Sailing, Sailors, Liveaboard, Cruising and Boats

iwatchthesunrise

Has anyone made any astrological connections with any of the above listed in the title?

For example, the astrology of a sailor, cruising around the world, traveling the seas, buying a boat, living on a boat, and the like?

I'd like to hear others' inputs.

I was thinking maybe there would be an asteroid related to such matters or maybe a connection with Mercury (for travel) and Neptune (since he's also known as the king of the sea).

What do you think?

⛵️⚓️

Julia Karmic Astrology

I have not studied this topic, but I can share some of my brother's aspects. About 4 years ago, when he retired, he sold everything he owned and bought a 35 ft. ocean going sailboat. (As a young adult he had lived and worked on the ocean as an engineer). He has been sailing around the world, lives on his boat and is now in the South Pacific and likes that area quite a bit.

I think the pertinent placements are his:
Sag Moon (trines Mercury and Mars)
Ura/Venus in Cancer square Neptune
9h Aries

Julia

waybread

I'd look for prominent water signs.

Mars for boating in an athletic sense or joining the Navy.

For recreational boating, it should be a 5th house matter.

The moon rules emotional needs and one's home. If it's aboard ship, then this should show up in some way.

For "blue water" sailing, probably a 9th house matter, which anciently was described at the house of "journeys over water." Sagittarius and Jupiter, as well.

Sometimes if you sit with a chart for a while, you can get a feeling that here is a person who loves the sea.