Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Unread 05-19-2014, 08:10 PM
The Ram's Avatar
The Ram The Ram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The outer limits
Posts: 413
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Traditionally, a key to understanding the Moon's location in Capricorn
is that traditionally for births during the daytime, the Moon has no dignity in Capricorn and is therefore peregrine

Those born at night time are fortunate to have their Moon in Triplicity which is at least some dignity - not much, but better than nothing, since the Moon is saved from being Peregrine

useful thread discusses Peregrine status of planets at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=45152



http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

Triplicity rulership doesnt just prevent peregrine status it actually nearly cancels out the debility altogether since a Cap moon at night has only a -1 debility.

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Unread 08-08-2014, 10:01 PM
ThunderGoddess's Avatar
ThunderGoddess ThunderGoddess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saturn
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderGoddess
Red face Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I am a proud owner of Cap moon. I really love almost everything in my natal chart, but the Cap moon is probably the thing I like most about myself. In the next few lines I will try to tell you why is that.
The first myth about Capricorn moons which I see you have discussed is that people born under this unfience, are emotionless. No, they aren't. I see many people discussing planetary deability in one unappropriate and non-constructive (in my opinion) way - it's like the rulership/exaltation of the planet is always a good thing and detriment/ fall is always the bad thing, but we live in a Universe were there is no good or bad, there is just energy. Detriment actually represents the same energy like the rulership, but from different perspective. So, astrologically speaking, a Capricorn moon has the same qualities and quantities of energy which a Moon in Cancer has. It's just that we are psychologically programmed to use it in a different way and for different purposes.

Because Capricorn Moon is under the unfluence of Saturn I think everyone here will find understandable that everything a person with Moon in Capricorn does is motivated and has purpose behind it. That's why we look so emotionless because we don't just throw away emotional energy for nothing. I find that very helpful considering the fact that there are a lot of people living in some emotoional nightimares they made by themselves and they can't escape them because they threw so much energy in them. They allow to be humiliated and unappriciated because they can't cool down their emotions and go on with their life. That really "great" lifetime scenario hasn't happened to me, because it doesn't matter how much I love someone, I always consciously, but most of the time subconsciously, control the emotional flow and I can stop it in any time and just leave. I am not that kind of person who lets people use them and I don't think anyone with Moon in Capricon is, because when our patience is over (and we have a lot of patience) the emotional flow is just cut down. Some will say that this means we calculate everything and we use people, but it's not like that - I mean everyone wishes to give love and support to the right people and nobody likes when all the love they give isn't appriciated.
The bad side of this little trickery is when a Capricorn moon is upset, depressed or suppressed this emotional control is going too far which is like highway to health issues and psychological breakdown.

Another thing I notice about people with Moon in Capricorn is they show their feelings by deeds, not by words. I sometimes really wonder while looking at people - they talk so much about what something means to them, they cry so much about it, they react so intensivly about it, but when it comes to work which has to be done so they can get that thing, they just give up or don't to the necessary things.

So yeah, you probably won't find a lot of people born under this moon sign who can give you shoulder to cry on, because for them crying in front of someone is overly dramatic, but they are that kind of people who will give you advice when you are in difficult situation or will do anything in their power to better your position.
I've been called heartless many, many times, even my own mother and my sister have used that word to describe me and my behaviour, but I just accept people's reactions and don't care a lot, because I know they are wrong. Since I accepted who I am and what I am, there are a lot of situations in my life where people who used to call me heartless have found the support they searched for so long from me.
__________________

Last edited by ThunderGoddess; 08-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderGoddess For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (08-08-2014)
  #128  
Unread 08-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Flapjacks's Avatar
Flapjacks Flapjacks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 953
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post

