Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

Can you relate to them if you back them up 25 degrees? That's the differential (ayanamsa) our community's western Traditional siderealists are using.

Are there sidereal descriptions for them? The descriptions I know would be useless since they're based on expected traits associated with the outers in the tropical zodiac, mixed with observation of what those generations have actually been like. I haven't studied them well enough to know how well the tropical placements match up to historical/social events. Is that something you've studied a lot?

The frame of reference for speaking to other people about astrology is lost if you switch to sidereal as a Western astrologer. It would not be a small loss to me. Talking to others about it makes it fun and engaging. However, my livelihood is not wrapped up in this, and I wouldn't consider the studying I've done a waste even if I leave it all behind some day, so it's easy for me to be reckless about it.

conspiracy theorist

Petosiris certainly knows his stuff, so I get why you are second guessing the efficacy of the tropical zodiac. Personally I've gotten to the point where I recognize that there are deeper processes involved in astrology and other divinatory systems which go beyond the "correctness" of technique or symbology. I've mentioned it before but one can even divine with the poetry of important Sufi personages and apparently this is a long held practice in certain parts of the world.

These kinds of discussions don't lead me to questions like "Which is the correct one" but "How and why is it possible for contradictory systems to work in the same reality", and "What are these things grounded on which makes this possible" and "What is really going on when we 'do' astrology". It's one of the reasons why I got into deeper esoterica.

I've seen it said that one zodiac has to be correct or the whole thing is a sham. I'm not so sure about that.

Gemini888

I didn't mean authoritative as in authoritarian and dictator-like, I meant it as in confident in your opinions and vocabulary because you know what you're talking about. Maybe you could astrologically analyze the characters in those films or the writers or directors who made them... I'm just thinking outside the box. :sideways:
Gosh you just give me an idea :w00t: I have always incoporated astrology into my reviews, but I do it discretely because I'm aware of the anti-astrology people out there. I'm aware that the website I use to host my blog can be modified into several sub-categories. Maybe I'll open an "astrology corner" specifically for discussing movies/directors with astrology references. I can put it in a section separated from the normal movie review section so that people who don't care for astrology can enjoy their things.

What do you think if you are to see a section like that.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Petosiris certainly knows his stuff, so I get why you are second guessing the efficacy of the tropical zodiac. Personally I've gotten to the point where I recognize that there are deeper processes involved in astrology and other divinatory systems which go beyond the "correctness" of technique or symbology. I've mentioned it before but one can even divine with the poetry of important Sufi personages and apparently this is a long held practice in certain parts of the world.

These kinds of discussions don't lead me to questions like "Which is the correct one" but "How and why is it possible for contradictory systems to work in the same reality", and "What are these things grounded on which makes this possible" and "What is really going on when we 'do' astrology". It's one of the reasons why I got into deeper esoterica.

I've seen it said that one zodiac has to be correct or the whole thing is a sham. I'm not so sure about that.

See this is exactly evidence to me that Mercury via house placement matter a great deal, and combustions don't mean much if mitigated by other, powerful influences.

Mercury Pluto remains one I am both in awe of and are envious of. Also your Mercury doesn't square Saturn. At 99º I'd count it as an 100º Quintaseminovile. Plus in 5H you have a 35º48 Semi-Quintile between Jupiter and Uranus. There is another one between Saturn and Pluto, but I don't count that as involving the mind, but the will.

conspiracy theorist

I appreciate the sentiments, Ms. Depth.

What do you think the 12th house does to Mercury where you'd see it as a good thing for the planet? Both myself and David have it. (by quadrant)

Also, what does having Mercury 100 Saturn mean in your view?

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I appreciate the sentiments, Ms. Depth.

What do you think the 12th house does to Mercury where you'd see it as a good thing for the planet? Both myself and David has it. (by quadrant)

I'd have to work deductively. If 8th Mercury is obsessive impulse and an natural ability to dig into rabbit holes as deep as it can go. Then 12th Mercury would be divine inspiration.

Its like when I asked a technical question to a tarot reader at an occult shop one day (not related to the friend I mention before), the guy says that he believes most of the info are available and stored on another plane, perhaps the akashic records. And there are those who just have more sensitive antennas to pick it up from those planes.

So the 12th would mean there is either no, (or much less), boundaries between those higher planes and one's objective, conscious, thinking mind. Leading to what I phase above as "divine inspiration"!

david starling

I'd have to work deductively. If 8th Mercury is obsessive impulse and an natural ability to dig into rabbit holes as deep as it can go. Then 12th Mercury would be divine inspiration.

Its like when I asked a technical question to a tarot reader at an occult shop one day (not related to the friend I mention before), the guy says that he believes most of the info are available and stored on another plane, perhaps the akashic records. And there are those who just have more sensitive antennas to pick it up from those planes.

So the 12th would mean there is either no, (or much less), boundaries between those higher planes and one's objective, conscious, thinking mind. Leading to what I phase above as "divine inspiration"!

The belief in actual Muses has become lost to us. It's just archaic metaphor to most. My take on that is, of course, Ages-related.

david starling

Are there sidereal descriptions for them? The descriptions I know would be useless since they're based on expected traits associated with the outers in the tropical zodiac, mixed with observation of what those generations have actually been like. I haven't studied them well enough to know how well the tropical placements match up to historical/social events. Is that something you've studied a lot?

