Astrology for musical instruments?

alex premium

Hello all, I'm really interested in music and I really want to learn to play some musical instrument. I just wanted to know which musical instrument would be best for me according to my chart...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_bik_nep_hp.60477.8238.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_bik_nep_hp.60477.8238.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 36

poyi

Premium Member
With Virgo ascendant, Mercury in Gemini exalted and most elevated close to MC. I could suggest you to play musical instruments that will require good coordination with the fingers/arms. While Gemini also rules the lungs, so wind blown musical instrument would be benefical to release the tension of the stressful aspects in better form. Musial instrument that requires both coordination of the fingers/arms and wind blown are still quite a large range of instruments.....with Taurus Sun, Venus also in Taurus, that again related to the throat, I could consider Wind blown instrument as the primary then the one require fingers/arms as the secondary.

Unless that Sun square Mars exact gives higher influence in you, Venus also exact square Uranus but the square between Sun, Mars is approaching, Mercury is stronger by being closer to MC.

Musical instruments, stringed as Neptune, wind as Mercury, scale as Sun, percussion as Mars, electronic as Uranus.

Is difficult to choose :biggrin:

Cap

My 2 cents

Ruler of the 5th house (your creative and artistic expression) is Saturn in Pisces in 7th.
It denotes somewhat traditional approach so any classical instrument with strings (Pisces) would be a good choice (violin, guitar, piano etc.) or maybe some traditional instrument of your cultural background. Because Pisces are double-bodied sign it is likely that you will learn to play two or more instruments if you decide to push yourself in that direction.
It is unlikely that you will be a solo performer. Both Pisces and 7th house suggest partnership (band, orchestra).
Your musical expression will be of slower, softer and emotional nature (Pisces) combined with structure and rules (Saturn), so heavy metal band is unlikely. :smile:
You have exceptionally strong Mercury in your chart (in its domicile, ruler of the 10th house in the 10th). Mercury is also positioned on the benefic fixed star Rigel. You are very skillful with your hands and fingers so you should take this into consideration when choosing the instrument. It is quite possible for you to gain some sort of public recognition, renown or success in the field of music if you invest a lot of energy and effort (Mercury square Saturn) into this.
With that strong Mercury and Pisces being a mute sign, you should also consider writing as a form of your artistic expression.

On completely unrelated matter, I advise great caution when handling fire, flammable things, explosives or weapons. It is for the best to avoid any contact with such things.

Good luck with your music!

poyi

Premium Member
Very good observation and interpretation by Cap.

I forgot about the Fixed Star Rigel. When a personal planet conjuncts Fixed Star such as Rigel and so elevated in you chart that gives you much higher chance to be recognized through career in the public eyes. With both music and prominent Mercury could consider learning several musical instrumental and be a music composer.

alex premium

My 2 cents

Ruler of the 5th house (your creative and artistic expression) is Saturn in Pisces in 7th.
It denotes somewhat traditional approach so any classical instrument with strings (Pisces) would be a good choice (violin, guitar, piano etc.) or maybe some traditional instrument of your cultural background. Because Pisces are double-bodied sign it is likely that you will learn to play two or more instruments if you decide to push yourself in that direction.

WOW good interpretation CAP, infact I was confused between Violin and Piano. I wanted to learn both but for now I'm gonna go with Violin.

You have exceptionally strong Mercury in your chart (in its domicile, ruler of the 10th house in the 10th). Mercury is also positioned on the benefic fixed star Rigel. You are very skillful with your hands and fingers so you should take this into consideration when choosing the instrument. It is quite possible for you to gain some sort of public recognition, renown or success in the field of music if you invest a lot of energy and effort (Mercury square Saturn) into this.
With that strong Mercury and Pisces being a mute sign, you should also consider writing as a form of your artistic expression.
I do have a strong mercury but what worries me the most are it's aspects. It has only hard aspects. It is in mid-heaven, house of professional destiny and it is in opposition with Jupiter-the planet of luck. Does this mean I'll have hard luck in my studies and profession? and I don't want to pursue music as career, I'm a computer engineer grad. student currently. Playing music will be my side gig if I got time. But the hard aspects of planet which is in mid-heaven worries me a lot.

On completely unrelated matter, I advise great caution when handling fire, flammable things, explosives or weapons. It is for the best to avoid any contact with such things. Good luck with your music!
haha thanks I will watch out for that one.

Cap

I do have a strong mercury but what worries me the most are it's aspects. It has only hard aspects. It is in mid-heaven, house of professional destiny and it is in opposition with Jupiter-the planet of luck. Does this mean I'll have hard luck in my studies and profession?

I wouldn't worry about your career or education, it'll be fine.
Jupiter is ruler of the 4th (your home, family, parents, especially father etc.) and the 7th (partnerships, marriage, spouse, opposition and open enemies etc.). Jupiter in opposition with Mercury shows that there will be a conflict between things represented by Jupiter and things represented by Mercury in your life. Both planets are strong, which is good. But also, both planets are in each other's detriment so those areas of your life will never be "on the same page". It is like "pulling the rope contest" and both Mercury and Jupiter are pulling on their side.

Chironic

Can I ask someone to look at my chart and tell me what you think my chances are for mastering guitar.

I'll start with my birth data. I'm not sure yet how to post a picture here. Feb. 26, 1962, 4:03 p.m. Houston, TX.

As a young person I gravitated toward piano, ended up spending 5-6 hours a day on that and majored in piano performance at two universities. I've always had a dream of playing guitar as well, but it seems so difficult and learning material is notated in a way that doesn't quite make sense to my piano brain.

If it's a fifth house question, my fifth house is Sag, ruled by Jupiter. It is not well aspected, but what a friend found interesting about my fifth house is the fact that it's squared by my Sun-Pluto opposition. That friend said, the only drive you have is the drive to create. That's proven to be the case.

Jupiter aspects to note: I bought the guitar on the evening of that 12 Sag eclipse we just had, which is quintile my natal Jupiter. Transiting Jupiter will conjoin my natal Sun in February. And my progressed Jupiter is well into 6 Pisces now (it just conjoined precisely my natal Chiron) and will be exactly on my Sun at the end of the decade.

I'll attach a picture of my chart if I learn how.

Thanks for any help!