Trying to conceive

Estella

Dear astrology lovers,
could anyone you please take a look at my natal chart. I have been trying to concieve for years as well, actually have gone through 3 embrio transfers in ivf procedures so far without succes and currently waiting for the results of the 4th one...afraid that I will never be a mother and feeling guilty that I consciously didnt want to have children young and without a steady job.
Thank you so much for all your thouhts, experience or insights.
Lots of love :)

https://imgur.com/fkjJlGm

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Estella,

You're expected to post your chart if you want it interpreted, not just birth information, and it's against the rules to post other people's birth information without their consent. Since you didn't say if you have your partner's permission to post his birth information, I've deleted it. If you have his permission, you need to make that clear. If you don't, you may not post his details, although you may post his chart with birth information redacted, and either name redacted as well or use a pseudonym for him.

Instructions for posting a chart are here: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171

Explaining,
Osamenor

JUPITERASC

Dear Osamenor or anyone else,
could you please take a look for me as well. I have been trying to concieve for years as well, actually have gone through 3 embrio transfers in ivf procedures so far without succes and currently waiting for the results of the 4th one...afraid that I will never be a mother and feeling guilty that I consciously didnt want to have children young and without a steady job��
I am a female,
14. 7. 1986, 17:55, Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia

Partner:
[Deleted because it's against the rules to post other people's birth information without their informed consent, and there's no indication of consent having been given. - Moderator]

[Post moved from someone else's Read My Chart thread and given a new title. - Moderator]
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE

1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload

3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'

4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

Estella

Estella,

You're expected to post your chart if you want it interpreted, not just birth information, and it's against the rules to post other people's birth information without their consent. Since you didn't say if you have your partner's permission to post his birth information, I've deleted it. If you have his permission, you need to make that clear. If you don't, you may not post his details, although you may post his chart with birth information redacted, and either name redacted as well or use a pseudonym for him.

Instructions for posting a chart are here: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171

Explaining,
Osamenor

Oh, I am so sorry. I will do that.

Osamenor

Staff member
Fifth sign is Aries (I see you posted your chart in whole sign, and the source I've learned this from recommends using whole sign in all cases for the purpose of reading fertility). That's one of those difficulty factors. Moon has a decent placement--the somewhat fertile sign of Libra--but it is, as traditional astrologers would say, afflicted, with squares from Mars (that's considered a malefic planet in traditional astrology) and Sun (which is not malefic but, when we're considering fertility, Sun is hot and dry, which is not what we're looking for).

Based on all this, I wouldn't say you'll never have children, but it does look like it's not happening easily, and if you've turned to IVF, we already know it's not. Astrology isn't telling us anything we don't already know.

It's impossible to say, based on your natal chart, whether this round will take or not. If you want to know if IVF will work for you, try horary. That's not my area of expertise, but it is a good way to get a yes or no answer from astrology.

If IVF doesn't work out (and even the best IVF success rate, in people who haven't been able to conceive naturally, is only around 30%), would you consider other ways of becoming a mother? I note that you've got Moon in the eleventh house, which is the house of other people's children (fifth house from the seventh, which indicates other people). That could indicate being an adoptive parent, or raising a stepchild, or having a child by surrogate. In other words, a child born to someone else becoming yours.

Estella

Re: Confused which planets are in which houses

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have been interested in astrology for a very long time, but am quite inexperienced (I just know what I have read in books and on the internet, don't really know anyone who's a master of it, nor I often talk about it with the people I know). I have studied planets and aspects a lot and I think I am slowly starting to understand the big picture. I do however have trouble understanding the houses - I know what they represent and their rulers, but a lot of thing still remain uncartain.

You say that my 5th house is in aries and 11th in libra, but when I use different internet web pages, they all seem to tell me, that 5th is in taurus and 11th in scorpio. Could you please help me out here? Is it possible that the chart I posted in the previous posts was not OK (my birth data is correct though)?

https://imgur.com/ojfVqMq

https://imgur.com/GoCAPEr

https://imgur.com/153woGI

https://imgur.com/YfSybfd

Thank you so much for your time and energy.

Best wishes,

Estella

Last edited:

Lin

Re: Confused which planets are in which houses

I appreciate your posting your birth info which I will use for creating a chart form which is more familiar to me....plus I can do some work on your solar returns and transits.

