Double Whammy's in Synastry

LAC

l read that in synastry the connections are usually one way. Is this right? l also read you can have what someone described as a "double whammy" when the connection is reciprocated and the feelings are the same for both.

How can you tell when this is the case? Does this have something to do with the kind of chart you look at, i.e composite?

Thank you!!!:biggrin:

Bina

I think it means there is aspects between the same 2 planets of the 2 people involved going both ways, e.g. your Saturn aspecting the other person's moon and the other person's Saturn also aspecting your moon. This would then make the influence of that particular combination of planets very strong in the relationship.

Also aspects between the same planets as in the synastry can again repeat in the composite chart, thereby again emphasizing the same theme between the two people, this would definitely be a point you'd need to look at more closely.

Last edited:

BruceKettler

I have been examining charts since the late 1960's. I seldom see a double whammy (a phrase coined by Astrologer Stephen Arroyo) between two people. A double whammy is when the same 2 planets are in aspect between two people. Example: Man's pluto in aspect to woman's venus, while woman's pluto aspects the man's venus. I've looked at books for examples of synastry charting, and see few :alien: double whammys. So, once I had a double whammy with a woman decades ago. Then, recently I met a woman with a TRIPLE DOUBLE WHAMMY WITH ME. :surprised: I want to know from you experienced people out there, what do you think of how unusual that is? It's Pluto Venus - Saturn Moon - Mars Moon. My pluto square her venus. Her Pluto sextile my venus. Both our Saturns and Moons:sideways: square each other. Both our moons and mars sextile each other :love:. Additionally, I have Sun in Capricorn sextile her saturn. Please tell me if any of you reading this have ever encountered a DOUBLE DOUBLE WHAMMY, or a TRIPLE DOUBLE WHAMMY!:smile:

astro11

I do a good number of synastry/composite charts for clients and find that the double whammy is not rare at all, on the contrary there was usually at least two for every couple I've seen so far (I include the Nodes and Chiron). Moreover, there is usually at least one of these double whammy aspects that also repeats in the composite a fair amount of the time, that is a full guarantee that aspect is very prominent in their relationship. However, I have seen cases where this does not occur, in that case the double whammy(s) tells me the dominant trend(s).

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com

Munch

I do a good number of synastry/composite charts for clients and find that the double whammy is not rare at all, on the contrary there was usually at least two for every couple I've seen so far (I include the Nodes and Chiron). Moreover, there is usually at least one of these double whammy aspects that also repeats in the composite a fair amount of the time, that is a full guarantee that aspect is very prominent in their relationship. However, I have seen cases where this does not occur, in that case the double whammy(s) tells me the dominant trend(s).

Samantha Samuels
www.astronumerologywisdom.com

This is my experience as well.

My boyfriend and I have Venus opposite Chiron going both ways.

My sun is sextile his Venus and his sun is conjunct my Venus.

Indeed, in the time I have been with my boyfriend I have come a long way towards healing my own chironic wound especially since my Chiron opposition to his Venus actually hits his Venus/Pluto midpoint in scorpio. The two planets are conjunct within 5 degrees of each other, so it creates a very healing energy flow for my Chiron in Taurus.

Our friendship and the pure enjoyment we get from being around one another is unparalleled by any other relationship I have ever had with anyone including family and friends. That would be the Sun/Venus connection.

In our composite, our love for each other is obvious by Venus conjunct the ascendant and Chiron is at the 0 degree point of our 7th house and opposite Venus. This shows how these double whammys get carried over into the composite.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

Double whammy's are promising when harmonious :smile:. Lovely!
For example I have a double whammy moon trine mars with someone.
But on the other side a venus-mars conjunction (my venus, his mars) and a venus-mars opposite (his venus- my mars) :unsure:

Onyxstar

Resistance is futile for me when I experience the double whammy. With one person I fell hard for, the energy, the chemistry was incredible. We both have Mars/Venus Conjunctions and our Mars and Venus aspected the other - I have Mars and Venus in Aries, and this person has Mars and Venus in Libra. Currently, I am once again fascinated with someone and we've got a double whammy - Me Taurus with Mars and Venus in Aries, they Libra with Mars and Venus in Scorpio. Both our Suns aspect each other's Mars and Venus.

