Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 08-29-2019, 12:54 AM

Astrological Signature

My astrological signature is Libra. My chart is made up of mostly air signs but my moon and sun are in earth signs. How does your astrological signature define you?

Unread 08-29-2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovee1982 View Post
My astrological signature is Libra. My chart is made up of mostly air signs but my moon and sun are in earth signs. How does your astrological signature define you?
My chart is made up of air and fire 🔥 not a lot of water and hardly any earth despite being a Capricorn!

My moon is in a fire sign and my sun has mars in it. I have a fire stellium in H3 and air stellium in H1

Libra is my astrological signature too!
Unread 08-29-2019, 02:55 AM

Re: Astrological Signature

What does that mean, astrological signature?
Unread 08-29-2019, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
What does that mean, astrological signature?
I think it's a reference to the "astrological signature" feature on Astroseek. Go there and insert your chart and see for yourself.

For the OP: according to Astroseek I don't have any signature. But I disagree with how Astroseek calculate signatures. It doesn't add more weight to Asc and Sun and Moon, which contradicts what it does when it calculates sign and planetary strength.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:01 AM

I have an Air preponderance, and heavy Fixed preponderance. The weight of these preponderances points to an Aquarius "overtone".

Different procedure, same idea. I think perhaps there are better ways to approach chart interpretation.

Thanks Gem888.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-29-2019 at 04:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (08-29-2019)
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
My chart is made up of air and fire 🔥 not a lot of water and hardly any earth despite being a Capricorn!

My moon is in a fire sign and my sun has mars in it. I have a fire stellium in H3 and air stellium in H1

Libra is my astrological signature too!

I am also a Capricorn, Moon in Virgo. Stellium in H12 and H8 with house H8 all being in the sign of Libra. I have Aquarius Ascendant, Venus, and Mercury.
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I have an Air preponderance, and heavy Fixed preponderance. The weight of these preponderances points to an Aquarius "overtone".

Different procedure, same idea. I think perhaps there are better ways to approach chart interpretation.

Thanks Gem888.
When you say an Aquairus overtone what does that mean? Also, astrological signature is it even something to concider?
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:51 AM

I don't use it.
There are too many other, better techniques.

Aquarius overtone....
Air preponderance + Fixed preponderance = Aquarius, the Fixed Air sign. Supposedly the personality/destiny have an Aquarian cast. But that tells little.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-29-2019 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:

Thanks Gem888.
I agree. My chart is too scattered to determine a signature sign anyway. It's much better to look at charts as a whole.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 08-29-2019, 02:57 PM

Arrow Re: Astrological Signature

As an Aquarius sun conjunct moon, Saturn and Uranus are my dominant planets...and surprisingly, Neptune is my dominant planet outside my ruling planets.

In my triplicity stellium in the 3rd house under Virgo, Jupiter is weakened by the presence and aspects of Mars and Saturn. No mention of dwarf planets Ceres and Eris conjunct Venus, these 3 are of a feminine nature.

And note Chiron in Taurus and Lilith in Virgo, both are earth signs.

Dominant Planets
Planet Sign
(?) House
(?) Angle
(?) Ruler
(excl.) Aspects
(excl.) SUM
Points Dominant
%
Sun +0 +0 +0 +0 +7 7 9.46%
Moon +3 +0 +0 +0 +0 3 4.05%
Mercury +0 +0 +0 +6 +1 7 9.46%
Venus +0 +1 +0 +1 +0 2 2.7%
Mars +2 +0 +0 +1 +3 6 8.11%
Jupiter +0 +0 +0 +1 +2 3 4.05%
Saturn +4 +0 +3 +0 +4 11 14.86%
Uranus +5 +0 +0 +2 +4 11 14.86%
Neptune +4 +0 +0 +2 +7 13 17.57%
Pluto +1 +0 +0 +1 +6 8 10.81%
Dominant Element
Element SunMoonASC Pers.
(?) Transp.
(?) Dom.
(?) SUM
Points Dominant
%
Fire +0 +2 +1 +2 5 18.52%
Earth +0 +4 +1 +2 7 25.93%
Air +9 +0 +1 +0 10 37.04%
Water +0 +2 +1 +2 5 18.52%
Signature Sign (?)
EL: 2xFire, 3xEarth, 4xAir, 2xWater - MOD: 2xCardinal, 3xFixed, 6xMutable (incl. ASC)
4x Air + 6x Mutable = Gemini Signature

Yes, Gemini indicates my ability to communicate well, an interest in science and politics, and the desire to obtain wealth by going into business (Mercury in Pisces and Pluto in Libra).

I believe my feminine side (genderfluid bio-male) has to do with the Moon and Venus, my Mercury placement is between the Sun/Moon conjunction and Venus in Aries next to the MC or midheaven.

