Can't live a normal life. Please, I need career advice.

FiliaVeneris

I'm afraid I really can't point out specific things in your chart career-wise since I'm still a beginner, but I do think your Neptune and Uranus in the 1st house shows some sort of identity crisis. If you're like me (my Neptune and Uranus are also in the 1st house), you probably can be quite the eccentric, with a creative soul that's never really satisfied.

Waybread and A7000 are onto something here. I also do see a strong Plutonian influence on your chart. The military suggestion makes sense to me -- with your Mars in 11th under Scorpio, you may enjoy some sort of law enforcement or detective work with a big group / community. But there also seems to be a strong pattern of creativity (Libra conjunct MC, Mercury in 12th). Though you might also find comfort at home (Moon in 4th), you have a need to broaden your horizons and maybe see the world (Jupiter in the 8th and almost on the 9th cusp), and this might be causing some sort of internal conflict within you. Perhaps, if my reading is correct, it will be easier to decide on a career path once you've resolved this?

That said, if it's difficult to figure out the answer to waybread's last question (I only figured my own answer to that recently, and it's been a long and tedious process getting there thanks to my Neptune in 1st lol), I suggest doing this: keep a journal. Your Mercury in the 12th also denotes some sort of difficulties expressing yourself, perhaps due to some fears during childhood. However, it also denotes a natural ability to be in touch with the collective unconscious. You're probably quite perceptive. With your 6th house in Gemini and MC in Libra, you might be talented in writing.

If you do decide to keep a journal, it might help you figure out when you're at your happiest, or when you feel the most passionate. Since those with a Mercury in 12th usually have a strong sense of intuition, automatic writing or something of the sort might help you be more in touch with your innermost desires. I do hope I can help you some more with this, and I'm sorry if there are any inaccuracies.

natrive

I'm truely beginning to adore this thread as everyone on here gives invaluable advice and really seems to know their stuff. I feel we are all becoming like friends already. I will let you in on a little secret. I had a childhoood dream of becoming a big wave surfer. It was the one past time that appealed to me, but as I have grown I have developed a somewhat strange fantasy, some sort of lust for power. Not just for the sake of my own but for the sake of protecting others. As my sepulcher childhood fades and my innocence dissipates into thin air. I have developed this deep sense of desire to seek power. I have dabbled in the occult and am interested in joining secret societies. I have an urge to be somewhat of a benevolent protector of society. Sounds weird. But sometimes I have this vision of me sitting on a throne of power, behind a veil of secrecy, where I can use my strengths to combat wickedness that plagues our planet.

And on the other hand, I just want to get high and surf waves and get married.

I may just be a delusunional day dreamer. lost. But I like to see myself as someone who can change people's lives, maybe even save lives.

natrive

That brings me to another important off-topic. Can anyone analyze my life love and tell me what kind of love life my chart is inclinded too. Early happy marriage, or a barrage of love affairs, or maybe, just maybe multiple girlfriends. I have no idea. My love life is a mess.

FiliaVeneris

I may just be a delusunional day dreamer. lost. But I like to see myself as someone who can change people's lives, maybe even save lives.

I truly believe you can. :) Your 11th house stellium plus Pluto in 11 house actually shows a side that may be interested in secret/occult societies, and with the 6th house in Gemini, you may be good at keeping secrets or you might find yourself in a position where people trust you with their secrets.

Honestly, I'm not sure what exact career would suit you at this point, but what I do see is that you'd do well in career that allows you to influence people. I admire how you wish to change people's lives, and I don't think you're delusional at all.

If you find that the thought of being a big wave surfer still takes your breath away, that you really want that career in your life, then I'd say go for it. But if you really think an influential/powerful career might suit you more, perhaps you can let surfing function as some sort of metaphor or guide. What is it about surfing that made you feel happy? How can you do/channel that in an influential/powerful career?

I'm honoured to know about this secret of yours, and I really wish you luck on this! It may seem strange, but I relate so much with you (perhaps because I also have a busy 11th house, strong Venusian influences along with Neptune and Uranus in the 1st lol). It's nice to find similar souls over here, especially since I'm new.

natrive

I am glad to know I am not alone in my own thoughts. You are a sweet person it seems. And you give decent advice for a newbie. Perhaps surfing represents a philosophy for me, the philosophy of freedom from society's limitations and undying spirit of optimism and inner peace. Thank you for your kind words. Are you too searching for a life purpose?

natrive

Waybread, I believe if I worked in a cubicle the only thing that would keep me sane is seeing all the attractive women in tights an skirts and the occasional seance into the restroom to restore my senses. What do you do for work if you don't mind me asking?

natrive

I really appreciate the kind words Fillia.

We seem to share a lot of the same emotional disposition. I'm glad to know we are not alone. The thing about surfing is it is devoid of materialism and modern societal concerns. To me it is great mediation and is one of the best habits a human can pick up. That being said perhaps it should just stay as a hobby I don't know. I was wondering if you had any dreams of your own?

waybread

Filia, you are doing really good work here!! :cool: Please keep it up, as you will find many people posting on this forum longing for your astrological insights into their situation. As you read more charts for real people in real time with real problems, your skills will get better and better. You've already got talent.

I'm truely beginning to adore this thread as everyone on here gives invaluable advice and really seems to know their stuff. I feel we are all becoming like friends already. I will let you in on a little secret. I had a childhoood dream of becoming a big wave surfer. It was the one past time that appealed to me, but as I have grown I have developed a somewhat strange fantasy, some sort of lust for power. Not just for the sake of my own but for the sake of protecting others. As my sepulcher childhood fades and my innocence dissipates into thin air. I have developed this deep sense of desire to seek power. I have dabbled in the occult and am interested in joining secret societies. I have an urge to be somewhat of a benevolent protector of society. Sounds weird. But sometimes I have this vision of me sitting on a throne of power, behind a veil of secrecy, where I can use my strengths to combat wickedness that plagues our planet.

And on the other hand, I just want to get high and surf waves and get married.

Jesse, this is a really helpful post. It's always hard for an astrologer to do a "blind" chart reading for a completely unknown person because each planet, sign, and house has multiple core meanings. When you say a bit about yourself, we can begin to see which core meanings pop up in your life and how the chart manifests.

So see if the following ideas begin to sound like a plan.

1. If you do not currently live in a place where you can surf and learn to do it well enough to tackle the big waves, develop a plan to move to a place (Florida?) where you can do that, at least on weekends. Surfing would seem to have that "life on the edge" quality to it.

2. Having interests in the occult, retribution justice, and life-and-death matters is very, very Scorpio and Pluto. So is a lust for power, notably with your Pluto quintile Saturn. (A quintile is an aspect of 360/5 that shows talent plus the ambition to manifest that talent. Both Pluto and Saturn like to be in charge, and they may confer latent managerial ability that will develop as you accumulate more work experience.)

3. Wanting to create a better world is very 11th house, because in addition to being the house of friends, it is also the house of one's hopes and wishes for the future.

Your post might seem weird to a nicey-nice superficial conventional person, but any Scorpios in the room will understand it totally!

So, OK-- no plumbing career for you. But perhaps you get the idea of someone unafraid to face the crummy stuff that life has to offer, and from that, create something functional and genuinely helpful to people.

I don't know how you'd feel about working as a counselor in the juvenile justice system with troubled youth, in the corrections/prison field, or getting a law degree and defending vulnerable victims who have been damaged by the bad guys.

You might enjoy reading about alchemy, which actual wasn't bad chemistry experiments in medieval times, but a code for a heretical philosophical system.

With Gemini on the cusp of your 7th house, you may have the energy of, "when I'm not near the girl I love, I love the girl I'm near." Gemini is an air sign: that, plus your good-lookin' Venus in Libra suggest you want a lady with some smarts, a good conversationalist, and with interests in expanding her mental horizons (Mercury in Sag., Venus in the 9th.) But no rush: time is on your side. However, your dream girl has to be ready to cope with your considerable intensity.

BTW, I'm retired now, but I worked for many years as an academic, where I was paid to dispense gratuitous advice to young adults.

aquarius7000

My birth time isn't off. Unless my doctor wrote down the wrong time. Once again, what does my ascendant have to do with this topic?
Natrive, I strongly suggest you pick up a good Basic Astrology book on signs, houses, planets and aspects to help you understand the role of each of them.

I am not going to get in a long lecture because I am only now beginning to relax after a long work day and commute, but I will tell you that the Asc. marks the start of the houses, so it has everything to do with any and every chart you post. And, your birth time could very well be off by a couple of mins. and is nothing unheard of. That is the reason I asked all those questions - given that your Asc. is such a borderline case.

