What sign is actually associated with power?

CapAquaPis

Aries has a power complex not found in any other sign in the zodiac, they are first in the 12-month astrological year. I find Aries people to "be in control and dominate" the situation. And yes, they're a fire, masculine and cardinal sign, ruled by the war planet Mars and widely found in public services and militaries.

The19thLaw

Aries has a power complex not found in any other sign in the zodiac, they are first in the 12-month astrological year. I find Aries people to "be in control and dominate" the situation. And yes, they're a fire, masculine and cardinal sign, ruled by the war planet Mars and widely found in public services and militaries.

Aries and Scorpio are both more bark than bite, I think Capricorn is the real sign of power among Mars.

CapAquaPis

Aries and Scorpio are both more bark than bite, I think Capricorn is the real sign of power among Mars.

And what about people born with Sun in 27' Capricorn, or even Mars in that degree? Mars is exalted in 27' Capricorn, and I noticed some powerful Jan 14-19 people in world history left their mark in politics, economics and the military (Benjamin Franklin in 1700s, Robert E. Lee in 1800s and Martin Luther King Jr in 1900s, all are US Americans), they are indeed a cusping last 3 of capricorn and shares some qualities of Aquarius, noting the sun transits it on Jan 20-21.

IleneK

Premium Member
I hear Capricorn, Leo and Taurus form a power trine.

Yes, I would say these planets would be part of a power triad, or trinity.

The use of the term “triad” or “trinity” might be preferred, I think, since the term “trine” has an astrological definition that these three planets taken together contradicts.

IleneK

Premium Member

Best not to underestimate the power of Scorpio, or all the fixed signs. So, by that, I would include AQ. Different kinds of power, but powerful nonetheless!

aldebaran

Aries, power related to wealth, resources, energy.

Scorpio, power related to mystery, danger, negotiations, unstable politics.

Capricorn, power related to structure, the state.

Pisces, power related to the great system of everything.

Sagittarius, power related to leadership.

Leo, power related to the self - that takes charge over things.

Last edited:

greybeard

A car has the power of motion. It can carry us from here to there. A magical power.

But ask a car to drive a nail and it is powerless. Hammers do not hold the power of motion. But they can drive nails.

watcherofthesouth

Charts of noteworthy people in history who have Mars at zero or 1 degree (the most powerful) are said to fight until they win and it's useless to go up against them.

YonyGursho

Well the zodiac sign that is associated with power would be both aries and scorpio.

Aries is ruled by mars only. Mars is the planet that rules the concepts of: a fight, aggression, anger, masculinity, energy, identity, character, strength.

Scorpio, because it's half ruled by Mars, and pluto is the planet that rules the concepts of: persuasion, seduction, obsession, dominance.

So both are associated with power, however I would argue that seeing as scorpio is a water sign and is emotional whereas aries is a fire sign and represents anger as a concept, Aries = power.

Both have the planet mars which = strength as a concept, but because scorpio also has pluto, its not as strong, it has some sensitivity to it and some compassion, so its weaker.

Last edited:

greybeard

I think you have a very limited understanding of power.

A net can entrap large and powerful animals due to its flexibility and yielding nature. The weak individual strands cooperate with all of their neighbors to create a very powerful organic structure.

Hitler, a man concerned with power and its uses, had a Taurus stellium and Libra Asc.

Donald Trump, whose principal negotiating tool seems to be the application of extreme power, is a Gemini-Leo sort of guy. Not a whisper of Aries-Scorpio.

You might enjoy reading "The Prince" by Machiavelli; it's about how to obtain and retain power in the real world.

Or if your tastes run more to fantasy, try the Ring Trilogy by Tolkien. The theme of power and powers runs throughout the story and in the final scene the power of the gardener is revealed.

Horoscopy is all about powers. The planets, especially, represent dynamic focii of energies, or powers. Each planet holds its own special powers, and each of these powers is "powerful" in the right conditions.

Last edited:

YonyGursho

I think you have a very limited understanding of power.

A net can entrap large and powerful animals due to its flexibility and yielding nature. The weak individual strands cooperate with all of their neighbors to create a very powerful organic structure.

Hitler, a man concerned with power and its uses, had a Taurus stellium and Libra Asc.

Donald Trump, whose principal negotiating tool seems to be the application of extreme power, is a Gemini-Leo sort of guy. Not a whisper of Aries-Scorpio.

You might enjoy reading "The Prince" by Machiavelli; it's about how to obtain and retain power in the real world.

Or if your tastes run more to fantasy, try the Ring Trilogy by Tolkien. The theme of power and powers runs throughout the story and in the final scene the power of the gardener is revealed.

Horoscopy is all about powers. The planets, especially, represent dynamic focii of energies, or powers. Each planet holds its own special powers, and each of these powers is "powerful" in the right conditions.

Sorry, but it is you who lacks the understanding of power in the context of the question here.

The question wasn't what planetary configurations create powerful individuals, but rather, what sign is a symbolic representation of the term "power".

JUPITERASC

Well the zodiac sign that is associated with power would be both aries and scorpio.

Aries is ruled by mars only. Mars is the planet that rules the concepts of: a fight, aggression, anger, masculinity, energy, identity, character, strength.

Scorpio, because it's half ruled by Mars, and pluto is the planet that rules the concepts of: persuasion, seduction, obsession, dominance.

So both are associated with power, however I would argue that seeing as scorpio is a water sign and is emotional whereas aries is a fire sign and represents anger as a concept, Aries = power.

Both have the planet mars which = strength as a concept, but because scorpio also has pluto, its not as strong, it has some sensitivity to it and some compassion, so its weaker.
SIGNS are neutral
however PLANETS may have weak or strong PLACEMENTS :smile:

No sign is intrinsically strong or weak.
It is made so by the planets in it (or the lack thereof,)
and by its position amidst the house cusps.

Just for example, as the mutable water sign, we might see Pisces as "weak"
but if someone has Pisces in the 10th house with the MC, sun and Jupiter (domiciled) there
with Jupiter trining the (domiciled) moon in Cancer,
Mr. Pisces has a lot of strength in this situation.
Much more so than the sun intercepted in Scorpio (fixed water) in the 12th house.

You get the picture.
There is no such thing as a weak sign.

There are weak placements, but no weak signs.

Signs are neutral.
They have descriptions, sure, like human, mute, violent, bestial, fertile, barren, crooked, long ascending, and on and on,
but at the end of the day, the signs are neutral.

It's the planets both in and that rule them that bring them to life.

Hi

There are No weak sun signs.

To say there is, it is belittling astrology.

There are natal charts that indicate a weak personality.

Charts lack of hard aspects,
(especially from saturn to personal planets)
with full of trines and sextiles may point to a weak person.

when there are tough transits, they easily feel depressed and they become paralyzed and Can't cope with problems.
Because,they are not familiar to that kind of stressful energy.

"there is no such thing as a weak sign"