Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-06-2009, 02:54 PM
astropsychologist astropsychologist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 274
Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I find Libra risings are generally beautiful, and people with Pluto on the Asc tend to be quite sexy. So one would think that a combo of these 2 would incline someone to be extremely attractive.

However I have found this to be quite the opposite in the charts of 3 women I know with Pluto conjunct Libra rising. All 3 seem to put no effort at all into their appearance. They have all told me that looks don't matter to them. One of them lives in the same two tattered sweaters she wore 18 years ago. I would even go so far as to say that all 3 women almost make an effort to appear unattractive. Yet they are all very appreciative of other peoples beauty, but always neglect their own.

I'm trying to figure out why this would be...possibly Pluto is so interested in depth and integrity that it finds looks shallow and superficial (which of course by definition, they are, however there is no denying that they do, unfortunately matter). I suppose there may also be a fear of beauty, a feeling that it takes away from their credibility as a person. Can anyone else suggest possibilities as to why Pluto conjunct a Libra Asc would incline someone to be averse to their own beauty?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Neptune Rising Neptune Rising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 5,565
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I find this interesting, two guys I know have Pluto on the Ascendant. One of them I fancy and I'm dating, he has Libra ascendant with Pluto rising - he is gorgeous, and very sexy looking, mmmm. He also works in fashion and sees through all the superficiality of it, almost like he is looking through the Plutonian lense of the Ascendant, past the facade and straight to the truth. He dislikes falsitity in other people, in fact both these guys do, they prefer to see the real person, almost to the soul of the person. They both dress nicely though, smart casual in colour co-ordinated clothes. They both have a very striking presence though no matter what they wear.
__________________
transits: transit uranus square natal sun / transit square natal

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:37 PM
astropsychologist astropsychologist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 274
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

True...maybe it is in the eye of the beholder, but I guess Im more focused on their attitudes towards their own beauty...which seems to be that they avoid focusing on it at all.

I don't want to post their charts without their permission. However 2 of them have Venus in cancer the 9th opp Neptune in the 3rd sextile mars and Jup in the 11th. And the other has Venus in leo in the 10th conjunct the MC square moon and mars in scorpio in the 1st (she makes more of an effort with her appearance than the other 2).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM
astropsychologist astropsychologist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 274
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Neptune rising, it's interesting that the 2 men you know with this aspect make an effort and the 3 women I know dont. I would have assumed that this aspect would be in the charts of people like you have described, i would expect extreme attractiveness and an abililty to understand how powerful image can be. Funny that these girls i know seem to think the opposite.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Neptune Rising Neptune Rising is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 5,565
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Yes, and one of the guys (the one with Libra rising conjnct Pluto) also have Venus in Cancer, its semi-sextile his Saturn, that may be why he has a somewhat dignified and subtle appearance. The other guy has Virgo rising, different looking in his dress sense as the Libra rising guy. Both are striking looking, Libra rising is gorgeous.

Its odd though their different attitudes to their appearance, the guy and girls. Maybe this also has to do with aspects their other planets make to the ascendants? My Libra rising ("my" get me possessive!) guy has Neptune sextile it adding a certain mystique, and Sun trine it adding a certin sunshine, boldness and light, plus a Jupiter square..
__________________
transits: transit uranus square natal sun / transit square natal

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:44 PM
LibraScorpion91's Avatar
LibraScorpion91 LibraScorpion91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Well, i have pluto conj. ascendant, but only pluto and ascendant aren't in libra, they are in scorpio, but i have a libra sun. I'm not very vain at all, in fact i really don't care what i look like most of the time. This is not to say that i go outside looking homeless, but as i get older, i begin to care less and less about appearrance. When i was younger, like 10 and 13, my looks were my everything, i was the typical libra in that sense. But now at 17, i really don't care that much. But at the same time, i clean up really well, so maybe i'm subjective! Yes, i do feel that looks are superficial, so if this girl wants to wear an old tattered sweater, then why is this a problem? Obviously she has some kind of emotional attachment to it. I myself own an old hoodie that i've had for 5 years. It's not tattered, but my mother and sister are constantly hounding me to get a new one, but i never will! Looks only matter if you want them to matter. And if a person is truly beautiful or attractive (not "hot" or "sexy"), then they don't really need any "extras" to enhance their looks. If you've got it, then you've got it, if you don't, you don't. If this girl is truly a beautiful libra rising, then i'm sure she looks just as beautiful in her old sweater as she would in a $4,000 evening gown.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 09-07-2009, 10:16 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I dont think pluto is associated with beauty. Libra is but not pluto. Pluto is known for being sexy though. Pluto is a higher octave of mars. Mars, as a god, was known to walk around covered in blood and guts. He was so ugly and nasty that only venus would have anything to do with him. I wouldn't expect beauty out of someone with pluto on the ascendent, though I'm not ruling out the possibilty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraScorpion91 View Post
And if a person is truly beautiful or attractive (not "hot" or "sexy"), then they don't really need any "extras" to enhance their looks. If you've got it, then you've got it, if you don't, you don't. If this girl is truly a beautiful libra rising, then i'm sure she looks just as beautiful in her old sweater as she would in a $4,000 evening gown.
I disagree with this. You could take the most beautiful woman in the world, and she's not going to look good if she runs around in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts with her hair in a pony tail. Ok, Kate Moss might be able to pull if off to some small degree, but 99% of the population won't look good unless they take care of their appearence. I've never met a woman who didn't care about her appearance, and I've never met a woman that someone wouldn't find attractive. Beauty is definately something that can be enhanced with makeup, clothing and a good heart. It is good for young women to know that beauty is not some foreign thing that only a few lucky people get. We're all beautiful in someones eyes.