Because Capricorn Moon is under the unfluence of Saturn I think everyone here will find understandable that everything a person with Moon in Capricorn does is motivated and has purpose behind it. That's why we look so emotionless because we don't just throw away emotional energy for nothing. I find that very helpful considering the fact that there are a lot of people living in some emotoional nightimares they made by themselves and they can't escape them because they threw so much energy in them. They allow to be humiliated and unappriciated because they can't cool down their emotions and go on with their life. That really "great" lifetime scenario hasn't happened to me, because it doesn't matter how much I love someone, I always consciously, but most of the time subconsciously, control the emotional flow and I can stop it in any time and just leave.
Very similar to how I think of Cap Moon that I just posted in the appreciation thread. It'd be great if you could contribute there as to bypass all the nasty comments in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post
So yeah, you probably won't find a lot of people born under this moon sign who can give you shoulder to cry on, because for them crying in front of someone is overly dramatic, but they are that kind of people who will give you advice when you are in difficult situation or will do anything in their power to better your position.
I have Cancer Sun opposed Cap Moon that makes a trine/sextile to Jupiter in Pisces, so this may be a little different for me. I find myself easily able to let people cry on my shoulder if they need to, but crying on theirs is hard. I don't think I've cried in front of someone since I was a kid. It's very hard to be vulnerable, because I feel like people won't accept that from me. But when others are vulnerable in front of me (partly because of this fear) I try to be very accepting of them.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Unread 08-08-2014, 11:55 PM
piscesascendant piscesascendant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 452
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post
I've been called heartless many, many times, even my own mother and my sister have used that word to describe me and my behaviour, but I just accept people's reactions and don't care a lot, because I know they are wrong.
.

That should tell you something if you've been called that repeatedly, even by your own family.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Unread 08-09-2014, 12:21 AM
ThunderGoddess's Avatar
ThunderGoddess ThunderGoddess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saturn
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderGoddess
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesascendant View Post
.

That should tell you something if you've been called that repeatedly, even by your own family.
Yeah, it tells me it's much easier for people to use rude words and agression than to try to understand other people and the way they think and they live, but for me it doesn't matter because I am happy to be myself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Unread 08-09-2014, 01:20 AM
piscesascendant piscesascendant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 452
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post
Yeah, it tells me it's much easier for people to use rude words and agression than to try to understand other people and the way they think and they live, but for me it doesn't matter because I am happy to be myself.
lol sounds like it.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Unread 08-09-2014, 08:28 AM
Bunraku's Avatar
Bunraku Bunraku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,362
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by may28gemini View Post
cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved.
This is true to the Cap Moon I knew.

She had everything else in Cap, her Saturn in Aries squaring her 4th house Cap Stellium. She tried to do the "right thing" by not cursing or getting into arguments with everyone. When I sat at her table, just kidding around, the people around her suddenly started attacking me and she just sat there and did nothing! I even went to her for support because one of the teachers was being a beeyootch to me, and she says I was wrong without knowing the whole story. Umm Ok... And she expects me to be around her ...because ... ?
She is so clingy too, probably got it from her sisters and keeps trying to cage me in and trying to keep me in one place.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Unread 08-09-2014, 09:22 AM
ThunderGoddess's Avatar
ThunderGoddess ThunderGoddess is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Saturn
Posts: 77
Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderGoddess
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved.
I know people with Cap moons who are not like that. I am not like that, too. Yeah, I always do the right thing, but not according to social criteria, I have my own criteria to decide which is right and which is not. When I am at my worst, I tend to underestimate the oppionion of other people.
Yeah, cap moon's oppinion usually is following the traditions and society's expectations but that's because cap moon can see the reason behind something to be the way it is.
__________________

Last edited by ThunderGoddess; 08-09-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Unread 05-29-2019, 12:39 AM
moorz moorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Thumbs up Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesascendant View Post
.

That should tell you something if you've been called that repeatedly, even by your own family.

I just want to say I admire your patience. So many people were triggered by your initial post (that wasn't even that offensive to begin with) that it triggered me! loll


I'm a long time lurker of this forum but I decided now would be a good time to contribute.


In my opinion, Cap moons are VERY sensitive, arrogant and have a tendency to steam-roll people. So I agree that they are in-fact cold - I wouldn't say because they're emotionless tho but because they're emotionally...stupid.


Stupid as in low-emotional IQ, they often misinterpret things with an emotional context. i.e. THIS THREAD where it seems they also a major issue w/ defensiveness.

