Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-11-2019, 02:49 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Hoes up my ***

Unread 03-11-2019, 07:40 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What is your interpretation of Jupiter in Sagittarius, David?
Where I'm located, Jupiter is currently Conj Apollo's Triangle at its leading point, the Asc. That's Regulating-ruler & Domicile-ruler of Sagittarius together, in the Sign they both rule.

Last edited by david starling; 03-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Unread 03-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Moon exactly conjunct Mars in 4 hours in tropical Taurus: 7:50 A.M. PST.

Last edited by david starling; 03-11-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Unread 03-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Hello! Anyone home?
Unread 03-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Moon exactly conjunct Mars in 4 hours in tropical Taurus: 7:50 A.M. PST.
So now we have Moon, Mars and Uranus in Taurus. I expect a reluctance to changes.
Unread 03-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
They say that there's nothing in Scripture about Ascension of the material form as a result of the Rapture. The souls alone will go up to Heaven, not their bodies. Dead bodies left behind, for those who remain to bury.
Whoa. That's a gross thought.

I remember that the way it's written is weird. At first he says he saw something that was going to happen, and described that. Then he started another thing that seemed to be a metaphor for what had already happened. Then he goes back into what seems to be prediction, I think... It's been a while. Anyway, there is something about 144,000 people, 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel getting saved. I could never figure out if those people were going to be raptured or if they were God's army in Armageddon. At any rate, the whole thing was clearly dreamed up by a man from a long time ago who had no idea how big the world population was going to get. I think he thought those events were coming in his life time. I think the beasts he saw were people who were alive at the time, kind of like political parody, and those receiving the letters would have understood.
Unread 03-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Have you considered dark preoccupations might actually mean you're just being honest with yourself? I'd think someone who has dark preoccupations hidden within them would be more likely to actually be some flavor of crazy. at least if you're aware of it, you can delve into it

This is coming from someone who's probably been far worse on the end of dark preoccupations than anyone here, but I'm also very empathic
That's true. I don't try to hide that part of myself although I am a private person, so I don't advertise it either. I did hide it when I was a kid. I was in college when I first started grappling with depression, rage, and shame, seeing them for what they were. What was really wrong with me then was I was breaking out of a lifestyle that made me live a lie, and I was struggling with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
Lykanized (03-11-2019)
Unread 03-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
Whoa. That's a gross thought.

I remember that the way it's written is weird. At first he says he saw something that was going to happen, and described that. Then he started another thing that seemed to be a metaphor for what had already happened. Then he goes back into what seems to be prediction, I think... It's been a while. Anyway, there is something about 144,000 people, 12,000 from each of the tribes of Israel getting saved. I could never figure out if those people were going to be raptured or if they were God's army in Armageddon. At any rate, the whole thing was clearly dreamed up by a man from a long time ago who had no idea how big the world population was going to get. I think he thought those events were coming in his life time. I think the beasts he saw were people who were alive at the time, kind of like political parody, and those receiving the letters would have understood.
There's a joke about Darby's version, in which the fortunate few Ascend without warning, leaving only a pile of clothing behind--Wear clean underwear at all times, because your clothes will be all they'll have to remember you by.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (03-11-2019)
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
There's a joke about Darby's version, in which the fortunate few Ascend without warning, leaving only a pile of clothing behind--Wear clean underwear at all times, because your clothes will be all they'll have to remember you by.
Have you heard of the HBO series The Leftovers? There's a whole season of it that I haven't seen yet, so please nobody spoil me! Anyway, it starts off after what seems to be the rapture. A big portion of the population just disappears all at once. But there is no explanation from God or anyone else. Life just goes on, and that really screws up people's minds.
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:27 PM

Speaking of the huge increase in population, I attribute this increased fecundity to the tropical Ages sequence, in which Mars and Aries are the "resolving" ruler and "reconciling" Sign for the Earth, during foreground Capricorn and background Sagittarius from about 400 A.D. onwards.
Also, on the Kabbalahist Tree of Life diagram, relating the 10th Sephirot to Capricorn as the 10th astrological Sign, Capricorn is about Incarnation. In the base-ten version, it's a repeating loop, with Sign #10 converting numerologically to Sign #1 (1+0=1), and then returning down the Tree to 10 and converting to 1 again as a continuous flow of astral energy.

Last edited by david starling; 03-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Have you heard of the HBO series The Leftovers? There's a whole season of it that I haven't seen yet, so please nobody spoil me! Anyway, it starts off after what seems to be the rapture. A big portion of the population just disappears all at once. But there is no explanation from God or anyone else. Life just goes on, and that really screws up people's minds.
Sounds like a spoof. Is it a comedy?
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a spoof. Is it a comedy?
No, it's very dramatic and serious, although there is some really good dark humor in it.