Knowing how to make the best of your looks is a very libran trait. Librans know how to create beauty even if they don't have a natural abundance of it. They know how to work it. Humans, in general, make the best of their looks to attract a partner. It's primal stuff. It's not so superficial at all. It can be superficial if taken too far, but the basic desire to look good to find a partner to reproduce with is pretty instinctual.

Last edited by lilllybelle; 09-07-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-09-2009, 07:33 AM
LibraScorpion91's Avatar
LibraScorpion91 LibraScorpion91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

"I disagree with this. You could take the most beautiful woman in the world, and she's not going to look good if she runs around in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts with her hair in a pony tail."

Yes, we are all beautiful in someone's eyes, and this is usually because of "Inner beauty", but "Physical" beauty is something you are born with. You can use make-up and other things, but it's false, an illusion, and it's not real. There are plenty of beautiful women who wear their hair in a ponytail, wear baggy shirts, and wear sweatpants, and still look beautiful, and they don't need all those "Extras". Like i said, physical beauty is not something that can be brought at the drugstore, it's something you are born with. "Inner beauty", true beauty, the kind of beauty that's most important, is a completely different story...

"I dont think pluto is associated with beauty. Libra is but not pluto."
"I wouldn't expect beauty out of someone with pluto on the ascendent, though I'm not ruling out the possibilty. "


Chart aspects cannot denote physical beauty. There are some Plutonians out there who are absolutley striking, and some Librans who are extremely unattractive.

"Knowing how to make the best of your looks is a very libran trait. Librans know how to create beauty even if they don't have a natural abundance of it. They know how to work it."

Not nessesarily. I've met some Libran women who don't know mascara
from lipstick. Not every Libran fits the typical "Venusian" stereotype.

"It's primal stuff. It's not so superficial at all. It can be superficial if taken too far, but the basic desire to look good to find a partner to reproduce with is pretty instinctual."

Physical attraction goes way deeper than looks. I've met guys that were very handsome and attractive, but i was not "attracted" to them. If i don't have instant chemistry with a guy, no matter how good he looks, i'm not interested. And any instant chemistry i have with a guy very rarely has a lot to do with looks. Human physical attraction starts on the inside - not the outside.

Physical beauty fades anyway, no one stays beautiful forever. And just because a person is "pretty" on the outside, doesn't always mean the inside is just as pretty. We all know this. And yes, to place too much importance on appearances is VERY superficial, improving the person you are on the inside should always come first, not the other way around. Remember, when we die, we don't take this "Shell" with us. Because that's all it is, a shell, nothing more. Spiritual enlightenment, mental strength, and emotional intelligence does not come through "Looking hot".

Bottom-line: Physical beauty is only as important as you make it. Yes the whole "Your image is your identity" game exists, but only if you want to play it. For those of us who don't, well, i guess that's the power of Pluto...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I am going to stick to the main source of disagreement that I have and not disagree with things just to disagree. I don't agree with you that looks are either something you have or don't have.

Who is going to be the judge of who has or doesn't have beauty? Beauty is very subjective. You and I have already illustrated that we probally would not agree on what we find beautiful. You might find a woman in very casual attire, such as jogging pants, to be beautiful, but I most likely would not because I have a different preference in beauty. Shall society be the judge? If so, we're all in trouble because none of us would measure up to that standard of perfection. Who should a person take to be their judge? Should they believe the person who says they don't have it, or should they believe the man who said they thought they were the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth they first time they saw them?

