A few questions about the planets

wilsontc

Staff member
Modern and Traditional, to Yony

Yony,

What you post is generally true in Modern astrology but not that true in Traditional astrology (which is what Jupiter is talking about). So the answer is: it depends on what type of astrology you are talking about.

About the two astrologies,

Tim

YonyGursho

Significations of Sun :smile:

also Jupiter

I'm not sure if you read it or not, but I made a huge comment earlier debunking those claims about the supposed "significations of sun and Jupiter" that you have posted.

Although I do agree that sun represents the typical common king and Jupiter represents the elected king.

JUPITERASC

You are ignoring what I just said.
not at all :smile:

The Earth with all its inhabitants are under constant causal planetary influence, this is made more easily perceptible with the Sun due its size and the obviousness of its seasonal changes, for the closer it approaches the zenith, the more it affects us with heat and dryness, which in turn influences the smallest particles of matter and seed.
In the case of the Sun, its obvious effluence is heat and dryness. The tropical zodiac also has observable nature through the four seasons, and the four elements that attend them. The Moon and the five planets have other observed emanations (of heat, moisture, dryness and cold) traditionally, derived mainly from rationalistic conjecture and experience.

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure if you read it or not, but
I made a huge comment earlier
debunking those claims about the supposed
"significations of sun and Jupiter" that you have posted.
Although I do agree that sun represents the typical common king
and Jupiter represents the elected king.
It's obvious you are unaware that you debunked nothing :smile:
The significations of Sun and Jupiter are as already posted
quite simply
your opinion is different
and that's fine
there's plenty of disagreement amongst astrologers

YonyGursho

not at all :smile:

Except none of this proves what you're saying. Just because the sun gives birth to what we know as the natural seasons of weather, doesn't somehow automatically mean that the sun = the typical king archetype/authority over the masses, although it does certainly IMPLY so is the case, as it giving heat/light to the planets it does can be interpreted to be a symbolical representation of the sun's character and it's traits.

I am aware that the sun is hot and dry, and it also happens to be one of the three fire element ruled planets, and the sun does rule leo, which is the sign of inheritance and royalty. However, I am going to disagree with the notion that simply because the sun gives light/heat to the rest of the solar system, it must mean that the sun somehow represents authority over the masses.

I mean every planet is dry and cold or very hot, except for earth and the sun.

I mean venus is incredibly hot, yet it is an air sign, which is the opposite element of the sun/leo, so the notion that the element a planet is is reflected in it's physical characteristics or temperature is just ridiculous.

JUPITERASC

Except none of this proves what you're saying. Just because the sun gives birth to what we know as the natural seasons of weather, doesn't somehow automatically mean that the sun = the typical king archetype/authority over the masses, although it does certainly IMPLY so is the case, as it giving heat/light to the planets it does can be interpreted to be a symbolical representation of the sun's character and it's traits.

I am aware that the sun is hot and dry, and it also happens to be one of the three fire element ruled planets, and the sun does rule leo, which is the sign of inheritance and royalty. However, I am going to disagree with the notion that simply because the sun gives light/heat to the rest of the solar system, it must mean that the sun somehow represents authority over the masses.

I mean every planet is dry and cold or very hot, except for earth and the sun.

I mean venus is incredibly hot, yet it is an air sign, which is the opposite element of the sun/leo, so the notion that the element a planet is is reflected in it's physical characteristics or temperature is just ridiculous.
perhaps you did not notice
moderator wilsontc commented on this thread :smile:
and I quote:

Yony,

What you post is generally true in Modern astrology

but not that true in Traditional astrology

(which is what Jupiter is talking about).

So the answer is: it depends on what type of astrology you are talking about.

About the two astrologies,

Tim

YonyGursho

perhaps you did not notice
moderator wilsontc commented on this thread :smile:
and I quote:

Well modern astrology makes more sense than traditional astrology. Thats why what we know as modern astrology is what is used today and accepted more widely than traditional astrology, because the average astrologer is smart enough to see that modern astrology makes more sense.

SunConjunctUranus

Well modern astrology makes more sense than traditional astrology. Thats why what we know as modern astrology is what is used today and accepted more widely than traditional astrology, because the average astrologer is smart enough to see that modern astrology makes more sense.

What do you know about modern astrology?

JUPITERASC

Well modern astrology makes more sense than traditional astrology.
not necessarily :smile:

Thats why what we know as modern astrology is what is used today
and accepted more widely than traditional astrology, because
the average astrologer
is smart enough to see that modern astrology makes more sense.
In fact traditional astrology is increasingly popular today
because it makes so much sense

JUPITERASC

Which of the following is true?