But forgive me my ignorance, but I don't know what country you are from. I can read the city's name but let me know what country, ok?
LIN

Osamenor

Staff member
Your fifth house cusp may be in Taurus if you use a quadrant house system. The version of your chart that you posted is in whole sign, which simply counts the rising sign as the first house, the next sign as the second house, and so on. In whole sign, Aries is your fifth house.

The way I learned what I know about fertility technique, the teacher advised using whole sign houses for this purpose. You could do it with a quadrant based system as well, which might get a different result--or not.

As far as fertility is concerned, Taurus is a more promising sign than Aries. However, the placement and condition of the fifth house ruler is also important, and if you consider Taurus your fifth house sign, there's also some difficulty. Venus rules Taurus, and your Venus is in Virgo, which is the sign of its detriment, and a barren sign, too. The barren signs, when we're considering fertility indicators, are Aries, Leo, Virgo, and Gemini. If the fifth house cusp, fifth house ruler, or Moon is in any of those signs, it's a strike against fertility.

Having a strike against fertility in your chart does not, in and of itself, mean that you're infertile, but the more strikes you have, the more likely it is that you'll have some sort of difficulty having children. Maybe trouble conceiving, or not being in the right circumstances to feel you can until it's too late, or simply choosing not to have children.

You obviously haven't chosen not to have children, if you're going so far as to use IVF. Cancer, especially as a Sun or Moon sign, can indicate an especially strong drive to be a parent. A friend of mine who has a Cancer Moon can't have biological children for medical reasons, but she so strongly wanted to be a mother that she chose to adopt. So, she has a child, but it didn't happen the usual way.

Estella

I appreciate your posting your birth info which I will use for creating a chart form which is more familiar to me....plus I can do some work on your solar returns and transits.

But forgive me my ignorance, but I don't know what country you are from. I can read the city's name but let me know what country, ok?
LIN

I come from Slovenia. Thank you for your energy and time. I am really looking forward for your answers. I am new to this forum, and up till now I have only been studying my natal chart through books and web pages, and it is incredibly helpful that I can actually get some answers to my (innumerous:)) questions.

P.S.: Slovenia is a tiny country in EU, with just 2 mio people. Not to be confused with Slovakia, which is much bigger, both in size and population.

Last edited:

Estella

Your fifth house cusp may be in Taurus if you use a quadrant house system. The version of your chart that you posted is in whole sign, which simply counts the rising sign as the first house, the next sign as the second house, and so on. In whole sign, Aries is your fifth house.

The way I learned what I know about fertility technique, the teacher advised using whole sign houses for this purpose. You could do it with a quadrant based system as well, which might get a different result--or not.

As far as fertility is concerned, Taurus is a more promising sign than Aries. However, the placement and condition of the fifth house ruler is also important, and if you consider Taurus your fifth house sign, there's also some difficulty. Venus rules Taurus, and your Venus is in Virgo, which is the sign of its detriment, and a barren sign, too. The barren signs, when we're considering fertility indicators, are Aries, Leo, Virgo, and Gemini. If the fifth house cusp, fifth house ruler, or Moon is in any of those signs, it's a strike against fertility.

Having a strike against fertility in your chart does not, in and of itself, mean that you're infertile, but the more strikes you have, the more likely it is that you'll have some sort of difficulty having children. Maybe trouble conceiving, or not being in the right circumstances to feel you can until it's too late, or simply choosing not to have children.

You obviously haven't chosen not to have children, if you're going so far as to use IVF. Cancer, especially as a Sun or Moon sign, can indicate an especially strong drive to be a parent. A friend of mine who has a Cancer Moon can't have biological children for medical reasons, but she so strongly wanted to be a mother that she chose to adopt. So, she has a child, but it didn't happen the usual way.

