence that the chart shows:
Moon in its own sign in Neptune's natural 12th house in a harsh aspect to Pluto (compulsions) in the 6th house (physical dis-orders),
a 5th house Sun in Libra in its natural house exact degree square to Neptune in the 7th house, associated with Libra and close relationships.

As Abby mentioned, 'control' can be a manner to counteract the very vulnerable feelings of a Cancer Moon AND Ascendant. Cancer often finds an association with food, whilst a Pluto in Sagittarius could account for the over-indulgence as a surrogate to appease that which is otherwise overwhelmingly uncontrollable.
Sun is an attention seeker. Neptune often weakens that to which it is in harsh aspect. The Neptune in Capricorn generation perceive no boundaries to hold them in check. Anything and everything is possible. And if that which one wants (Sun) does not occur and one feels 'alone'??
Abuse of any kind can also find a link with Neptune.

There is another interesting aspect. MEAN Black Moon Lilith ( :lilth:), the non-physical astrological point that seems to have much to do with 'images created within', is in an exact degree TRINE aspect with Neptune. In Virgo MEAN BML can reveal much about how one inwardly regards the (state of)physical body. Does the person feel to exist? Does she want to exist in the body she has?

There is a Mercury square Uranus that can influence thought patterns. Scorpio goes intensively and emotionally deep in its obsessions, Aquarius is very much associated with 'my way' where abstract mentality is concerned.
Is it coincidence that Uranus and Pluto, modern rulers of Scorpio and Aquarius, form the YOD aspect to natal Moon.
When the outer planets form harsh aspects to Moon, it seems that there are aspects of one's nature of which the individual is not yet consciously aware.
So the 'What makes me like this?' is a question that only the individual can answer, possibly with professional psychological/psychiatric help.

The progressed chart shows some interesting aspects. Maybe sec. progr. Moon through Pisces over the last 16 months has much to do with one's perception in handling those transits that are troublesome.

I was going to mention the moon in 12th and the inconjunctions but I thought I'd leave it to someone more experienced. 😊

Always love your posts frisiangel.

waybread

Thanks Friesiangal, for posting the chart.

I'll look up the location of Ceres. Supposedly an afflicted Ceres is common in the charts of anorexics and bulimics.

But SM, please look after yourself. I'm an overweight person and my husband tells me I'm beautiful. Your looks aren't a function of how skinny you are, but your self-confidence.

As a new forum member we don't want to lose you.

Last edited:

waybread

You have Ceres at 29 degrees of Aquarius square Pluto. Ceres square Pluto supposedly is a signature for bulimia. Pluto rules purging and elimination, while Ceres relates to "nurturing" in the sense of food and one's emotional needs.

What I find interesting about your chart is that you have a "bucket" formation, with all of your planets in the western hemisphere, except for your very strong moon in Cancer.

Your moon is in the 12th house. The 12th is the traditional "house of self-undoing," which seems very appropriate for your behaviours. The 12th house rules aspects of ourselves that we do not see or understand, even though these characteristics may be very obvious to others. The moon is your emotions, and also traditionally it rules your stomach, your experience of your mother, and home.

So I wonder if you could say something about Mom, and whether she was a troubled individual or whether your relationship with her is difficult. Alternatively did she try to make you eat as a child when you weren't hungry or fat-shame you? Was food a tool of control when you were a child?