FiliaVeneris

Yes, I'm currently searching for a life purpose as well. I'd like to think that I've found it -- I recently rediscovered my love of dance, and I really want to pursue it, but I'm having all of these doubts and fears that I'm deluding myself simply because I can't stand the 9-5 corporate slave life. Also, I'm 24, and I feel like no one really starts a dance career at this age... but then again, that's probably just my insecurity speaking. That said, your post about working in a cubicle made me laugh. I worked as a copywriter for 2 weeks and I couldn't stand it. I had to keep going to the restroom just to keep my sanity.

I definitely agree with you about surfing. While I haven't tried it myself, it seems so peaceful and exciting at the same time. Whether or not you decide to pursue it as a full-time career, I think it'd be nice to have it as a regular thing in your life. If I may ask, are you working right now? Or are you also taking a break from it all?

And thank you very much, waybread! Reading your posts also help me improve my understanding of astrology. Also, this is just brilliant: "When I'm not near the girl I love, I love the girl I'm near." It's so true! My Gemini is also on the cusp of the 7th house, so I can relate with this lol. Also, I had no idea that quintiles denote ambition and talent, so today I learned something new! :D

Last edited:

natrive

I am not working nor do I accept the conditions of working a job that I dislike in any considerable manner. I don't compromise on things like that. And perhaps you should take a nice bath if you're feeling stressed.

natrive

I have always been quite the writer but I'm not sure that would be something I could devote my life too. Too depressing and isolating. And I'm not akin to becoming an alcoholic lol

natrive

Filia, I like your style. I think you're on to something with my Jupiter. optimism has seem to be stifled in my life view of the world. I tend to feel trapped. I truely believe that expanding my horizons may be the only way to ascertaining my life purpose. I've tried the meditations and ****. The only time I feel like I'm living in the real world is when I'm high. Perhaps I need to go on vacation.

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope observations help reflect-integrate, do share-discuss feedbacks,
how true-untrue-insightful etc :

sag asc, philosophical, optimistic, law-justice, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;
asc lord jup virgo 8th, research-audit aptitudes, health issues-liver etc;
jup aspect own pisces 2nd protective of family-finances;

cap-rahu node first house, ambitious, hardworking, event management;
sat own acq first, growth-riches through technology-innovation-public admin;
sat lord 2nd negating to first, negating family-finances/constraints;

moon aries 4th impulsive, action oriented;

sun-mars scorpio 11th for gains, research-occult-forensic aptitudes,
gains through govt, corporates, social elite;
mars lord 4th over 11th, gains from mother-real estate;

10th lord venus for career negating to own libra 9th,
retired attitude towards career, seeking splendor in life,
artistic-human relations aptitudes,
may be luck in teaching and research of arts/pharmacy in the university;
mer sag 12th, aptitude for philosophical writings;

ketu south separative node 7th cancer,
hyper-sensitive, intuitive, abdominal pains;

wishing well, kshantaram

Stillwerise

Hiii So you have your North Node conjunct Uranus in your 1st house (Capricorn), which means your life path is prone to erratic changes in energy. Being your 1st house, this is an integrated part of your identity and how you approach the world. Your 10th house of career is empty of planetary influence, but ruled by Libra on the MC angle of career and life calling. Venus is nearby on approach. All this together tells me you would do best in a career path that focuses on revolutionizing the established structures of society, possibly in the area of law and justice or relationships. Think "**** the Man" revolutionary..or SLC punk changing the system from the inside out. Until you find that calling that offers these qualities of revolution, excitement and change, you will be bored and quickly lose interest. <3

waybread

I am not working nor do I accept the conditions of working a job that I dislike in any considerable manner. I don't compromise on things like that. ....

So who is supporting you?? Paying for your drugs?

Mom or Dad? Taxpayers like me?

OK, it's NOMB, but what if that dream career just isn't out there?

Nobody said the transition to adulthood would be or should be easy.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I am not working nor do I accept the conditions of working a job that I dislike in any considerable manner. I don't compromise on things like that. And perhaps you should take a nice bath if you're feeling stressed.
Natrive, how do you want to justify the unemployment gaps in your resume, not to mention the experience, networking, social skills you are missing out on, besides the money of course.
Remember, this is not kindergarten where one can sit and sulk that one will only wear the colour of shoes one likes. Life is all about compromise.

Last edited: