Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Research and Development

Research and Development This is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas, re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation, and the exploration of new astrological methods of all kinds (e.g. heliocentric models, planetary nodes and apogees, etc.).

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:18 PM

and they're off

When the planets started.......Day One

Do you think that they all started at 0 degrees Aries, at once......like at the horse races........?

How many years back would we have to go? to achieve 0 degrees Aries for all planets? and is it possible to go back that far?

Unread 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
When the planets started.......Day One

Do you think that they all started at 0 degrees Aries, at once......like at the horse races........?

How many years back would we have to go? to achieve 0 degrees Aries for all planets? and is it possible to go back that far?

The planets formed about 4.5 billion (i.e., 4500 million) years ago in a swirling disc of cosmic dust and gases. It is unlikely that they lined up for us astrologers.

The universe was not created to satisfy our whims and fantasies.

The Moon came later, wasn't present at "the beginning".

Hubble has gone back to about 12.5 billion years, and the Webb telescope should peer back even deeper into time when launched next year.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-08-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Unread 09-08-2019, 10:09 PM

Re: and they're off

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
The planets formed about 4.5 billion (i.e., 4500 million) years ago in a swirling disc of cosmic dust and gases. It is unlikely that they lined up for us astrologers.

Correct, more likely we were lined up for their whims and fantasies.

The universe was not created to satisfy our whims and fantasies.

The Moon came later, wasn't present at "the beginning".

The moon is not a planet

Hubble has gone back to about 12.5 billion years, and the Webb telescope should peer back even deeper into time when launched next year.

Do you know if it has ever recorded all of the planets in Aries?
My Uranus sextile Mercury exact gets thinking sometimes......
Unread 09-09-2019, 12:58 AM

I'm an astrologer. The Moon is a planet and so is Pluto
I don't care if they lined up in Aries...and to my knowledge they never did. That doesn't teach me any astrology. Pointless thinking.
Unread 09-09-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I'm an astrologer. The Moon is a planet and so is Pluto
I don't care if they lined up in Aries...and to my knowledge they never did. That doesn't teach me any astrology. Pointless thinking.
I am quite comfortable with having no one answer my thread. More so than someone who would seem to have nothing to say on the subject. It would be pointless discussing it with you
Unread 09-09-2019, 03:44 AM

At this point, you'd have more luck researching mythology if you want to get at astrological "planetary origins".

You could start here. http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2...e-thema-mundi/. The zoroastrian's take have the planets showing up in their exaltations. https://classicalastrologer.me/2017/...ahishn-part-i/

Enough key phrases for you to make the track backward into history.
Unread 09-09-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
At this point, you'd have more luck researching mythology if you want to get at astrological "planetary origins".

You could start here. http://horoscopicastrologyblog.com/2...e-thema-mundi/. The zoroastrian's take have the planets showing up in their exaltations. https://classicalastrologer.me/2017/...ahishn-part-i/

Enough key phrases for you to make the track backward into history.
Thank you CT! I have read a lot of the world mythologies. A large part of my thoughts come from them.

The sites are much appreciated. Have a great day! Opal
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-09-2019)
Unread 09-11-2019, 11:39 PM

0 degrees Aries is said to give strength, to any planet conjunct it. It is said that tight aspects to it are found in the natal charts of famous and popular personas.

We have to of had a starting point. Maybe billions of years ago.

I like the concept of all planets starting from 0 degrees Aries.

They had to start somewhere.......
Unread 09-11-2019, 11:40 PM

It is also a mystical point. There must be a reason why.
Unread 09-11-2019, 11:44 PM

1st degree of Aries (0- 1)

FIRST GERM OF INNOVATION
Emergence out of the realm of potentiality
​into the realm of reality
Everything that ever comes to pass has had its first beginnings in the realm of potentiality, the ghost of an idea not formed, neither expressed nor explicit yet, in seed form, containing the unconscious potential for mature realisation.

The vast majority of seeds are not germinated and so fail to realise their potential. In the beginning, to become an individual, we need to emerge from the sea of the collective unconsciousness to 'leave the womb'. First the desire is simply to be, because it is still far from certain whether survival itself can be attained.

Rudhyar:
A WOMAN JUST RISEN FROM THE SEA, A SEAL IS EMBRACING HER
Unread 09-19-2019, 04:22 PM

I AM

The key words for 0 degrees Aries.

Perfect for the introduction of any and all entities and planets.

For them to evolve from.

At their individual rates.
Unread 09-20-2019, 03:58 AM

or maybe one would prefer to believe that each planet started from 0 degrees in their own sign.......nah......it doesn't suit me.......I like the ponies.......I prefer the 0 Aries theory......
Unread 09-20-2019, 04:13 AM

The planets in their Aries Point are fresh and strong. They emit clearly the action of the planet.
More so than in 0 degrees of their home.
When a planet or point conjuncts the AP the nature and energy drive of that planet has the added thrust or urge to express collectively. It may also represent what the public at large recognize most readily in us, or remember us for.
Sun-AP Can mean our energy, vitality and drive seeks to express through society. People see us for our solar qualities and we propel our creative drive into the collective. The famous individual.
Moon-AP Suggests that our inner world of feelings, reflections and intuition expresses in public ways, and these qualities are noticed by the collective. The famous psychic.
Mercury-AP Can mean our intellect, thoughts and ways of communicating capture the public eye. We are recognized as being witty, bright, mercurial, and clever. The famous writer.
Venus-AP Can mean our sensual, accommodating ability to connect and bond with others moves out into a greater social arena. People see us for our capricious, artistic and ingratiating qualities. The famous artist.
Eros-APSuggests our passionate desire for erotic transformation is noticed by the collective. People see our potent energy as tantalizing or threatening, according to their own views. The famous courtesan.
Mars-AP Suggests our assertive, direct and action oriented qualities grab the attention of society. We are seen as commanding, raw and imposing. The famous warrior.
Jupiter-APCan mean our leadership qualities, expansiveness, optimism and call for justice capture the attention of the collective. We are seen for our vision, immensity, and joviality. The famous world leader.
Saturn-APSuggests our ability to build tangible results through persistent and sustained effort is highlighted by public acclaim. We are seen for our ambition, caution and pragmatic detail. The famous corporate director.
Chiron-AP suggests renown for our ability to teach, understand, strive for the impossible and restore compassion. We are seen as a healer for those who have lost faith or are in despair. The famous Guru.
Uranus-AP suggests our ability to make sudden changes, rebel against dogmatic convictions and break out of the safety zone is noticed by society. We are seen as surprising, inventive and inspiring. The famous revolutionary.
Neptune-AP The longing for the divine and the desire to merge with the collective unconscious is captured by the projection of society. We are seen as the public want to see us. The famous movie star.
Pluto-AP The ruthless drive for power and control is noticed socially as it wrestles with the need to plumb the depths of the unconscious mind. We are seen for our potent qualities, the dark hero who can be transformed. The famous eccentric.
Ascendant-AP Being known for personality traits and interactions in the world. Having famous friends!
Midheaven-AP known for social achievement through career, mission or profession. Working with famous people!
North Node-AP Being known for following the path to the future. Having a famous guide!
South Node-AP Being known for redeeming the path of the past. Being a guide to others.