*emma*

Banned
I have been examining charts since the late 1960's. I seldom see a double whammy (a phrase coined by Astrologer Stephen Arroyo) between two people. A double whammy is when the same 2 planets are in aspect between two people. Example: Man's pluto in aspect to woman's venus, while woman's pluto aspects the man's venus. I've looked at books for examples of synastry charting, and see few :alien: double whammys. So, once I had a double whammy with a woman decades ago. Then, recently I met a woman with a TRIPLE DOUBLE WHAMMY WITH ME. :surprised: I want to know from you experienced people out there, what do you think of how unusual that is? It's Pluto Venus - Saturn Moon - Mars Moon. My pluto square her venus. Her Pluto sextile my venus. Both our Saturns and Moons:sideways: square each other. Both our moons and mars sextile each other :love:. Additionally, I have Sun in Capricorn sextile her saturn. Please tell me if any of you reading this have ever encountered a DOUBLE DOUBLE WHAMMY, or a TRIPLE DOUBLE WHAMMY!:smile:
how did the relationship with venus pluto double whammy end up? i had one, it was intense but fizzled out, got too obsessive and intense, and messy, was nothing there for a normal life, great sex though

Last edited:

comdoc

l read that in synastry the connections are usually one way. Is this right? l also read you can have what someone described as a "double whammy" when the connection is reciprocated and the feelings are the same for both.

How can you tell when this is the case? Does this have something to do with the kind of chart you look at, i.e composite?

Thank you!!!:biggrin:

The chart you would see this in is a synastry comparison biwheel. At astro.com, Free Horoscopes/Extended Chart Selection/Synastry chart (2). I highlight the conjunctions across the dividing line between the two charts. You can highlight across for oppositions and trines. That makes it easy to see double whammy connections. 3 or more DW's is rare in my experience. These contribute to the overall synergy potential of a relationship.

Last edited:

SunningBee

Can I ask what are the criteria that make up a valid double whammy? I noticed a significant amount of DW aspects in the synastry with a current love interest. Not counting Chiron or the Nodes, we have 5 DW aspects. 2 of them show up in our composite.

I'm wondering if I'm using too wide of an orb? I'm also not counting minor aspects, which would increase the DW count significantly.

comdoc

Hi SB,

Orbs can vary a bit, depending on which planets are involved. I use only major aspects, and average 6-10 degrees orb.

Can I ask what are the criteria that make up a valid double whammy? I noticed a significant amount of DW aspects in the synastry with a current love interest. Not counting Chiron or the Nodes, we have 5 DW aspects. 2 of them show up in our composite.

I'm wondering if I'm using too wide of an orb? I'm also not counting minor aspects, which would increase the DW count significantly.

SunningBee

Thanks comdoc,
To make sure I'm understanding, in the synastry I mentioned these are the DWs we share (up to 9 deg orb):

Sun tr Mercury (7 & 8 deg)
Sun sq Venus (7 & 8 deg)
Moon sq Neptune (3 & 4 deg) (Composite Nep opp Moon 0 deg)
Venus sq/opp Pluto (0 & 6 deg)
Mars sq/opp Neptune (0 & 3 deg)
Jupiter tr/sex Neptune (1 & 9 deg)

and angles:

Mercury tr/sex AC (1 & 2 deg)
Uranus sq/conj AC (3 deg)
Jupiter sex MC (5) (Composite Jup opp MC 5 deg)

I imagine for some of these the orbs are too wide. Would you use a wide orb only with inner planets and closer ones with outer planets as they are generational? Would angles be significant?