- Uranus is the planet of the traditional rebel, revolutionary archetype/role,
radicalness, humanitarianism, revolution, eccentricism, inventions
societal unification, and non-conformity.
in fact
Mercurys basic default = unpredictable quicksilver shapeshifter :smile:
aka Yes and No aka it depends

thus
a certain outer planet is extraneous
Mercury is far more unpredictable

VETTIUS VALENS states in THE ANTHOLOGY written in Ancient Greek two thousand years ago

AS FOLLOWS

'........MERCURYS effects go in many directions
depending on the changes of the zodia
and the interactions of the stars
and yields quite varied results:
knowledge for some, selling for others, service for others
trade or teaching for others, farming or temple service or public employment for still others.
To some it grants authority, rentals, labor contracting, rhythmical performance
the display of public service, the acquisition of personal attendants
As for the end result
Mercury will make everything capricious in outcome and quite disturbed....'

YonyGursho

not necessarily :smile:

In fact traditional astrology is increasingly popular today
because it makes so much sense

Wrong. Traditional astrology is less popular than modern astrology today, which is proof enough that modern astrology makes more sense. If traditional astrology made more sense, it would be more popular than modern astrology.

Traditional astrology agrees on most things with modern astrology, but there are a few big differences between them.

YonyGursho

in fact
Mercurys basic default = unpredictable quicksilver shapeshifter :smile:
aka Yes and No aka it depends

thus
a certain outer planet is extraneous
Mercury is far more unpredictable

VETTIUS VALENS states in THE ANTHOLOGY written in Ancient Greek two thousand years ago

AS FOLLOWS

'........MERCURYS effects go in many directions
depending on the changes of the zodia
and the interactions of the stars
and yields quite varied results:
knowledge for some, selling for others, service for others
trade or teaching for others, farming or temple service or public employment for still others.
To some it grants authority, rentals, labor contracting, rhythmical performance
the display of public service, the acquisition of personal attendants
As for the end result
Mercury will make everything capricious in outcome and quite disturbed....'

Mercury represents quickness and wit, thats all. Uranus represents the concept that is unpredictablness, seeing as it is the revolutionary archetype/the rebel planet/rebel character. It's literally the sign of the concept that is rebellion and change, and the concept of unusual-ness.

Uranus is far more unpredictable.

aldebaran

I think it's very difficult to understand what is a King if you never lived on a Monarchy. I never did.

But I suppose I grasped a bit of it when reading War and Peace. It's a scene that appears on the first 300 pages - I can say because I confess to have only read the first 300 pages, not for lack of interest, cause the book is sublime, but moshkel-ha...

In the middle of an army camp, the King makes a visit... And it's described how extremely moved one character gets when seeing, personally, a very young man who happened to be the King. It's just so touching and confusing and emotionally extreme and dreamy that... I could never forget it.
Some perhaps fictional perhaps not King of XIX Russia is the only contact I had with this, and it's not a little thing, really.

JUPITERASC

Wrong.
Traditional astrology is less popular than modern astrology today,
which is proof enough that modern astrology makes more sense.
Siriusly :smile:
If traditional astrology made more sense
it would be more popular than modern astrology.
Traditional astrology agrees on most things with modern astrology, but
there are a few big differences between them.
modernist astrology is dependent on traditional astrology
modernist astrology cannot exist without the basis of traditional astrology

in contrast

traditional astrology is completely independent of modernist astrology

JUPITERASC

Mercury represents quickness and wit, thats all.
Siriusly :smile:

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part II - Seven Stars

Mercury completes 46 sidereal cycles and 145 synodic cycles with 46 years.
It has retreating arcs of 12 degrees for 20 days.
Mercury is alternating between moistening and drying, and common. Stilbon makes those born under it sallow, of moderate height, graceful, with beautiful eyes, moderately curling hair, having excess of moist when morning rising, and light, with straight hair and olive complexion, lean and spare, glancing brilliant eyes, somewhat ruddy, having excess of dry when evening rising, and in general, youthful and athletic, articulate, versatile, intelligent, tricky, busy, curious and efficient. Mercury controls law, intelligence, speech, reason, commerce, youth, education, writing, games, disputation, brotherhood, interpretation, messengers, numbers, calculation, geometry, deception, theft, community, exercise, service, profit, inventions, attendance, athletics, wrestling, hearing, declamation, certification, supervision, weighing and measuring, testing coins, versatility, critical thinking, judgement, marketing, banking, temple builders, modelers, sculptors, doctors, teachers, lawyers, orators, philosophers, architects, musicians, diviners, dream interpreters, sacrificers and augurs, astrologers, prophets, braiders, weavers, weight lifters, gamblers, mimes, sleight of hand, methodical work, military strategy, labour contracting, rhythmic performance, authority, luxury, renting, display of public service, irregular and disturbed outcomes with malefics, the vestibular system, the gustatory system, the auditory system, currency, copper, varied colours and pungent tastes. It is chronocrator over childhood up to the 14th year.

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

as clearly shown
Mercury has multiple significations

YonyGursho

Some of those are simply wrong, so just because the supposed "inventor of astrology" claims that those are the significations of that stuff doesn't mean it's true.