Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-22-2018, 07:01 PM

In need of some light in the darkness

This is really just a stream of conscious for me. I felt driven to create a thread in case at least one person resonates with one thing I say

This is my new stream of conscious thread. But I'm ADD so it's gonna take me some time to copy and paste everything here lmao

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=117481

Last edited by Lykanized; 10-10-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: In need of some light in the darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
This is really just a stream of conscious for me. I felt driven to create a thread in case at least one person resonates with one thing I say

This is my new stream of conscious thread. But I'm ADD so it's gonna take me some time to copy and paste everything here lmao
Making the same post more than once is against the rules. You may make new stream of consciousness posts, but leave the old ones where they are. Your old thread is still there if you want to look at it. It's locked, not deleted.
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Making the same post more than once is against the rules. You may make new stream of consciousness posts, but leave the old ones where they are. Your old thread is still there if you want to look at it. It's locked, not deleted.
Well this is pointless then. That thread was sacred to me. This makes me feel horrible.... idk what to do
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:11 PM

Maybe I'll copy and paste but change them slightly, revise them
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:33 PM

I have two threads with the same name. And there are multiple threads on the forum with the same name. Why the inconsistency?
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:36 PM

My thread was very very sacred to me so I'm gonna copy everything but change things a bit so that it's not exact copies
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:38 PM

In all honesty, I may end up having to call 911 even tho I really don't wanna go to the hospital
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:39 PM

The mods jumped the gun on that one. Moderation is becoming very trigger happy recently
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
In all honesty, I may end up having to call 911 even tho I really don't wanna go to the hospital
And now your doing exactly the same on this thread, Osamenor locked your other thread for this same reason.

You've been given numerous helpline links, please make use of them.
Unread 09-22-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
And now your doing exactly the same on this thread, Osamenor locked your other thread for this same reason.

You've been given numerous helpline links, please make use of them.
The only issue would be people being assholes about it or people trying to play armchair psychiatrist. If this gets locked anyway, I can just make another
Unread 09-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
I have two threads with the same name. And there are multiple threads on the forum with the same name. Why the inconsistency?
Same name isn't as much of a problem as people making the same post over and over. I told Lykanized she may make new posts, just not repeat the old ones word for word. Having a new version of the same thread when the first one has been closed is fine, as long as the new version doesn't include the kind of posting that got the old one closed. Although typically, when people make the same post over and over, what they're doing is flooding the forum with it, which is why we have a rule against it. That gets annoying at the very least and can cause major confusion at the worst.

So, we're not 86-ing your threads just because they have the same name, if the content is different, although if it gets brought to our attention, we might edit the title to make it clear that it's a different thread.

If you see inconsistent moderation, the most likely reason is that we're moderating what comes to our attention, and something slipped by because it wasn't brought to our attention.

Last edited by Osamenor; 09-22-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: clarified wording
Unread 09-22-2018, 09:50 PM

Or different modding styles.

@Lykan - you could post the link for the first thread in the OP of this one for the sake of continuity. Copying and pasting your posts sounds tedious, but then your chart is full of Virgo so that might appeal to you.
Unread 09-23-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:

@Lykan - you could post the link for the first thread in the OP of this one for the sake of continuity. Copying and pasting your posts sounds tedious, but then your chart is full of Virgo so that might appeal to you.
Not at all.. i cant stand tedium. Im a failure of a virgo. Im like an anti virgo. Probably my afflicted mercury retrograde

I have add and impulse issues. Im more like a charlie sheen virgo

In actuality, Virgos are very misunderstood. I think one of the most misunderstood signs

Last edited by Lykanized; 09-23-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Unread 09-23-2018, 01:48 AM

Well my dumbass is in the hospital and I have to put my phone away soon like a child so I'll figure this out when I get out
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:28 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
That, too.

Quote:
The only issue would be people being assholes about it or people trying to play armchair psychiatrist. If this gets locked anyway, I can just make another
That's not the only issue. It is true that we lock threads where people talk about suicide because leaving them open leads to problems, and those problems tend to stem from people either wanting to help but not knowing how, or making judgmental posts to the OP. But it's not just an issue of jerks or armchair psychiatrists. What if someone tells a suicidal person to go ahead and do it? That creates a HUGE liability risk for the forum. (Someone actually did that, before my time, which was part of what led to the policy of locking down suicide threads being created.)

Furthermore, "I'm going to kill myself" talk can be very triggering for people who've lost loved ones to suicide or are dealing with suicidal thoughts themselves. Another possible source of trouble.
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:37 AM

Ok, I'll stay aware of that. I don't know where to express myself sometimes but I guess this forum isn't the place. I just don't know where else to express myself...I have to get it out somehow
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Ok, I'll stay aware of that. I don't know where to express myself sometimes but I guess this forum isn't the place. I just don't know where else to express myself...I have to get it out somehow
Does AppLeo still have his discord? Anyone in there?
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Does AppLeo still have his discord? Anyone in there?
I'm not sure. I'm not one of the kool kids so I've never been on his discord chat
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:43 AM

It was ages ago, that's why I don't know if it still exists, and not really a place for an old fart like me.

LEO??????? Get your discord going again!
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It was ages ago, that's why I don't know if it still exists, and not really a place for an old fart like me.

LEO??????? Get your discord going again!
Only Rawr and I remain. Everyone else kind of died. But I would love to add you back!
Unread 09-23-2018, 05:58 AM

To join discord chat click this link: https://discord.gg/HN6Ktc

No mods are here; you can say whatever you want without punishment. We believe in free speech here.
Unread 09-23-2018, 06:01 AM

I'll be joining then. I love anything free, especially speech
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lykanized For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (09-23-2018), GemwDepth (12-24-2018), Oddity (09-23-2018)
Unread 09-23-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I'll be joining then. I love anything free, especially speech
Too bad Rawr isn't online right now
Unread 09-30-2018, 08:21 PM

I still don't know how I'm gonna reassemble my thread.. Actually, I do, I'm just too lazy to do it

Hopefully my laziness will dissolve by next month bc I really do need this thread
Unread 10-01-2018, 08:20 AM

I started working on a concept for a novel while in the hospital...I have a title for it already and I've had it for a while now. Titles come to me a lot and they always carry an infinite well of concepts and ideas. I actually have a lot of titles tho I'm still working my way around writing fiction. I'm gonna try to start it as a short fiction, maybe even as a flash fic/vignette type of thing and work from there. I don't think I could start with a story board bc it doesn't have flesh yet and for me, everything is always openended

It's about someone dying and having their whole conception of reality fall apart after leaving the physical form and having to come to a reckoning with themselves and what they can now perceive. That's not set in stone and will definitely evolve, but the title is sacred to me

I know that sounds very generic, but as I said, it has no flesh yet and yet has so many wounds. If I said what the title was, the idea would make sense, but anyway. I can't say the title

The title just kinda came to me out of thin air or rather from my subconscious, which happens a lot, and the curious thing is that my subconscious mind will come up with lines or titles or other collections of words that are actually very novel. Novel doesn't necessarily mean good, but it does mean they haven't been thought of before which is odd to me given that they feel like they come out of nowhere. Curious workings of the subconscious mind