Macieastrology

Hi
please tell me if this is something I believe it is 4 double whammys. tell me if I'm wrong

Pluto Conjunction Neptune Orb 1°33' Pluto Sextile Sun Orb 2°41' Pluto Trine Moon Orb 2°44' Neptune Trine Pluto Orb 1°54' Neptune Square Saturn Orb 3°22' Neptune Sextile Venus Orb 3°31' Uranus Trine Pluto Orb 1°14' Uranus Sextile Neptune Orb 2°09' Jupiter Sextile Jupiter Orb 1°00' Jupiter Sextile Uranus Orb 3°08' Jupiter Trine Moon Orb 4°26' Jupiter Sextile Sun Orb 4°28' Mars Square Neptune Orb 3°40' Venus Sextile Jupiter Orb 0°34' Venus Sextile Uranus Orb 1°33' Venus Trine Moon Orb 2°50' Venus Sextile Sun Orb 2°53' Mercury Trine Jupiter Orb 3°20' Sun Trine Pluto Orb 2°35' Sun Square Saturn Orb 2°41' Sun Sextile Venus Orb 2°49' Moon Trine Jupiter Orb 3°24' Node Conjunction Mars Orb 0°51' Node Square Mercury Orb 3°08' Juno Sextile Mercury Orb 0°59'

Last edited:

comdoc

Welcome, Sunningbee.

Jupiter sex Neptune 9d may be too wide. I allow wider orb if aspect is applying. Yes, wider orb if faster moving planets (especially if applying). Angles are significant.

Thanks comdoc,

To make sure I'm understanding, in the synastry I mentioned these are the DWs we share (up to 9 deg orb):

Sun tr Mercury (7 & 8 deg)
Sun sq Venus (7 & 8 deg)
Moon sq Neptune (3 & 4 deg) (Composite Nep opp Moon 0 deg)
Venus sq/opp Pluto (0 & 6 deg)
Mars sq/opp Neptune (0 & 3 deg)
Jupiter tr/sex Neptune (1 & 9 deg)

and angles:

Mercury tr/sex AC (1 & 2 deg)
Uranus sq/conj AC (3 deg)
Jupiter sex MC (5) (Composite Jup opp MC 5 deg)

I imagine for some of these the orbs are too wide. Would you use a wide orb only with inner planets and closer ones with outer planets as they are generational? Would angles be significant?

comdoc

Macie, I see Moon/Jupiter, Sun/Pluto, Neptune/Pluto DW's. Jupiter sext Jupiter does not qualify.

Hi
please tell me if this is something I believe it is 4 double whammys. tell me if I'm wrong

Pluto Conjunction Neptune Orb 1°33' Pluto Sextile Sun Orb 2°41' Pluto Trine Moon Orb 2°44' Neptune Trine Pluto Orb 1°54' Neptune Square Saturn Orb 3°22' Neptune Sextile Venus Orb 3°31' Uranus Trine Pluto Orb 1°14' Uranus Sextile Neptune Orb 2°09' Jupiter Sextile Jupiter Orb 1°00' Jupiter Sextile Uranus Orb 3°08' Jupiter Trine Moon Orb 4°26' Jupiter Sextile Sun Orb 4°28' Mars Square Neptune Orb 3°40' Venus Sextile Jupiter Orb 0°34' Venus Sextile Uranus Orb 1°33' Venus Trine Moon Orb 2°50' Venus Sextile Sun Orb 2°53' Mercury Trine Jupiter Orb 3°20' Sun Trine Pluto Orb 2°35' Sun Square Saturn Orb 2°41' Sun Sextile Venus Orb 2°49' Moon Trine Jupiter Orb 3°24' Node Conjunction Mars Orb 0°51' Node Square Mercury Orb 3°08' Juno Sextile Mercury Orb 0°59'

Afp333

Hey there read your response and found it interesting, may I tell you that there is a woman who I know to this day and still have the same feelings for her when we met 13 years ago (im 28 she is 2 years my junior). I have recently told her that it was love at first sight for me because I had a dream of her and have been thinking about her alot lately.

05/07/1993 03/31/1991

Sun Conjunction Venus 1.41 266
Venus