Last edited by moorz; 05-29-2019 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Unread 05-29-2019, 09:24 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,246
Smile Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGoddess View Post
I know people with Cap moons who are not like that. I am not like that, too. Yeah, I always do the right thing, but not according to social criteria, I have my own criteria to decide which is right and which is not. When I am at my worst, I tend to underestimate the oppionion of other people.
Yeah, cap moon's oppinion usually is following the traditions and society's expectations but that's because cap moon can see the reason behind something to be the way it is.
Sounds like Cap Moon's are very aware of their own feelings as they relate to others. I have the (possibly wrong) impression that it's a gloomy placement.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Unread 05-29-2019, 09:57 AM
DaniJade89's Avatar
DaniJade89 DaniJade89 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 29
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I'm not a Cap Moon but my strongest aspect in my chart is Moon Square Saturn and I'm a Capricorn Ascendant. I've been told by all my exes and past friendships, post break up, that I was cold and emotionless. Totally not true at all, except that's how I move on is putting up a wall around my emotions. I'm the biggest sook there is deep down, tbh. Yet I'll never tell anyone.

I dated a Cap Moon once. We both thought the other was cold and detached, which is obviously far from the truth. I think Capricorns are very aware of how they come across, how they behave. When it's the moon, then they're aware of how they should feel. We don't want to look dumb, weak or lose our power. Pride is our biggest downfall.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaniJade89 For This Useful Post:
moorz (05-29-2019)
  #137  
Unread 05-29-2019, 12:11 PM
moorz moorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniJade89 View Post
I dated a Cap Moon once. We both thought the other was cold and detached, which is obviously far from the truth. I think Capricorns are very aware of how they come across, how they behave. When it's the moon, then they're aware of how they should feel. We don't want to look dumb, weak or lose our power. Pride is our biggest downfall.

Good looks on the honesty!
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Unread 05-30-2019, 09:39 AM
katydid katydid is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,801
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I have my Moon in Cap in the 8th house. I am not cold and detached---unless I want to be.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Blaze (06-23-2019)
  #139  
Unread 06-27-2019, 12:10 AM
CrankyCap CrankyCap is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I think the OP is arguing for the sake of arguing... but if you want my piece of it (as another Cap moon), everyone has flaws, it's humane and makes us much more approachable than being perfect. We Caps don't like being insecure about ourselves but it's better doubt youself a bit than being over-confident and arrogant (been there too). It takes work to find balance, and even if you do, you can lose it any day out of some **** mishap.



Tell me Piscesasc, do you have any flaws that you might have to work on?
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Unread 06-27-2019, 09:25 PM
moorz moorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Question Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyCap View Post
I think the OP is arguing for the sake of arguing... but if you want my piece of it (as another Cap moon), everyone has flaws, it's humane and makes us much more approachable than being perfect. We Caps don't like being insecure about ourselves but it's better doubt youself a bit than being over-confident and arrogant (been there too). It takes work to find balance, and even if you do, you can lose it any day out of some **** mishap.



Tell me Piscesasc, do you have any flaws that you might have to work on?

What is your problem? The OP just asked a simple question and kept it civil throughout - so why are you attacking him/her in such a petty manner?



I'm starting to think the OP might be on to something about Cap moons after all...
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Unread 06-27-2019, 09:43 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,246
Smile Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorz View Post
What is your problem? The OP just asked a simple question and kept it civil throughout - so why are you attacking him/her in such a petty manner?



I'm starting to think the OP might be on to something about Cap moons after all...
Moon in Caps are "fault-finders", their own and everyone else's. They're not "blamers" though. Similar to Sun Virgos.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Unread 06-27-2019, 10:22 PM
moorz moorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Moon in Caps are "fault-finders", their own and everyone else's. They're not "blamers" though. Similar to Sun Virgos.
Regardless they can be held accountable like any other person?
I often find Cap moons to have this *weird nasty streak.