And I'm definitely an Air sign: Aquarius with Gemini and I suppose Libra in between.
Unread 08-29-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
As an Aquarius sun conjunct moon, Saturn and Uranus are my dominant planets...and surprisingly, Neptune is my dominant planet outside my ruling planets.

In my triplicity stellium in the 3rd house under Virgo, Jupiter is weakened by the presence and aspects of Mars and Saturn. No mention of dwarf planets Ceres and Eris conjunct Venus, these 3 are of a feminine nature.

And note Chiron in Taurus and Lilith in Virgo, both are earth signs.

Dominant Planets
Planet Sign
(?) House
(?) Angle
(?) Ruler
(excl.) Aspects
(excl.) SUM
Points Dominant
%
Sun +0 +0 +0 +0 +7 7 9.46%
Moon +3 +0 +0 +0 +0 3 4.05%
Mercury +0 +0 +0 +6 +1 7 9.46%
Venus +0 +1 +0 +1 +0 2 2.7%
Mars +2 +0 +0 +1 +3 6 8.11%
Jupiter +0 +0 +0 +1 +2 3 4.05%
Saturn +4 +0 +3 +0 +4 11 14.86%
Uranus +5 +0 +0 +2 +4 11 14.86%
Neptune +4 +0 +0 +2 +7 13 17.57%
Pluto +1 +0 +0 +1 +6 8 10.81%
Dominant Element
Element SunMoonASC Pers.
(?) Transp.
(?) Dom.
(?) SUM
Points Dominant
%
Fire +0 +2 +1 +2 5 18.52%
Earth +0 +4 +1 +2 7 25.93%
Air +9 +0 +1 +0 10 37.04%
Water +0 +2 +1 +2 5 18.52%
Signature Sign (?)
EL: 2xFire, 3xEarth, 4xAir, 2xWater - MOD: 2xCardinal, 3xFixed, 6xMutable (incl. ASC)
4x Air + 6x Mutable = Gemini Signature

Yes, Gemini indicates my ability to communicate well, an interest in science and politics, and the desire to obtain wealth by going into business (Mercury in Pisces and Pluto in Libra).

I believe my feminine side (genderfluid bio-male) has to do with the Moon and Venus, my Mercury placement is between the Sun/Moon conjunction and Venus in Aries next to the MC or midheaven.

And I'm definitely an Air sign: Aquarius with Gemini and I suppose Libra in between.

I can think of better methods. Reduction of the chart to an agglomeration of signs is hardly the basis for a comprehensive and accurate horoscopy.

Last edited by greybeard; 08-29-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Unread 08-29-2019, 04:33 PM

Zane in the Church of Light's writings has a whole book on Astrological Signatures. I was never able to get into it.
Unread 08-31-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovee1982 View Post
Also, astrological signature is it even something to consider?
The focus for an astrological signature I've usually studied is to find the planet that rules the chart. Planets are the actors, the operators, the power to direct one's life. Astrologers have always looked to see what dominates. It could be seen through use of the final dispositor or Sun sign. "Sun sign" has been shown to be a week symbol as a final signature as many say they don't fit their Sun sign.

This idea of the Master of the Nativity can be seen as early as the ancient astrologer Vettius Valens in 100 BCE. The idea was the planet had power to characterize the entire life. "Makes clear what kind of person the native will be. What kind of foundation his livelihood will have. What his character will be. What sort of body, health and appearance he will have"

It's a little complicated technique to determine the signature but studying famous people's charts has shown it to be a powerful tool in reading a natal chart, imo.

Mars is the ruler of my chart. It is peregrine and having lived a full life I can say feeling like I don't belong is prevalent in my character. In Virgo I strive to be perfect feeling that is what is needed to belong. A losing endeavor for sure. :-) Although, I did use this trait for a successful cleaning business. People loved the way I clean their home and my going above and beyond gave me the ability to feel connected to others is some way.

MD
Unread 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM

With no aspects or rulers, Uranus and Jupiter are in a tie. With aspects, Uranus wins. With rulers, Jupiter wins. With both, Uranus wins with a landslide. (Though Sun and Jupiter get a fair tie as second most effective)

Element and modality wise, Sag is the clear winner here: 6 fire, 3 air, 1 token water and 0 earth (apparently MC doesn't count for that, which is the only earth in my main chart lol) with 5 mutable, 3 cardinal, 2 fixed.

My Uranus is in Aquarius, Jupiter in Pisces and Sun in Sagittarius, so it being a tug of war between Aquarius social concerns and Pisces just wanting to draw back to its shell to live in its fantasy world added to sign signature being mutual fire Sag (supported by Aries being in asc&moon positions, cardinal fire being at play as well) makes sense I suppose lol

Tags
astrological, signature