Transit Saturn square natal Saturn/conjunct MC?

Frisiangal

I've heard that Saturn square Saturn is a very negative transit while Saturn conjunct MC is very rewarding. Since I have a natal Saturn square MC, which transit do you think is going to be more strongly felt?

Did you get an explanation of WHY this was said to be so? Whether Saturn's natal aspects should be taken into consideration when interpretting a transit from it?

How do you experience natal Saturn in Pisces in yourself? Are you as a ship with or without an anchor? This can offer information in how you deal with 'Saturnian' incidents, such as the structure found in responsibility, duty, authority, the physical limits of self protection, time, and manifestation; the importance of self esteem and respect, etc.etc.

Which house does Saturn rule? This can provide background information of reasons for it manifesting as it does. Your pseudonym might say more about that.:wink:

Saturn transiting the 10th house is when it can come into its own because it is 'at home', so to speak; in its natural ruling house. Saturn in 10th does have a 'status' thing about it. To benefit from this position its natal function will be tested in some way to see if situations are manifesting in the manner they should be, especially in the 10th house exterior world.

So how are you doing, what are you making of yourself in the exterior world? Are things working for or against you, and why?

The answers you find for and about yourself may include the aspects natal Saturn makes to other planetary functions and circumstances. These could offer more information than anything you've 'heard' from any outer source, because they apply to you personally, and not generally.:smile:

spock

I've heard that Saturn square Saturn is a very negative transit while Saturn conjunct MC is very rewarding. Since I have a natal Saturn square MC, which transit do you think is going to be more strongly felt?

I've attached my natal + transit chart for when transit Saturn exactly conjunct natal MC.
You've heard wrong. It's bad only if you think growing up is bad. Saturn conjunct, square, or opposite its natal place, like other age transits, is a maturational transit. Ages 7, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29, 36, 43-44, etc. are normal turning points. The question is, maturation in terms of what, and the short answer is: the ego. The ego is your self-conscious sense of self, who you are (what you want to be like, or think you're like) and what your place is in society. Hence transits of Saturn conjunct, square, or opposite its natal place or the Nonagesimal (your location in the zodiac at the moment of birth, which the Asc and Dsc are 90° from) often coincide with career changes. At 7 the emerging sense of self and the discipline (ego strength) that's an aspect of trying to be that self marks the beginning of the child's ability to be constructive, to do work. The closing square at 21-22 marks the perceptual end of the Uranus-timed 17 or 18 to 22 to 23 shift from adolescence to adulthood. In many places the 21st birthday, which anticipates by a few months this developmental transition, is the age of majority. A quarter of a cycle later is the Saturn Return, at which time people typically get clear on what they want to do with their lives, set priorities, and get their act together. Developmental turning points, whether timed by Saturn or any other planet (e.g., the first Mars Return at 20 to 24 months, the "age 3 crisis" at Jupiter square Jupiter, the beginning of adolescence at the first Jupiter Return) are by their nature stressful, but are bad only if you think personal growth is bad.