Thank you so much for making things clearer. But if we put the infertility aside, there is still so much confusion with houses. I don't really know which "system" to use, when trying to define my houses. When people discuss natal charts on this forum and they say "I have pisces in jupiter in the 4th house", which "types" of houses do they have in mind? Is this just a personal choice/perferrence or is there more to it (besides whole signs for fertility)? What struggles me as well, is the fact that there can be more than one sign in one house (mars, uranus and neptune in my 1st, sun and mercury in 8th), and what brings even more questions, is that there are some houses that are empty (2,5,6 in my case I believe).
I hope I am not bothering you too much with all my questions and I am welcoming anyone else to share their opinion.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
When people discuss natal charts on this forum and they say "I have pisces in jupiter in the 4th house", which "types" of houses do they have in mind?
Whichever house system they're using. Probably, most people on here are using Placidus houses, because it's the usual default system used by online chart casting programs. But some people favor another quadrant-based system, or whole sign, or equal house. In the end, astrologers, even seasoned pros, tend to fall back on using the house system that their teacher used. Some develop their own preference for one system or another over time, and those astrologers can always tell you why they prefer their system.
Is this just a personal choice/perferrence or is there more to it?
Personal choice. Many people simply go with the default, or default to what their teacher used if they had an astrology teacher. When people develop a preference for one house system over the others, what they usually say is that they find their system to be the most accurate. But then, what it means to be the most accurate is a whole other discussion and debate topic.

At the end of the day, all house systems work, even if they're different. It's one of the mind blowing things about astrology. But trying to work with multiple house systems at once would be way too complicated, so to be able to hold it in your brain, you really have to settle on one.

I have a hybrid method that I use: primarily Placidus, but when a planet is in one house Placidus but another house whole sign, I interpret it as being placed where the house meanings overlap. For example, let's say a planet is in the fourth house Placidus but the fifth house whole sign. Fourth house is family and children are fifth, so family/children is one way I would interpret it. Or maybe deeply personal hobbies or passions, practiced alone or shared only with the people closest to you: fifth house is also hobbies and passions, and fourth house can indicate what is very deeply personal.

But if that same planet were straddling the fifth and sixth houses instead, I would shift my focus to their overlapping meanings: maybe turning a hobby into a job (sixth house is the house of vocation). Or, if the native has children, wants children, or works with children, I might be looking at the duties (sixth) of caring for children (fifth), or maybe health issues (also sixth) related to having children or to sexual health (also fifth).
What struggles me as well, is the fact that there can be more than one sign in one house (mars, uranus and neptune in my 1st, sun and mercury in 8th), and what brings even more questions, is that there are some houses that are empty (2,5,6 in my case I believe).
Every chart has empty houses. There are 12 houses but only 10 astrological planets. Even if each planet occupied a different house--which is possible but very rare--two houses would be empty. Usually, there's at least one house with two or more planets in it, which leaves more than two houses empty.

Estella

Whichever house system they're using. Probably, most people on here are using Placidus houses, because it's the usual default system used by online chart casting programs. But some people favor another quadrant-based system, or whole sign, or equal house. In the end, astrologers, even seasoned pros, tend to fall back on using the house system that their teacher used. Some develop their own preference for one system or another over time, and those astrologers can always tell you why they prefer their system.

Personal choice. Many people simply go with the default, or default to what their teacher used if they had an astrology teacher. When people develop a preference for one house system over the others, what they usually say is that they find their system to be the most accurate. But then, what it means to be the most accurate is a whole other discussion and debate topic.

At the end of the day, all house systems work, even if they're different. It's one of the mind blowing things about astrology. But trying to work with multiple house systems at once would be way too complicated, so to be able to hold it in your brain, you really have to settle on one.

I have a hybrid method that I use: primarily Placidus, but when a planet is in one house Placidus but another house whole sign, I interpret it as being placed where the house meanings overlap. For example, let's say a planet is in the fourth house Placidus but the fifth house whole sign. Fourth house is family and children are fifth, so family/children is one way I would interpret it. Or maybe deeply personal hobbies or passions, practiced alone or shared only with the people closest to you: fifth house is also hobbies and passions, and fourth house can indicate what is very deeply personal.

But if that same planet were straddling the fifth and sixth houses instead, I would shift my focus to their overlapping meanings: maybe turning a hobby into a job (sixth house is the house of vocation). Or, if the native has children, wants children, or works with children, I might be looking at the duties (sixth) of caring for children (fifth), or maybe health issues (also sixth) related to having children or to sexual health (also fifth).
Every chart has empty houses. There are 12 houses but only 10 astrological planets. Even if each planet occupied a different house--which is possible but very rare--two houses would be empty. Usually, there's at least one house with two or more planets in it, which leaves more than two houses empty.

Thank you very much for your detailed explaination. I have decided to "look at the charts through the whole sign system" for now. For now it's easier and more logical. I don't want to mix it all up and am trying to slowly but surely get to the bigger picture. Thanks once again, your knowledge and willingness to share mean a lot and have made things much clearer.