Perhaps each person should decide for themselves whether they are attractive or not and throw this idea of you either have it or don't have it to the curve.

Now, you might wonder why I've taken the time to disagree with you. The reason is that I believe the idea that you either have beauty or you don't is an unhealthy view point. It's too rigid of a view on beauty and doesn't take into account how subjective beauty is. I would hate to see someone read that statement and think it is true and have them suffer for believing it. It's not as if there is a criteria that we have to meet to "have it". I couldn't let such an unhealthy idea stand unchallenged. When I said earlier that everyone is beautiful to someone, I meant it. There will always be someone who finds a person beautiful on a purely physical level with out even knowing that person's personality.

The idea, that we should all wake up in the morning and with out any effort at all look stunningly beautiful because we were born with it is unrealistic. I just don't know any women like that. The vast majority of women have to take care of their apperance to look good. This idea sets an unrealistic standard for women.

You said that chart aspects can't indicate physical beauty. Personally, I'm sitting on the fence on that one, but there are thousands of astrologers dating back 1000s of years that would disagree with you on that one.

I do have to say though this is a fitting conversation to have while mercury is retrograding in libra.

Last edited by lilllybelle; 09-09-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM
LibraScorpion91's Avatar
LibraScorpion91 LibraScorpion91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

My point is, i don't really care about beauty, or physical appearance. It's just not important to me. Yes, beauty is subjective, you think Kate Moss is pretty, and i think she's ******* hideous, we disagree on that. I do feel that beauty is something you are born with. If you're ugly, then piling a bunch make-up on you face isn't going to help. Accept the fact that looks don't matter, because they don't, and focus on your inner beauty. Beauty IS something you are born with, decide whether you have it, or you don't, and get on with your life, because there are MUCH more important things in life to worry about.

"There will always be someone who finds a person beautiful on a purely physical level without even knowing that person's personality."

This is ****. If a person is truly unattractive, to the point of people staring, there might be people that will blow smoke, and try to make that person feel better, but if another person grows find this person attractive or beautiful over time, it's not on a purely physical level, let's get real. It's their inner beauty shining though, and it's the person that they are shining though as well.

Astrology doesn't decide whether or not a person is beautiful. And to think so is just stupid. Genetics and dominant genes decide whether you are physically attractive or not. If both your parents are unattractive, then you better hope for some "Beautiful" recessive gene, because the more often then not, you will come out unattractive.

This is why physical appearance isn't important to me. It just starts pointless arguments like these, and this is why i stopped caring about looks a LONG time ago...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
freedomlover's Avatar
freedomlover freedomlover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Over the Hills and Far Away
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I can agree with many of the points that both Lillybelle and LibraScorpion91 have made.
I think both are right, and there is a balance that needs to be found.

Yes, many people are just born beautiful, BUT, if one doesn't take care to maintain that beauty, as Lilllybelle said, they CAN lose it - and many people "born beautiful" do exactly that.

I've also had the experience of "seeing" a not-so-beautiful person in physical form appear absolutely beautiful to me because of their inner beauty shining through.

One other thought - as I have put a lot of personal meditation in on this one, having struggled with this all my life........ What seems to be the problem with society's preoccupation with physical beauty is that they value physical appearance more than they value the health of the body. It's the same mindset that doesn't see anythng wrong with what we are doing to the Earth. People see nothing wrong with putting harmful things in and on their bodies to make it appear more beautiful. They see nothing wrong with attending the outside of the body, while not attending to the inside. They go on unhealthy fad diets that are destructive to their bodies, all in the name of making it more beautiful - more sexy.

Sexy is not healthy. Many, many victims of sexual abuse subconsciously become fat. Why? So they will not be seen as sexy. They think the fat will protect them. It's because they have been taught to value beauty over health. They put up a physical block - the fat, when all they really need to do is to change their mindset about the "benefits" of being "sexy".

So, going back to the topic of this thread specifically....since Pluto rules sex, I can see why someone with Pluto on the Ascendant ( Asc represent body/apperance) might very well have some struggles with the issue of physical beauty, and may even be adverse to it.

FL
__________________
View My Chart

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM
LibraScorpion91's Avatar
LibraScorpion91 LibraScorpion91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

"One other thought - as I have put a lot of personal meditation in on this one, having struggled with this all my life........ What seems to be the problem with society's preoccupation with physical beauty is that they value physical appearance more than they value the health of the body. It's the same mindset that doesn't see anythng wrong with what we are doing to the Earth. People see nothing wrong with putting harmful things in and on their bodies to make it appear more beautiful. They see nothing wrong with attending the outside of the body, while not attending to the inside. They go on unhealthy fad diets that are destructive to their bodies, all in the name of making it more beautiful - more sexy. "

I completely see your point on this. I'm coming from this place - if a woman doesn't care about her looks and "lets herself go", why should she be judged? Men aren't, and there are plenty of men lookin' a hot mess, runnin' around like they are the sexiest thing in town. And this is why the original topic of this thread is silly to me, and sounds slightly judgemental.