The frame of reference for speaking to other people about astrology is lost if you switch to sidereal as a Western astrologer. It would not be a small loss to me. Talking to others about it makes it fun and engaging. However, my livelihood is not wrapped up in this, and I wouldn't consider the studying I've done a waste even if I leave it all behind some day, so it's easy for me to be reckless about it.

Western sideralists appear to be defining them the same as in tropical. So, moving the 3 Generationals would change the characteristics of your own generation, and those of older and younger generations as well. Same meanings, different mindset. I can't make the changeover myself, having lived with the tropical version so long.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
What do you think the 12th house does to Mercury where you'd see it as a good thing for the planet? Both myself and David have it. (by quadrant)

Here is an challenge for both u and David, one I haven't quite worked out in my head. :sideways:

There is perhaps 3 houses with a reputation for the occult, 8th, 12th, and surprisingly the 9th. There is one individual on this board I respect, with, I daresay astrological power coming from 9th placements. I don't know the rest of his chart.

Based on what we started above (some of difference between 8th and 12th talents).

What do you guys think are the core differentiators in astrological talent, between talent from 8th placements, 12th placements and 9th placements? What does each contribute and how are they different?

conspiracy theorist

Here is an challenge for both u and David, one I haven't quite worked out in my head. :sideways:

There is perhaps 3 houses with a reputation for the occult, 8th, 12th, and surprisingly the 9th. There is one individual on this board I respect, with, I daresay astrological power coming from 9th placements. I don't know the rest of his chart.

Based on what we started above (some of difference between 8th and 12th talents).

What do you guys think are the core differentiators in astrological talent, between talent from 8th placements, 12th placements and 9th placements? What does each contribute and how are they different?

I have some thoughts that I'll elaborate on later since it's late and I'm about to get out of here, but something preliminary I'll say is that I think the difference lies in psychological pain and remedy (8th), prophecy, philosophy, axioms/first principles (9th) and mysticism/magic, connection with "The All"/love in the "gnostic" sense, and altered states of consciousness (12th).

david starling

Tell us what you've got so far, and maybe we can facilitate an epiphany.

Lykanized

I have some thoughts that I'll elaborate on later since it's late and I'm about to get out of here, but something preliminary I'll say is that I think the difference lies in psychological pain and remedy (8th), prophecy, philosophy, axioms/first principles (9th) and mysticism/magic, connection with "The All"/love in the "gnostic" sense, and altered states of consciousness (12th).
Do you have any reason why altered states of consciousness would come naturally to me as well as the mystical or the all or whatever with no 12th house placements?(except for my Chiron)

Also someone mentioned the 29th degree which is where my Sun is and I don't feel unlucky. I don't know the origins of the whole anaretic degree thing, but I don't feel unlucky

Last edited:

Lykanized

You can change your DNA through meditation. This is crucial knowledge as we're already inundated with atrocious levels of radiation and other toxins in our food, in our air, in our technology...
I realized it's inevitable 5G will be rolling out and that means the radiation will be amping up. We're gonna need to have our psychic defenses up more than ever and use our meditative practices to defend ourselves. We're in the end times

I had a dream yesterday I was fighting demons as if it was a simulation of sorts. Maybe I just have an overactive imagination, but it felt very very real. I of course wasn't fighting them physically, I was fighting them with my psychic-emotional self and there was someone there guiding me through the simulation kinda kicking my *** a bit telling me I needed to do better

I remember how it felt to fight them

Anyway, darlings, we're dealing with some very real demons here. It's us against them. I was feeling very negatively yesterday as everywhere I turn I see people fighting over petty issues. Race does not exist(research that ****, it doesn't), and all these other things people fight about...sexuality, sex, nationality, cultural appropriation, politics(a game just to distract us), celebrities(who don't matter whatsoever and are again a distraction), whatever it might be, people need to get their heads out of their assholes because this is exactly what the people who mean us harm want us to be doing, fighting. We're in the end times. How do people survive the end times? They band together or die

Right now it's divide and conquer and we are divided because most people seem so blissfully unaware of just what's going on. And I feel cursed sometimes knowing the dark **** that's going on. The largest corporate entities that control us, they use magick. So what do we do? We reclaim our birthrights, we reclaim our ancestral knowledge, what our ancestors knew and used freely but has been long forgotten. We use our magick and our power because we have it and if everyone was to band together, the ones wishing us harm wouldn't stand a chance

Listen to your higher selves as we all have them and we all have spirits on our sides, we all have our ancestors on our sides. Just listen. Just listen. That's all you have to do

Now I'm gonna pop some pills because I'm not ok

Lykanized

Primarily, my depression as of late has been because of all that's going on in the world and my questioning of whether I want to be here has been because of that and I get very frustrated at humans sometimes with all they do and all they can't see. But I realize I can't lament it. I chose to come here as did many of us, right now, in these hellish times. Apparently there will be an ascension of humanity and I still don't know what it entails, but I feel very pained by everything in the world and also scared