Morbid interest in death - any indication in chart?

Gemini888

I also have Jupiter (Aries 29°) in 8H, but it's not retrograde, Pluto (Scorpio 7°) squares my Sun (Leo 10°) and my moon is in Scorpio. I always thought I could be a very good criminal investigator, but someway I'm too emphatic or sensitive. I used to like a lot to watch crime investigation tv shows and even dr. G Medical examiner, but some cases made me feel very sad. Now that I have children I'm more emphatic with cases where the victims are mothers or children.

I hate gore movies (I cannot even watch medical procedures on video, nor when a nurse is drawing a blood sample out of me lol) but I really enjoy movies about human race extinction and catastrophes, ekpyrosis and so on. I always talk about hypothetical catastrophes and how I will find a way to survive. Some people think death doesn't scare me or that I don't "respect" the dead. My Anubis (Virgo 8°) is conjunct Eros (Virgo 9°) in 12H, sextile Pluto and Trine Neptune.

Sounds like Mercury in Cancer at work here. I could be a criminal investigator, but as I grew up I realized I'm better at writing about death, so I settle down with being a writer. I'm hoping to inform the public something about murder and suicide and how to prevent them.

P.S: I wonder where are your Anubis (1912) and your Eros (433). Asteroid Amor (1221) may also indicate what we love to do. Asteroid Ophelia (171) is related to suicidal tendencies. Mine is tightly conjunct Amor and Chiron in my 10H :/ Fortunately they all are in Gemini.

I don't do asteroids except for Chiron because I don't have enough knowledge about them. Can you elaborate on the meaning of each?

So seems like my Anubis is in Aries and in 12H, Ero in Pisces and in 11H, Amor in Taurus in 1H. Ophelia is in 8H and in Sag, conj Jupiter and also retrograde. God, does this mean I will pull a suicide attempt for some sort of ultimate truth?

Attachments

• my chart with asteroids.jpg
    my chart with asteroids.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 27

BlackLioness87

I don't do asteroids except for Chiron because I don't have enough knowledge about them. Can you elaborate on the meaning of each?

So seems like my Anubis is in Aries and in 12H, Ero in Pisces and in 11H, Amor in Taurus in 1H. Ophelia is in 8H and in Sag, conj Jupiter and also retrograde. God, does this mean I will pull a suicide attempt for some sort of ultimate truth?
I can elaborate in the usage of each asteroid. Eros represents which turns us on in an erotic way, but sometimes Eros range of action is wider (i.e. a person who is asexual or in voluntary celibacy can be "turned on" by other major activities or interests).

Eros in signs and houses:
http://www.falconastrology.com/natal_asteroids.htm

Anubis is named for the Egyptian God, so it's related to rites for the dead, embalming, funerary; in summary being comfortable with death, corpses and transformation.

Asteroid Amor is what and how we love in a broad sense. Anything our hearts cherish.

And last but not least asteroid Ophelia (named after Hamlet's character):

"171) OPHELIA
Astrologically, Ophelia represents drama on the lighter side, as she can indicate high and low emotions and or hysterics, over-reacting, things not in perspective, and feelings of doubt, insecurity, or lack of self-worth. In more extreme cases, it rules insanity and death by drowning, which can be rendered metaphysically as a feeling of being “inundated” or overwhelmed by circumstance."

https://eldermountaindreaming.com/2018/07/16/the-darkest-astrology-asteroids-power-and-struggle-sorrow-and-misery-and-our-karmic-purification-through-pain/

IMO asteroid Ophelia is prominent in your chart because it's retrograde and very close to giant Jupiter :D However I'm suggesting to take a look at this asteroid in the natal and death charts of people who committed suicide, you may also try to find aspects made by transiting Ophelia to the natal chart. Personally, once I had transiting Ophelia conjunct my Mercury :/ and my behavior was exactly as the description above. At that time I was going through post traumatic stress disorder, which lead to postpartum depression. Transiting Chiron was conjunct my DSC for a few weeks. The day I was contemplating suicide transiting Ophelia was in exact conjunction with my natal Mercury. I don't think I had other transits that could explain so succinctly what I went through that day.

Here's an example of how asteroids are used in forensic astrology:

https://mountainastrologer.com/tma/the-death-of-kate-spade/

Last edited: