Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM
zoumizzouzou's Avatar
zoumizzouzou zoumizzouzou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 208
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
That's kind of psychopathic. Of all the capricorn moons I know, none of them are like that.
In all honesty, I'd like to know what you think of me as a whole, if you don't mind me asking... Take a look at my chart: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?c...9&go.y=8&go=Go

I've been called psycho before lol, and I just don't know what to say lol.

__________________
Cancer Sun (6.38), Capricorn Moon (25.17), Libra Ascendant (28.34)
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM
tautomer's Avatar
tautomer tautomer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 217
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoumizzouzou View Post
I've been called psycho before lol, and I just don't know what to say lol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy read the wiki on it. It gives a basic and detailed overview of what a psychopath is like, and what psychopathy is. You'll be able to come to your own conclusions to whether or not those around you who have claimed this of you, are valid of not. Based upon how you may or may not feel you fit this.
__________________
It's all elemental.

Last edited by tautomer; 10-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM
zoumizzouzou's Avatar
zoumizzouzou zoumizzouzou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 208
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tautomer View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy read the wiki on it. It gives a basic and detailed overview of what a psychopath is like, and what psychopathy is. You'll be able to come to your own conclusions to whether or not those around you who have claimed this of you, are valid of not. Based upon how you may or may not feel you fit this.
This made me laugh
__________________
Cancer Sun (6.38), Capricorn Moon (25.17), Libra Ascendant (28.34)
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Saturnian Saturnian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 730
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoumizzouzou View Post
I can't speak for other Cappy Moons, as most of them do not agree with you or me, but I agree with you 100%. I am emotionally distant, cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me. I do rub people the wrong way with what I say and have this "I don't give a f..." attitude if said person likes/liked what I have/had to say or not. I guess I may have hurt people with this attitude/mindset. Btw, my Moon is in III.

Ok, I just read some of the posts and you are talking of family members as well. Here's my insight... I hate my family to the extreme (maybe its because of Saturn in IV... Haha Cappy ruler in IV, sorry lol) anyway, I've had lots of family problems, and I especially hate my mother... This could be a clue as to why: "Chiron in Cancer: The superficial interpretation would be that there were childhood troubles with the mother. Brilliant deduction. Hey, who didn't have some childhood problems with both parents? The real key here is how we dealt with it. The positive part of Chiron in Cancer is that you can be very nurturing. This is a very good position for therapists and caregivers of any sort. The negative side is that you find it difficult to nurture yourself or let others nurture you. Everybody has some degree of difficulty in growing up and severing that psychological umbilical cord with mama. Chiron in Cancer people tend to take a longer time than most to do the job. Once you do this, though, and learn to accept as well as give nurturing, you should be fine. So stop whining and complaining."
When people have problems with their parents and especially if they hate them,it could mean that they didn't receive enough love.And not receiving enough love is the "mother" of many problems.I dunno if you suffer from any severe disorder like anti-social(which is what you are describing) but if I were you I would do something about it.There's also the attachment disorder that that's a very very severe case(but also a rare one) and had to do with the inability to feel close,relate and trust other people.After of course you have been abused from one of your parents.Not all abused kids of course end up developing this problem.But here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-Re_Fl_L4
I wouldn't call something a disorder so lightly but before calling yourself "psychotic" you have to ask yourself "why?".Is it cause other people call you that and you have adopted it and accepted it or is it cause YOU yourself see that something in your head isn't functioning they way "it should be"?You should not also discard the possibility that you feel so disappointed with your parents and especially your mom that you are aggressive towards them in hopes of protecting yourself and creating a defense mechanism.That has little to do with psychotic.
Let alone that the real definition of "psychosis" is illness of the mind.Meaning you are not in touch with reality.instead you're delusional.It doesn't exactly deal with how well or bad you relate to others.

I also think you should check your aspects.Usually those indicate a lot more about difficulties and problems than just the sign placements.The way you make it appear then all the Leo moons I have met should have been suffering from a narcissistic disorder.And I should already be stalking a bunch of people.
Also if you wanna make sure you suffer from a disorder or you have a problem as it seems you believe,it'd be better to define which one is it by taking a test at a center or something.

---------------------
As for @Onion: Well I must have a chart around somewhere I can PM it to you if you wanna see.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
zoumizzouzou's Avatar
zoumizzouzou zoumizzouzou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 208
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I never said that I was psychotic, I said others have seen me that way. Also, I'm not anti social either. I don't have psychosis either, seeing as I already knew what that was, I am for a fact not delusional or out of touch with reality, I'm perfectly fine. I just have a tenancy to be cold and distant. I hurt other's with my words without even trying. Its not my fault other people don't like what I have to say, and no, I'm not gonna just keep to my self because someone wants to be all cry baby about it. I just don't care enough about other's feelings to keep my mouth shut. I will say what ever comes to my mind, when I want to.
__________________
Cancer Sun (6.38), Capricorn Moon (25.17), Libra Ascendant (28.34)
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Saturnian Saturnian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 730
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Well it' not what you say.It's HOW you say it.Reactions can vary according to that.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 10-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Claire19's Avatar
Claire19 Claire19 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,033
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I also have several Moon in Capricorn people in my life. They are all different and it depends on the aspects. One woman comes from a farming family and has an enduring marriage which is one of the better manifestations of Moon in Cap as they are loyal, down to earth and dutiful. They are stalwart and keen to do the proper thing and this may make them seem a little cold.
They may not be effusive with affection but that is often the way they were brought up. My Dad and my best friend have it and also a very good neighbour of mine. Of course I do have a Taurus Moon which connects very well there.
__________________
The stars impel, not compel.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,685
keep the focus on astrology

All,

Please keep the focus on astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological comments by request.

Back on subject,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM
GraceK GraceK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 17
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:17 AM
GraceK GraceK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 17
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,317
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceK View Post
I'm new to this forum and I found it because I did a Google search 'moon in Capricorn and narcissim'. I was searching for that because I have three close family members, all with moon in Capricorn and every single one of them has at some point just cut me out of their lives without reason. But they will hop back in again when they need me for something. One of those people was my Mother and of course that behaviour set me up for being a bit of a doormat throughout my life. The others are a niece and a son. And all three have created arguments so that they had a reason for cutting me out of their lives.

I married a man with moon in Leo, way before I knew anything about astrology and of course I was already conditioned (my moon is in Pisces) to be a bit self-sacrificial, but I have to admit I was shocked when he used to stamp his feet in temper like a spoiled child when he didn't get his own way. He demanded a lot of attention, which he usually got by yelling and screaming, banging doors and foot stamping. After 20 years of that I was an empty shell with no energy whatsoever because I'd been devoting it all to him. I've experienced the very nasty, selfish and dangerous side of narcissism and it almost cost me my life. My ex tried every trick in the book to stop me from leaving him, everything from religion to motherhood to violence. And many times I left and went back - but I never, ever felt truly loved by ANY of those Moon in Cap, Moon in Leo's - but I did feel used and once I stopped giving them attention - they looked elsewhere for it without a glance backwards. It's as though I never existed in their lives at all. They seem to 'move on' very easily when their narcissistic supply is exhausted, whereas it took me years to move on because I was so busy trying to work out why they behaved the way they did - coldly and seemingly without real feeling.

I've found a lot of interesting posts here which I find really helpful. I'm certainly not saying that all moon in Cap/Leo are bad people, but I've found from my own experience that they can be selfish and lacking in empathy towards others.
Traditionally, a key to understanding the Moon's location in Capricorn
is that traditionally for births during the daytime, the Moon has no dignity in Capricorn and is therefore peregrine

Those born at night time are fortunate to have their Moon in Triplicity which is at least some dignity - not much, but better than nothing, since the Moon is saved from being Peregrine

useful thread discusses Peregrine status of planets at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=45152

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceK View Post
I'm also Cancerian and have been surrounded by close family members with moon in Capricorn. I found all of them cold and distant and only wanted me around if they had a use for me. Once I'd served my purpose, they were off! One was my Mother, the other my Son and the other my Niece. All three of them have cut me out of their lives because they no longer have a use for me. My ex was Moon in Leo and a total narcissist - you'd have thought I'd have known better.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (05-16-2014)
  #112  
Unread 11-22-2013, 02:26 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I think the main issues is that cause you are Cancerian so automatically you will see Capricorn as in Opposition, that has more to do with the aspect and polarization (almost like 1st house seeing the open enemy 7th house) of the two signs in synasty between you and these people. The tension of competition will always be there. One wants to go left the other wants to go right, like using two hands to pull a piece of rubber string into opposite directions, if not learning to reach a common point, will only break and both hands will get hurt! Tension and opposition are opportunity to learn something in between to make peace.
__________________
I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery. --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
poyi's Avatar
poyi poyi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,015
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Capricorn is a funny sign it look like a goat blunt and cold on the top but underneath is a soft tail fish. I have Capricorn moon born at night. I hope myself is not that nasty and cold. People in fact found me very warm in real life perhaps the moon trine Venus in libra and Mars in Virgo. I am very expressive of my emotion with sextile to mercury in Scorpio. I have a lot of emotion very intense and can really go volcano like in both love and anger.

To think about it Capricorn rules bones our bones support us so we can walk and protects the organs as the ribs around your chest and hip for the reproductive organs. The way Capricorn express it love is very earthy and practical instead of giving you hugs and kisses we would do something to get you through your problems or simply giving you some money or cook you a meal. Is always about some kind of material and practical helps. If you do get to know us you will see our vulnerable side under the horns.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to poyi For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (05-16-2014)
  #114  
Unread 11-22-2013, 11:45 PM
The Ram's Avatar
The Ram The Ram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The outer limits
Posts: 413
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Oh yes you guys\girls are a sensitive bunch. Actually more sensitive than most moon placements.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:57 AM
Limperatrice Limperatrice is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I've been involved with a guy with a Capricorn moon for the past year and an issue that has come up over and over has been his blunt criticisms, mean teasing and what I feel is him always keeping me at arm's length. Every time I've tried talking to him about how he hurts my feelings and it sometimes seems like he barely likes me (despite certain actions that say otherwise, such as traveling 3,000 miles to surprise me on my doorstep) he says the same sort of things: that's just his sense of humor - very dry and sarcastic, he has a very hard shell and doesn't give his heart over so easily.

Now I realize that a lot of men are generally uncomfortable with women crying in front of them, but I've never had one tell me directly, and so many times, that he hates crying. I've never cried in front of him, only told him that I'm very sensitive and emotional (Pisces, Cancer asc., Taurus moon....we may just be incompatible in temperament, love and communication styles, etc.)

Anyway, I started looking at his birth chart in the past few weeks and everything I've read about this moon placement sounds so much like him! From what others have shared, I think my suspicions about him were correct - despite whatever it is he seems to feel for me at times, he has an internal block from letting down his guard and freely showing affection or using affectionate words. I think I trigger his distrust because his mean teasing makes it hard for me to trust him enough to fully open up and it's this unfortunate, vicious cycle. *sigh* I don't think I have the fortitude to make it to his wonderful, gooey center that I know is there because I've felt it in fleeting moments.

Anyway, that's my very long-winded way of saying, I know where the OP is coming from and I also can see how frustrating it must be for someone like this who wants to emotionally connect with someone but has a hard time showing it or contributing to an environment that allows such connections to reach full bloom.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM
GraceK GraceK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 17
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I had a Mum with moon in Capricorn. She had a hard time showing her feelings. She wasn't a hugger or a cuddler. I can't remember being physically hugged by her at all. It just wasn't done. In fact, you could see how repulsed she felt about physical contact when she saw others hugging. I couldn't even give her a peck on the cheek without her physically recoiling and because I was completely the opposite - I automatically hug people in greeting or to comfort someone. I'm tactile in that respect. I cry when I'm sad, laugh when I'm happy etc. But my mother used to make me feel that displays of emotion were wrong, she'd make sarcastic remarks and I have to say she made me feel utterly miserable about myself for most of my life. Children base their self esteem on what parents say or think about them. My mother just made me feel weak and stupid for being a normal person. I don't think she longed to be any different, I think she just believed that 'her way' was the 'right way' to be and that everyone else was a bit odd.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 01-12-2014, 07:03 PM
GraceK GraceK is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 17
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

See ... that comment you made about 'being all cry baby about it' is exactly what I'm talking about where moon in Capricorn is concerned. That's what they think of people who show emotion by crying. But there is nothing at all 'cry baby' about shedding tears when you're hurt - it's NORMAL. It does NOT imply weakness, in fact, it's HEALTHY and it rids the body of stress hormones that if they build up, become toxic in the body. Also, if you liken crying to going for a pee - would you stop yourself from peeing if you needed to? Why would you suppress fluid from coming out of your eyes when quite naturally, you allow it to leave your bladder? Crying is a bodily function, so is complaining and whining and yelling when we're hurt. They all help to alleviate pain. That's what e-motion is for - to MOVE things out.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Lucius22's Avatar
Lucius22 Lucius22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 129
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

I have a Capricorn moon. I've been told that I should think before I speak. I'm very blunt. I'm also extremely ambitious. But I'm not sure I would describe myself as "cold".
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 05-11-2014, 07:04 AM
LyP LyP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 393
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

This is such a complicated colocation
People with this moon need to be earned every single day
seems to that movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Berrymore.
but without the memory problem

Maybe they could try to learn to give the same amount they receive
Drop the mistrust ...
this is just an observation of the people I met
including a very special person in my life, which even today do not know if she really liked me.
they have a security lock to not show their feelings imho.

in the end i think this moon only requires patience, or needy idiot people like me. lol
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:09 AM
issajakes's Avatar
issajakes issajakes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

My understanding is nascent at best but: Capricorn ruled by Saturn. Saturn is about Mastery, is it not? Having plenty of Saturn influence in my chart i am constantly challenged to this endeavor. The best way i've found to think about it is that the Master need not control, he/she would both retain a sense of Self (in the Jungian sense, not ego) while also being in symphony with the realm in which they dwell. So Capricorn moon need not run cold in order to not run too hot once Mastery is achieved. The fear of hot which produces cold is early stages of the endeavor. Saturn has all the patience in the universe even if we don't, eh?
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Rambeau Rambeau is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Hello.

I registered to provide a little insight about Moon in Cappy to this thread.

I'm a woman with Sun in Pisces/Moon in Cap/Asc Cancer/Mars Aries/Venus Pisces. I am the queen of exaltations and detriment!

I'd like to address the "cold" description of Moon in Cap. The coldness is not one of emotional detachment as is often the case with Air Moons. The coldness is the result of reservation and emotional suppression. Some here have accurately pointed out the insecurity of this position. That insecurity often stems from fear of ridicule or disrespect. Being respected can be an obsessive desire of this Moon.

I have the classic Moon in Cap backstory: Abandoned by mother; troubles with other women; relationship issues.

This is a placement which "relaxes" more if and when maturity and self-awareness is gained. Although very maligned by astrological lore, loyalty and steadfastness are positive hallmarks of this placement.

There is definitely a tendency I, and am sure, other Cap Moons have, of despising "baby-ish" behavior. However, for me, this means no patience for crying or emotional outbursts used in a calculating way to manipulate me emotionally. I simply turn off and can become very cold when I perceive that type of behavior from someone. That said, and perhaps this is my Pisces Sun, genuine suffering and pain from others, especially suffered by children and animals can put me in the darkest depression for days; the blackest of moods; and my Cap Moon goes into obsessive overdrive, thinking what I can do to help alleviate that suffering. This has resulted in my spending way beyond my means--although, as a Cap Moon, I make a good living and am doing well in my field--donating to causes, volunteering, and adopting a rescue animal saved from a dog fighting ring.

That's my two cents on being a Moon in Cap.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rambeau For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (05-16-2014)
  #122  
Unread 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,506
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesascendant View Post
Right. As I said, it could be my personal "distaste." No hate, just "distaste." And I don't care for inordinate amounts of emotions (Aquarius sun, moon, and mercury), but as I've said, of the Cap moons I've come across, I sense very little emotion. Frankly, I have to leave the presence of one before too long or else I feel emotionally dehydrated, and I only wish I was kidding.

Thanks for responding, though.
That is odd considering from my experience relating to both moon signs, they behave very similarly even though they are different elements (perhaps because both are ruled by Saturn). I have a Gemini Moon and I relate well with both Aqua and Cap Moons due to their detached nature. There is no emotional blackmailing with either of them and I appreciate that. I am the kind of person that turns off once the tantrums and tears start. It's so childish. Are you basing your opinion off of one experience or has this been your general experience with several individuals? I am speaking from having a ton of experience with Aqua Moons (my dad, fiance, two best friends) and my exbf that I lived with for nearly three years had a Cap moon. Just curious.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 05-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Flapjacks's Avatar
Flapjacks Flapjacks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 953
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambeau View Post

There is definitely a tendency I, and am sure, other Cap Moons have, of despising "baby-ish" behavior. However, for me, this means no patience for crying or emotional outbursts used in a calculating way to manipulate me emotionally. I simply turn off and can become very cold when I perceive that type of behavior from someone.
I have Cap Moon (nocturnal) and this statement I agree with the most so far. I really hate emotional manipulation, but I don't mind displays of emotions if they are genuine. My reaction is also to "turn cold" when that happens.