It's weird because it seems to come out of nowhere, and gives you an ugly glimpse of who they really are.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Unread 06-27-2019, 10:27 PM
CrankyCap CrankyCap is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorz View Post
What is your problem? The OP just asked a simple question and kept it civil throughout - so why are you attacking him/her in such a petty manner?



I'm starting to think the OP might be on to something about Cap moons after all...
I'm not attacking them. Just saying how I see it. If I took your approach and used it to analyze the OP's attitude, I could also say they're the one attacking Cap moons.


Anyway, if they have bad experiences about Cap moons, they have every right to ask and vent. I also provided my views on it.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Unread 06-27-2019, 10:41 PM
moorz moorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 8
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyCap View Post
I'm not attacking them. Just saying how I see it. If I took your approach and used it to analyze the OP's attitude, I could also say they're the one attacking Cap moons.


Anyway, if they have bad experiences about Cap moons, they have every right to ask and vent. I also provided my views on it.

Nah

You're projecting and deflecting responsibility once you got called out.




One thing this thread and responses have shown me though, is how sensitive cap moons tend to be. (internally)
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Unread 06-27-2019, 10:44 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,246
Smile Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorz View Post
Regardless they can be held accountable like any other person?
I often find Cap moons to have this *weird nasty streak.



It's weird because it seems to come out of nowhere, and gives you an ugly glimpse of who they really are.
Actually, it seems weird because it runs counter to who they really are. Otherwise, it would be their normal behavior.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
moorz (06-27-2019)
  #146  
Unread 06-27-2019, 10:50 PM
CrankyCap CrankyCap is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorz View Post
Nah

You're projecting and deflecting responsibility once you got called out.




One thing this thread and responses have shown me though, is how sensitive cap moons tend to be. (internally)
Nope. I stated an opinion, you can of course tell me where exactly I'm attacking the OP in "petty manner", instead of telling them that just because s/he seems flaws in us doesn't make them flawless, thus I advised to look into the mirror too. I take responsibility of stating an opinion, but not attacking the OP in petty manner, as attack was not intended. You might want to clarify your own motives tho.



We may also continue the conversation through PM as I feel this thread is getting sidetracked from the OP's wish to keep it to the topic.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Unread 06-27-2019, 11:24 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,246
Smile Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyCap View Post
Nope. I stated an opinion, you can of course tell me where exactly I'm attacking the OP in "petty manner", instead of telling them that just because s/he seems flaws in us doesn't make them flawless, thus I advised to look into the mirror too. I take responsibility of stating an opinion, but not attacking the OP in petty manner, as attack was not intended. You might want to clarify your own motives tho.



We may also continue the conversation through PM as I feel this thread is getting sidetracked from the OP's wish to keep it to the topic.
Hey, nobody's perfect!
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Unread 06-27-2019, 11:33 PM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 800
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Other positions and aspects aside, how do you cheer or make laugh a Capricorn moon?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
katydid (06-28-2019)
  #149  
Unread 06-28-2019, 05:14 AM
katydid katydid is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,801
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Capricorn Moons are natural comedians. Many of the most famous and iconic comics have heavy Capricorn influences.

Cap Moons have great senses of humour. I am married to a comedy writer and we have endured 37 years of marriage because we laugh a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Unread 07-23-2019, 02:23 PM
Leo11 Leo11 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 17
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I have a Capricorn moon.

Family and close friends know I'm very caring and affectionate. With other people I seem to appear cold and harsh. It seems to be difficult with a Capricorn moon to express my feelings. I find it frustrating.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leo11 For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-24-2019)
Reply

Tags
capricorn, capricorngrrrr, moon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Astrological Parts. Known and Unknown...a project piercethevale Astrological Parts 241 06-19-2018 08:22 PM
Whole sign houses and the MC Moog Houses & cusps 190 12-12-2011 11:27 AM
Tough Times Mark-Alexis Read My Chart 42 07-27-2011 04:44 AM
Capricorn Full Moon July 15: Your Inner Authority 2stepbay Recommendations 0 07-15-2011 02:50 AM
A Natal chart for fun. Bob Natal Astrology 48 04-16-2007 04:52 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.