Here's a trailer for the first season if you're curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtgMEKMoiU
The Following User Says Thank You to Witchyone For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-11-2019)
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:46 PM

The title reminds me of the REALLY dark theme that extraterrestrials consider us a food source, and were either "culling the herd" or picking up only the choicest of the lot.
Unread 03-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
The title reminds me of the REALLY dark theme that extraterrestrials consider us a food source, and were either "culling the herd" or picking up only the choicest of the lot.
Yikes! Maybe that's what they learn in season 3.
Unread 03-11-2019, 06:19 PM

Twilight Zone's episode involving E.T.s, "To Serve Man" spawned the expression "It's a COOKBOOK!!!".
Unread 03-11-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
That's true. I don't try to hide that part of myself although I am a private person, so I don't advertise it either. I did hide it when I was a kid. I was in college when I first started grappling with depression, rage, and shame, seeing them for what they were. What was really wrong with me then was I was breaking out of a lifestyle that made me live a lie, and I was struggling with that.
Oh depression, rage, and shame. I grew up with those personally, but the scary kinda darkness...That I try to hide until I trust people. I try not to hide it from my own self tho. I feel like once we do that give things more control and power over us and that can be pretty dangerous and at least unsavory
If we're talking raw darkness, I had a draw to dark concepts as well as death since I was a child, mainly because they were mysterious. And I can relate to being fascinated by serial killers, but on a psychological level

In fiction, I'm drawn to evil and good being explored, where the line is, how one melds into the other, what each even is, if anyone is truly evil even if they do evil things. In writing I'm gonna explore those too. Honestly the typical hero protagonist is pretty boring anyway. Can't really learn much from them if they're good and only good
Witchyone (03-11-2019)
Unread 03-11-2019, 10:03 PM

im gonna melt the fever sugar
Unread 03-11-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Oh depression, rage, and shame. I grew up with those personally, but the scary kinda darkness...That I try to hide until I trust people. I try not to hide it from my own self tho. I feel like once we do that give things more control and power over us and that can be pretty dangerous and at least unsavory
If we're talking raw darkness, I had a draw to dark concepts as well as death since I was a child, mainly because they were mysterious. And I can relate to being fascinated by serial killers, but on a psychological level

In fiction, I'm drawn to evil and good being explored, where the line is, how one melds into the other, what each even is, if anyone is truly evil even if they do evil things. In writing I'm gonna explore those too. Honestly the typical hero protagonist is pretty boring anyway. Can't really learn much from them if they're good and only good
I dealt with those in childhood too. I just didn't have names for any of it or understand why I felt so different until college, when I got out of my small town and met people from other places.

I don't like getting stuck in the dark feelings. Not only do the feelings suck, but they start to color my thoughts. I've noticed that if I'm only interested in dark things, it's a sign that I'm falling into depression again. I know I'm getting healthy again right now, for example, because I'm getting excited to plant flowers and whatnot around my yard. I'm craving time in the sun. I had some nice gardens going for a while, but I stopped taking care of them when I got depressed the last time.
Unread 03-11-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
I dealt with those in childhood too. I just didn't have names for any of it or understand why I felt so different until college, when I got out of my small town and met people from other places.

I don't like getting stuck in the dark feelings. Not only do the feelings suck, but they start to color my thoughts. I've noticed that if I'm only interested in dark things, it's a sign that I'm falling into depression again. I know I'm getting healthy again right now, for example, because I'm getting excited to plant flowers and whatnot around my yard. I'm craving time in the sun. I had some nice gardens going for a while, but I stopped taking care of them when I got depressed the last time.
those poor flowers
Witchyone (03-12-2019)
Unread 03-12-2019, 01:38 AM

As a landscaper, I've defined a "weed" as anything you don't want growing in your garden. A beautiful and/or useful plant for one, can be an intrusive weed to another.
Unread 03-12-2019, 01:42 AM

What if we could trade Natal-chart placements with one another?
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (03-12-2019)
Unread 03-12-2019, 01:49 AM

Mind-waves Matter!
Unread 03-12-2019, 01:31 PM

David the other day i mentioned about Tr mars @ 17 degrees Taurus would be opposing my progressed moon @ 17 degrees, and was wondering what it could mean.

Ive just realized whats manifested from it, ive had a sore throat for the past 2-3 days now. Mars is in taurus (throat), and also Tr mars is in my progressed 2nd house, which would be linked to throat again.

Taking an astrological diagnosis, my throat should be back to normal as of tomorrow.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 03-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chrysalis For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-12-2019), Gemini888 (03-12-2019)
Unread 03-12-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
those poor flowers
I know. I committed herbicide by neglect. Imma monsta.
Unread 03-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Hey David, I'm planning to post my book on the Showoff section. What do you suggest I should post? A summary of the book? How many pages?

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this