My mother is a very emotional woman (Mars/Moon conjunct in Virgo). When she is upset, she yells and has a fit, but that's mostly because she had a "loud" personality in general. Yet her anger is passing and once she is out with it she is done and back to her usual happy self. She never holds grudges or seeths for a long time at all, she simply yells to get out her frustration. So I was never afraid of her anger. I learned not to react to her when she was upset, which seems very Capricorn Moon, even if I found it childish. I would gather a sort of stillness and let her scream until she was blue, and then after she calmed down we'd work things out or talk about whatever was bothering her and she'd apologize for yelling and that would be that.

I learned how to be reserved partially from dealing with my mother's non-reserve (plus my own strong emotions and the destructiveness of them if not kept in check). It's like a switch goes on inside me when others become out of control emotionally, where I'll take charge of things or be the "rock" for them. I've read that this is a frequent manifestation of Cappy moon.

I have no problem showing affection. I hold hands with my friends and cuddle my boyfriend and hug my parents constantly. I love body contact. Lets not forget the physical side of Earth placements. I consider displays of affection to come from Venus more than Moon, so if you want to talk about how people show their love/affection look there, not at the Cap moon, imo... also the 5th house would hold a lot of clues to that as well I believe.

Last edited by Flapjacks; 05-16-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flapjacks For This Useful Post:
CuriousCat (05-16-2014)
  #124  
Unread 05-16-2014, 07:08 PM
CuriousCat's Avatar
CuriousCat CuriousCat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 39
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

This whole thread is very interesting! I have a Cap moon, and feel mystified by everything I read about the coldness, aloofness, etc. I simply don't relate to any of that at all! I'm about as warm and fuzzy and they come!

Cap moon's determination and desire for progress is what does ring true for me. I am tenacious. Can be like a dog with a bone when I make up my mind that I want something. (Being a Libra sun...it's just making up my mind about which endeavor I am going to doggedly pursue!).
__________________
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

-Joseph Campbell
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousCat For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (05-16-2014)
  #125  
Unread 05-16-2014, 07:56 PM
issajakes's Avatar
issajakes issajakes is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Re: Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

Well, i spent a good amount of time looking for this quote & finally!:

'...the behavioral patterns which seem to be concurrent with Saturn in the ninth house follow the usual path of constriction, overcompensation, disillusionment and pain, searching, and eventual inner realization and control.'

and in the process found this quote:

We hate in others what we unconsciously have living within us.'

Both of these are Liz Greene.

I happen to have my Saturn in the 9th but i also have my sun & Mercury in Cap, 6 planets in aspect to Saturn & my 5th house is in Cap.

So, the developmental stages of the first quote apply to me in many ways. When i read this it helped me feel compassion for mySelf. While one might experience the influences of Saturn/Capricorn as externally cold, this is the process that is going on within. The only word in the quote that i would change is the last one: control. I would say mastery. Mastery to me, as i said before, is not about conquering. Rather, through experience, one learns to be secure in one's individual identity while in symphonic tandem with the elements of one's environment. I would say a Cap moon (and i have also been deeply in love with such an individual) Needs to master their emotions in this way. Not control or conquer but to truly know them and therefore be at ease with them.

Saturn is that ogre that challenges us to bring our best to the fore in order to deal with him, our lives depend on our ability to do so. Yet as we do he is transformed into a benevolent spirit in that dark wood who helps travelers on their way.

Again, my as yet nascent opinion.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capricorn, capricorngrrrr, moon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Astrological Parts. Known and Unknown...a project piercethevale Astrological Parts 241 06-19-2018 08:22 PM
Whole sign houses and the MC Moog Houses & cusps 190 12-12-2011 11:27 AM
Tough Times Mark-Alexis Read My Chart 42 07-27-2011 04:44 AM
Capricorn Full Moon July 15: Your Inner Authority 2stepbay Recommendations 0 07-15-2011 02:50 AM
A Natal chart for fun. Bob Natal Astrology 48 04-16-2007 04:52 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.