The holy turtle

Namaste,
Turtles were considered sacred creatures since the ancient times . According to native americans as well as indians(bharatvarsh) turtle is holding the mother earth in its back and carrying it at the constant speed. But keeping them in your house is not considered suitable as they are very sacred . But in modern times when they were hunted down as a food dish and their population count is lowering down, It should have to be extremely holy to keep them in your house as this will be providing them security.
Now according to astrology, These creatures should not be kept in house or any shops as they slows down the rate of progress. i would like to hear your point of view as well as experiences(if any) about these peace loving creature.

K

Katydidit

Namaste,
i would like to hear your point of view as well as experiences(if any) about these peace loving creature.

As a child I was given a small 'department store' turtle to teach me responsibility. That kind of loyalty for a small thing only comes with empathy and compassion. When I was older I stopped traffic to shovel a migrating turtle across the road and onto her trek to water. Years later, the byway for our national highway stopped construction to build an overpass just for the turtle migration.

Is this the likes of which you wanted to hear?

Holy is in the eyes of the beholders, as are all attributes. And all things can be holy to others.

Ketan123

Those with the turtle as their beastly totem can chronicle to the "sure and steady" bulletin this animal brings to our lives.It is aswell a able totem for aegis as abandoning into it's carapace is an amazing aegis mechanism.The turtle has few predators, which gives it an innocent energy. This aswell increases its lifespan, and so holds the allegorical acceptation for constancy in abounding cultures.

I mean to say like a gemstone is recommended to someone because of its vibration energy . Ancient Science says that everything including trees posses some vibration energy . Just like pets like dogs , cats ,fishes bring happiness to home , Don't you think that turtles who have long life span posses some of this psychic powers?
Apology for not conveying these points in the opening post.

Last edited:

Virinchi

go to any dattatreya (or his incarnations) temple and ask the priest why turtle yantra is placed in front of the idol.
you will get to know more about this

dr. farr

Vedic mundane astrology has since ancient times used a chakra (with nakshatras) based on the Turtle, called the "Kurm (or Kurma) Chakra)...