Sun opposite Ascendant

MantisReligiosa

Do you tend to argue with everybody, or be nice to everybody, or somewhere in between?

I read that hard aspects between Sun and Asc(the square, too) make one prone to arguments, and that "everybody sees the real you, except you", as I've read one description.

Do you feel this is true? Also, what about relationships? Do you feel you cannot live without someone, or are you self-sufficient?

VenusInTaurus

Do you tend to argue with everybody, or be nice to everybody, or somewhere in between?

I read that hard aspects between Sun and Asc(the square, too) make one prone to arguments, and that "everybody sees the real you, except you", as I've read one description.

Do you feel this is true? Also, what about relationships? Do you feel you cannot live without someone, or are you self-sufficient?

I don't think it makes you prone to arguments but you probably attract the wrong people and situations into your life. I think Ascendant square Sun (even opposition) is the opposite of what you stated. It would mean that you see the real you except everyone else. I have this aspect (the square). I'm not too sure on the Ascendant-Sun opposition but it sure isn't as challenging or troubling as the Square aspect.

DeLaSoul

Sun Opp ASC can be beneficial.. you know how to please both sides, you can put yourself in the 'other persons' shoes and satisfy both ends.

but if you don't understand how to balance the opposition, it will be like accelerating/braking at the same time

waybread

If you have a close opposition from your sun in the 6th house or if your sun is in the 7th house, I would suggest that being in a permanent relationship is very important to you-- even if you do not have one at present. You may feel most like yourself as part of a couple.

What does the rest of your chart look like? Apart from your ascendant, how else is your sun aspected?

Note that for most (not all) people, a planet near the DSC will also square the IC/MC axis.

Claire19

I have Sun opposing the ascendant but in different signs, or dissociate. For me it meant my father did not come visit straight away and being in the 6th it meant he was delayed with work but I picked up the vibe from my mother that she was feeling alone and somewhat abandoned. I had the feeling that my father was rather opposed to my birth as I had come too soon after their marriage.

However if the Sun is in the 7th house then it does affect your one to one encounters and the general public and you tend to have conflicts with them and those in your immediate environment, depending on the signs involved and other aspects as well as rulers.
Always a chart has to be posted for any effective comment.

Last edited:

MantisReligiosa

Well, I have read several descriptions for this aspect. I actually felt like that description I read which made it seem like mostly negative sounded like some kind of angry rant from someone who had some beefs with a Sun-Asc opposition person.

Here's a short description I got in a free report:

"Sun opposed Ascendant (orb: 2°03’)
Keywords
Being conjunct to the angle of the Descendant (cusp of the 7th) the
Sun is strong.
Astronomically, a Sun-Descendant conjunction means the native was
born at sunset. This gives a feeling of wisely internalised, peaceful
energy. It can indicate the capacity for introspection of a great
depth-as in Freud and Jung, for instance, who both had Sun opposed
Ascendant."

I also have Sun square MC:

"Sun square Midheaven (orb: 4°15’)
Keywords
Need to assert oneself through action. Points towards the need to
achieve in order to find oneself.
The Sun creative energy pushes for action and expressing itself in
realisations in the world."

There are quite a few famous people who had Sun opposite Asc, like Bruce Willis(a Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo, with Sun in 7th, like me), Adolf Hitler(Sun in 7th), Prince William(Sun in 7th), Mel Gibson(Sun in 6th), Osho(Sun in 6th), Stephen Arroyo(Sun in 7th), Vivien Leigh(Sun in 7th), John McCain(Sun in 7th), Nicolaus Copernicus(Sun in 7th, also Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo), Heather Locklear(Sun in 7th), Billy Corgan( Sun in 7th, also Pisces-Virgo), Lisa-Marie Presley(Sun in 7th), Antonio Vivaldi(sun in 6th, also Pisces-Virgo) and, well, etc.
These are what I could find on astrotheme, when I searched for Sun in 7th house.

I have always felt that Sun opposition Asc means that people tend to view you as the opposite of what you see yourself.
This article I came across yesterday(which really pissed me off, to be honest) said that people with this opposition seem not-truth-worthy, and dishonest. And it also said "everybody can see the real you, except yourself) and that you have issues of "attitude", and conflicts with authority figures which hinder your path to success.
Which is exactly why I felt it sounded like an angry rant.

I have been told that I don't seem trust worthy, before, but that is not because I lie( I mean, I couldn't if I tried, with Mars tightly conjunct Moon and Jupiter, and square Mercury, I usually speak before I think) it's because people view me in a certain way(probably see me as a "Virgo" which is my Rising sign) and I see myself as the complete opposite.
Therefore, whenever I try to assert the "real me"(or what I view myself as), they resent me, because I don't act as they'd expect me to.

But really, I've always found it to be the other person's fault, if they make certain assumptions about you based entirely on your physical appearance, or even mannerisms, if they feel unnerved when they realize I'm not that "predictable"..you know what I mean?

I think it's really rough for us Sun opposite asc folk, imagine being a major pervert(Pisces) in a school girl's outfit(Virgo).
Sort of like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

MaeMae

Banned
i have this opposition within 2'. sun aquarius/leo asc.
i have always had a strong orientation toward relationships & partnerships, often feeling like me alone in world isn't enough. a sense that i'm only as bright as the light that is shining on me. i form love relationships and friendships readily and eagerly, but often find myself backpeddling, or trying to escape, once i'm involved. i love the companionship, but often regret the obligation involved.
it's a double bind, for sure.
i always want someone to bounce my ideas off of ( merc is in aquarius in 7th as well, opposite uranus leo in 1st) but am very intolerant with people who don't understand my ideas or thoughts.
the sun-asc aspect also gives me the ability to put myself in others shoes, and i absolutely abhor inequity and unfairness on any level. my family always ribbed me for my childhood cries, "it's not fair!"
and still now, i am constantly aware and disturbedwhen someone's getting the short end of the stick. i think this is more of an aquarius 7th sun issue.
sun opp asc ~ in leo/aquarius ~ 1st to 7th was summed up astutely by astrologer Jayj Jacobs ~
"one part of you wants to be on stage, another part wants to be in the audience tossing the tomatoes."
this was the best description i've ever heard.

Choe

sun opp asc ~ in leo/aquarius ~ 1st to 7th was summed up astutely by astrologer Jayj Jacobs ~
"one part of you wants to be on stage, another part wants to be in the audience tossing the tomatoes."

genius statement :happy:

MantisReligiosa

i have always had a strong orientation toward relationships & partnerships, often feeling like me alone in world isn't enough. a sense that i'm only as bright as the light that is shining on me. i form love relationships and friendships readily and eagerly, but often find myself backpeddling, or trying to escape, once i'm involved. i love the companionship, but often regret the obligation involved.
i always want someone to bounce my ideas off of ( merc is in aquarius in 7th as well, opposite uranus leo in 1st) but am very intolerant with people who don't understand my ideas or thoughts.
the sun-asc aspect also gives me the ability to put myself in others shoes, and i absolutely abhor inequity and unfairness on any level. my family always ribbed me for my childhood cries, "it's not fair!"
and still now, i am constantly aware and disturbedwhen someone's getting the short end of the stick. i think this is more of an aquarius 7th sun issue.

I feel the same about fairness. Nothing pisses me off like injustice-not only, but ESPECIALLY when it's done to me.

I have Sun in 22 Pisces conjunct Venus in 16 Pisces, both conjunct DC(Sun in 7th, Venus in 6th), both trine Pluto in 15 Scorpio.

I also have that being on the stage and throwing tomatoes thing, but not strong enough for it to bother me on a daily basis.
Being a Pisces-heavy person, I'm able to make fun of myself without having a bruised ego.
I don't really want to be "on a stage", I'm a natural-born introvert, but I DO want to feel appreciated, loved, admired..I mean, who doesn't?

As far as relationships go, I have been almost terrified of them all of my life-still am.
When I was a kid, like up until I reached puberty, I cared more about having a close friend, but after that, I went through a lot of nasty disappointments in people that made me get the message that I have to learn to live alone, or else I'll always have someone trying to take advantage of me.
I will turn 23 in a few weeks, and haven't had a boyfriend, and I don't trust people to the point of not going on a trip if someone I don't like will be on it.
I only have one close friend. I've had some nasty fights with her, but we're still together, despite our differences.
We've known each other since she was 7 and I was 6, so we have a long history, and she's earned my trust over the years.
Other than that, the only 2 people I've ever loved were my mother and my older sister(an Aquarius, with Cap Moon, and Cancer Rising). And one cat I had last year, that died at the age of 6 months.

But then, these are diferences that probably come from other places in the chart. I have a tight Venus-Pluto trine and one description I read for this aspect said I don't waste emotions on people who don't seem "worthy", which is generally true, even though obssessive infatuations have gotten the best of me, at times...:whistling:

I cannot say that I don't long for affection, at times, but, mostly I feel like I have to work on being as self-sufficient as possible, and learn to love myself, regardless of what others say or think of me.

MantisReligiosa

Here's my chart, if anyone's interested.

Attachments

• 1fc248c4-2586-4ef2-8116-f7ddd513cb5f.jpg
    1fc248c4-2586-4ef2-8116-f7ddd513cb5f.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 55

MaeMae

Banned
Mantis R ~
aaahhh...the plot thickens!
sun/venus in 7th in pisces?
i have venus in pisces, too.
coupled with sun in 7th ~ I believe it's like "Doormats R Us" alot of time. Loved ones and close allies often get the biggest piece of pie when cut by us. The need to "meld" with another is a pathological drive, often. Also, the harsh reality of thinking, "what did i do wrong? it must be me..." is a big issue with this combo in close ties with others. At least for me, it is.
Important to choose mates and close friends who can encourage and upbuild' otherwise, our doubts and uncertainties can cause great harm to self~esteem and our "worth" to others.

waybread

Question, Mantis-- If you could step outside of yourself for a moment, and re-read what you have written about your attitude toward long-term romantic relationships as though it were written by a stranger, would you describe it as healthy? Fulfilling?

Of course it is easy for people to get deeply wounded and to decide to shut the door on relationships. There are also people who do not find someone to fall in love with until later in life.

But either astrology lies, or your sun in the 7th will out. It can manifest as (a) a healthy permanent relationship, (b) "open enemies"-- even the sense that the world is somehow against you, or (c) partners of different kinds. These might be a best friend, a regular tennis partner, or a business partner.

Otherwise you have to process a whole lot of "not me" stuff in your life.

But then, as the song goes, "You can't hurry love....." But watch for transiting Uranus and Neptune!

Claire19

I don't think it makes you prone to arguments but you probably attract the wrong people and situations into your life. I think Ascendant square Sun (even opposition) is the opposite of what you stated. It would mean that you see the real you except everyone else. I have this aspect (the square). I'm not too sure on the Ascendant-Sun opposition but it sure isn't as challenging or troubling as the Square aspect.
The square is more inner conflicts which can be harder than an opposition where at least it is out there and can be resolved. It usually deals with other males and can lead to compromise after differences are aired. Again it is one aspect and we cannot say too much without the whole chart or the signs involved, being known.

Claire19

Sun Opp ASC can be beneficial.. you know how to please both sides, you can put yourself in the 'other persons' shoes and satisfy both ends.

but if you don't understand how to balance the opposition, it will be like accelerating/braking at the same time
I think you are right, the opposition plays out with others and and it calls for compromise.

MaeMae

Banned
So true!
I know a few 7th house Suns and we are all gifted with seeing and understanding how to effect a win~win situation, which is the pinnacle of compromise.

Sharon Anne

Wow we have very similar aspects

Humanitarian

Well, I have read several descriptions for this aspect. I actually felt like that description I read which made it seem like mostly negative sounded like some kind of angry rant from someone who had some beefs with a Sun-Asc opposition person.

Here's a short description I got in a free report:

"Sun opposed Ascendant (orb: 2°03’)
Keywords
Being conjunct to the angle of the Descendant (cusp of the 7th) the
Sun is strong.
Astronomically, a Sun-Descendant conjunction means the native was
born at sunset. This gives a feeling of wisely internalised, peaceful
energy. It can indicate the capacity for introspection of a great
depth-as in Freud and Jung, for instance, who both had Sun opposed
Ascendant."

I also have Sun square MC:

"Sun square Midheaven (orb: 4°15’)
Keywords
Need to assert oneself through action. Points towards the need to
achieve in order to find oneself.
The Sun creative energy pushes for action and expressing itself in
realisations in the world."

There are quite a few famous people who had Sun opposite Asc, like Bruce Willis(a Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo, with Sun in 7th, like me), Adolf Hitler(Sun in 7th), Prince William(Sun in 7th), Mel Gibson(Sun in 6th), Osho(Sun in 6th), Stephen Arroyo(Sun in 7th), Vivien Leigh(Sun in 7th), John McCain(Sun in 7th), Nicolaus Copernicus(Sun in 7th, also Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo), Heather Locklear(Sun in 7th), Billy Corgan( Sun in 7th, also Pisces-Virgo), Lisa-Marie Presley(Sun in 7th), Antonio Vivaldi(sun in 6th, also Pisces-Virgo) and, well, etc.
These are what I could find on astrotheme, when I searched for Sun in 7th house.

I have always felt that Sun opposition Asc means that people tend to view you as the opposite of what you see yourself.
This article I came across yesterday(which really pissed me off, to be honest) said that people with this opposition seem not-truth-worthy, and dishonest. And it also said "everybody can see the real you, except yourself) and that you have issues of "attitude", and conflicts with authority figures which hinder your path to success.
Which is exactly why I felt it sounded like an angry rant.

I have been told that I don't seem trust worthy, before, but that is not because I lie( I mean, I couldn't if I tried, with Mars tightly conjunct Moon and Jupiter, and square Mercury, I usually speak before I think) it's because people view me in a certain way(probably see me as a "Virgo" which is my Rising sign) and I see myself as the complete opposite.
Therefore, whenever I try to assert the "real me"(or what I view myself as), they resent me, because I don't act as they'd expect me to.

But really, I've always found it to be the other person's fault, if they make certain assumptions about you based entirely on your physical appearance, or even mannerisms, if they feel unnerved when they realize I'm not that "predictable"..you know what I mean?

I think it's really rough for us Sun opposite asc folk, imagine being a major pervert(Pisces) in a school girl's outfit(Virgo).
Sort of like a wolf in sheep's clothing.
I have this opposition in Gemini-Sagittarius axis, and I seem like a liar, probably because people see me as Geminian and not Sagittarian, which is what I see inside me (my real self).