Random Thoughts

petosiris

Banned
In the Sumerian pantheon, the Moon was a male deity (unlike the Greco-Roman, female personifications). That would explain the traditional (not Trad) notion that the wife/mother should obey the husband/father.

Cancer was not associated with the Moon yet, nor the Moon with the mother, instead the Moon was the father of all other gods, including the Sun. I don't see how the Moon embodies servility, it never did. Housekeeping is not servility.

david starling

Cancer was not associated with the Moon yet, nor the Moon with the mother, instead the Moon was the father of all other gods, including the Sun. I don't see how the Moon embodies servility, it never did. Housekeeping is not servility.

Well, if we associate :cancer: with the Mother, there should be breasts involved. The Mermaid is therefore a better image than the Crab.

petosiris

Banned
Isn't the Sign :cancer:associated with breasts and pectorals? How does the Crab play into that?

Look at my avatar for that beautiful Ram head, and at the Twins for the hands, and at the Fishes for the two feet. It is all shapes man, the crab is a delicate and an aquatic creature, and it hosts the Praesepe Cluster in its breast, which is very milky, and was thought the portal of souls ensouling the new born.

david starling

Look at my avatar for that beautiful Ram head, and at the Twins for the hands, and at the Fishes for the two feet. It is all shapes man, the crab is a delicate and an aquatic creature, and it hosts the Praesepe Cluster in its breast, which is very milky, and was thought the portal of souls ensouling the new born.

Good answer!

conspiracy theorist

This guy is just cruising for a bruising

david starling

Anyone else believe it's possible to have telempathic and/or psychokinetic abilities? I've experienced telepathy myself, on occasion. But, I'd prefer that people stay out of my head, so I generally block such messages.

petosiris

Banned
Aries is Sign #1, so it "heads up" the zodiac. :cool:

No, Aries is Sign #10, that is why it is the head. It is the Midheaven of the Universe.

IFJ3nfH.jpg

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
The MidHeadven? :biggrin:

You are joking, but one of the Hellenistic terms for the midheaven/tenth sign is ''κορυφή'' which can mean top of head, crown, mountain peak. If you think about it symbolically, the ruler of Aries, Mars aims to be the koryphaios, as the ''leader of the choir'', even though the Sun is best fitted for the job, being exalted there. The heart needs to control the impetuous mind.

Last edited: