Advanced Astrologers

Capricorn2616

To the advanced astrologers of this forum, how long did it take you to feel like you could morally interpret charts for other people? Was there a certain event that boosted your confidence, causing you feel like an adept astrologer?

AppLeo

To the advanced astrologers of this forum, how long did it take you to feel like you could morally interpret charts for other people? Was there a certain event that boosted your confidence, causing you feel like an adept astrologer?

What counts as an advanced astrologer?? I've been learning astrology for about two years. So I guess I'm a novice.

But I'll answer your question anyways :lol:

I think it's taking me forever to morally interpret charts. I learn new things everyday and get huge boosts in my confidence every time I make a chart interpretation for a friend or family member.

Capricorn2616

What counts as an advanced astrologer?? I've been learning astrology for about two years. So I guess I'm a novice.

But I'll answer your question anyways :lol:

I think it's taking me forever to morally interpret charts. I learn new things everyday and get huge boosts in my confidence every time I make a chart interpretation for a friend or family member.

Thanks for your response, AppLeo! That seems to be the best route ... I'm just always afraid of the moral ramifications if I say the wrong thing :unsure: Not that I'm spreading anything malicious. I became more inhibited when explaining the significance of Pluto in a chart to my girlfriend...I was trying to teach her about the process of death and rebirth, and she took it as something to be worried about. You just have to be careful with wording I guess! Pluto is transiting my Mercury ironically enough. :whistling:

AppLeo

Thanks for your response, AppLeo! That seems to be the best route ... I'm just always afraid of the moral ramifications if I say the wrong thing :unsure: Not that I'm spreading anything malicious. I became more inhibited when explaining the significance of Pluto in a chart to my girlfriend...I was trying to teach her about the process of death and rebirth, and she took it as something to be worried about. You just have to be careful with wording I guess! Pluto is transiting my Mercury ironically enough. :whistling:

:lol: I know what you mean. People take astrology quite literally, when really it has a lot of symbolism and more of a "eternal, open-minded, pisces, in general" kind of understanding. When I read about my Moon in the 8th I thought I was gonna die or something.. But then I realized it's more symbolic and a theme.

ashriia

I think it's easiest to begin with reading charts online, that way you can edit/proofread and not blurt something out that is not going to go over well. And always put yourself in the place of the native you are reading the chart for. Reading charts is a delicate process, and there is often censoring here and there. I think also if you are pinpointing an issue that is a bit sensitive in nature, you should close the analysis with some kind of positive solution or end result or balance. So you end things on a good note. Because after the reading the native will live with that information. And take for example someone with mental health issues or someone in a deep depression the last thing you want to do is unintentionally take their hope away. Its not that hard to end things positively though. Since every aspect/planet/configuration will have something positive to offer to the native.

Last edited:

Capricorn2616

I think it's easiest to begin with reading charts online, that way you can edit/proofread and not blurt something out that is not going to go over well. And always put yourself in the place of the native you are reading the chart for. Reading charts is a delicate process, and there is often censoring here and there. I think also if you are pinpointing an issue that is a bit sensitive in nature, you should close the analysis with some kind of positive solution or end result or balance. So you end things on a good note. Because after the reading the native will live with that information. And take for example someone with mental health issues or someone in a deep depression the last thing you want to do is unintentionally take their hope away. Its not that hard to end things positively though. Since every aspect/planet/configuration will have something positive to offer to the native.
Thank you, this is great advice. I will be implementing it the next time someone asks about their chart.

JUPITERASC

Thanks for your response, AppLeo!
That seems to be the best route ...

I'm just always afraid of the moral ramifications
if I say the wrong thing
:unsure:
Not that I'm spreading anything malicious.
I'm no expert, however there is detailed discussion on astrological morality issues :smile:
at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68195
as well as at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64628&highlight=morality
I became more inhibited when explaining the significance of Pluto in a chart to my girlfriend...
I was trying to teach her about the process of death and rebirth
and she took it as something to be worried about.
You just have to be careful with wording I guess!
Pluto is transiting my Mercury ironically enough.
:whistling:
HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101 http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57956
ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92935

Julia Karmic Astrology

Capricorn,

I think you are asking some great questions.
And I agree with the responses you have received.

As a field, astrology is very good teaching fundamentals and technical material.
However, for those who wish to conduct professional level readings, there is not as much
help and literature on the process, i.e., how to do a reading.

It is bit difficult in the beginning. When doing a reading, the astrologer must have learned
the technical basics of astrology. But then disseminate this to the client in a way that is helpful, respectful, ethical, and meaningful. And does no harm. Understanding the limitations and ethics of the profession is critical.

That said, at some point you have to start practicing. This kind of forum is a most excellent place to do so. The public nature of your readings, the written format, and other more experienced astrologers working with the same client, all lend to great training opportunities.

I think when you are doing a practicum so to speak, in training, you should disclose that to your client right off the bat. So they understand where you are in your career.

I would listen carefully to the client, and try to meet them where they are in terms of presenting problem, level of sophistication and understanding. Make sure you understand their question(s) and try to answer those questions. I would also stick to what you know, and if you don't know something, state that.

Also, my style is not scary, doom or gloom. I try to present material in a positive way, and if the material is difficult or challenging, I try to be tactful and sensitive.

Also you might want to carefully observe how the astrologers on this forum conduct a reading. Notice the strengths, weaknesses, etc. Everything here is grist for the mill and a wonderful learning opportunity.

Hope this helps.

Julia

rahu

Banned

hi Capricorn2616

in my case it wasn't a function of time. with 6 month of studying, breathing and dreaming astrology, I was already being told my readings were the best ever. but my yardstick was when I could predict the occurrence of the various points made in a chart. to me, without the ability to call the timing of a chart, one is a astrological philosopher. when I was able to predict the timing of chart ,i considered myself an astrologer . there was a distinct time when that occurred. in the ninth month after studying astrology , I had what can only be called a epiphany about the comprehensive nature of the node. I still remember the day and the time of day when this occurred.

rahu

Julia Karmic Astrology

It is wonderful to see so many people on this forum express an interest in the practice of astrology.

Perhaps there is a non-threatening, safer way for them to conduct readings. One idea is for some of the senior members to post their charts so students could conduct a practice reading. Another idea is to practice on redacted name celebrity charts. (I think a blind reading is better, no name on the chart).

And if any senior members are interested in teaching and mentoring, this would give them an opportunity to practice those skills. The best way to master any topic is to teach it!

I don't know if and how it could be done in terms of the forum rules and procedures, but these are some ideas to address the needs of students.

Julia

Osamenor

Staff member
I can't call myself an advanced astrologer yet, I'm just going on two years of study, but I interpret other people's charts to the best of my ability. This forum is a great place to do it. I joined at the beginning of my astrology studies, to get help with understanding it for myself, and within days, I found that I could answer some people's questions about their charts, just by plugging in what I knew about chart interpretation.

I've just started interpreting solar returns and transits, a step above basic natal chart interpretation, and I'm still very novice at it. But I can still see plenty and explain it, and that works.

betsisites

Capricorn2616-To the advanced astrologers of this forum said:
In my case, it took about 30 years of studying Astrology before I had confidence to do charts professionally, ie. for money. The event that precipitated it was putting up a website, www.astrology2000.com, which I did in 1997. Within 3 weeks I had an offer to do an Astrology Radio show, 1/2 hour per week for 3 months. It cost money but was an offer that felt like an affirmation, and after a successful Radio debut, I started doing charts professionally, and still do... now ~20 years later... that's a long time for you 2-year students!

Astrologyindia

Those people who are not beginners rather have sufficient knowledge about astrology can further upgrade their astrological knowledge by Clear these Topics in Astrology. That is most important topic you need to learn for Advanced Astrology.

1. First Healing Science
2. Secrets of Astrology Unveiled
3. Higher Education Gift of ninth House
4. Remedial aspect Of Astrology
5. What is Correct niryan or sayan
6. Timing of event through dasa and transit
7. Exaltation and debilitation of planets

Abby83

I think astrology is one thing that a person can learn for their whole life. There is ALWAYS something new to learn. I've been taking a very long time to improve my astrology because I learn from experience, practice using various charts, and my need to answer life's questions. I learn through ppl better than a text.

For many yrs up until last yr I occasionally paid to see an astrologer for answers I needed. Now it turns out I know more than him. :joyful:

RaRohini

hi Capricorn2616

in my case it wasn't a function of time. with 6 month of studying, breathing and dreaming astrology, I was already being told my readings were the best ever. but my yardstick was when I could predict the occurrence of the various points made in a chart. to me, without the ability to call the timing of a chart, one is a astrological philosopher. when I was able to predict the timing of chart ,i considered myself an astrologer . there was a distinct time when that occurred. in the ninth month after studying astrology , I had what can only be called a epiphany about the comprehensive nature of the node. I still remember the day and the time of day when this occurred.

rahu

Ditto for me !! It was 8 months of intense questioning of the self.but mostly i feel Lord Indra struck me with his thunderbolt under Scorpio Jyestha.