Women for centuries have been valued by our beauty by men, and it's like we are programmed to place so much value on appearance, so much to the point that our identities lie within that. And if it's snatched away from us suddenly, we feel worthless. So we go to extreme lengths to "Make" ourselves beautiful, even if it kills us. Most women have this idea that you have to be all gussied up to attract a man, but do men feel this way? No. You see unattractive men with beautiful women all the time, and yet he won't feel bad about his appearance. But if you see a beautiful man with an unattractive woman, more than likely she'll be thinking, "He can have any woman he wants, why me?" All i'm saying is, if you don't look like Angelina Jolie, get over it, and focus on your inner beauty, the kind of beauty that counts.

freedomlover, i thought Mars rules sex? I know mars rules "Action" but sex is always singled out in some way in any description or mars - especially scorpio for me. I heard Pluto rules "Power and regeneration", or something to that effect. Oh well, both planets are in Scorpio for me, and Pluto is on my Ascendant, so i guess it doesn't matter!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 09-09-2009, 03:54 PM
freedomlover's Avatar
freedomlover freedomlover is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Over the Hills and Far Away
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Yahoo to freedomlover
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraScorpion91 View Post
freedomlover, i thought Mars rules sex? I know mars rules "Action" but sex is always singled out in some way in any description or mars - especially scorpio for me. I heard Pluto rules "Power and regeneration", or something to that effect. Oh well, both planets are in Scorpio for me, and Pluto is on my Ascendant, so i guess it doesn't matter!
Well, Mars is the traditional ruler of sex. Pluto is the modern co-ruler. Maybe I should have phrased it "co-ruler" instead of "ruler", but Mars wasn't mentioned - only Pluto, so I didn't think to make the distinction. Pluto rules 8th house, and sex is part of what the 8th house represents. Also, Pluto rules power, and sex is more often than not, consciously or sub-consciously used as a means of power. In addition to the sex/power thing being a man who rapes....... how many men have you seen turn to jelly around a beautiful (sexy)woman? Her beauty (sexiness) gives her power over him, if he is susceptible. I rest my case.
__________________
View My Chart

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
astropsychologist astropsychologist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 274
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

LibraScorpion91, I don't think Lillybelle (or any of us for that matter) is denying the fact that inner beauty is more important than physical beauty, of course it's more important!
But to deny that physical beauty matters at all is being completely blind and dishonest with yourself. Image and looks affect everyone whether they are brave enough to admit it or not, years and years of research has shown that we are all influenced by outer appearance. Yes it's an awful thing to have to admit to and in an ideal world, we would all only see each others inner beauty, but we don't live in utopia, this is the real world and anyone who thinks they are immune to appearances is in denial.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:00 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropsychologist View Post
But to deny that physical beauty matters at all is being completely blind and dishonest with yourself. Image and looks affect everyone whether they are brave enough to admit it or not, years and years of research has shown that we are all influenced by outer appearance. Yes it's an awful thing to have to admit to and in an ideal world, we would all only see each others inner beauty, but we don't live in utopia, this is the real world and anyone who thinks they are immune to appearances is in denial.
I completely agree with this.

Freedom Lover, you're right there has to be a balance between taking care of ones self and not taking it too far to the point of abusing the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraScorpion91 View Post
I'm coming from this place - if a woman doesn't care about her looks and "lets herself go", why should she be judged? Men aren't, and there are plenty of men lookin' a hot mess, runnin' around like they are the sexiest thing in town. And this is why the original topic of this thread is silly to me, and sounds slightly judgemental.
While I don't see this thread as silly or judgemental, I do see what you are saying about it being unfair that women have to keep up their looks at a much higher level than men. It has struck me as unfair at times too, but it's just part of life that I accept, and I enjoy dressing up and making myself look nice.

You said:

This is ****. If a person is truly unattractive, to the point of people staring, there might be people that will blow smoke, and try to make that person feel better, but if another person grows find this person attractive or beautiful over time, it's not on a purely physical level, let's get real. It's their inner beauty shining though, and it's the person that they are shining though as well. End Quote

The world isn't as black and white as you might like to think. Have you noticed that a lot of unattractive people have no shortage of partners? Men don't usally get to know a woman's personality unless they are attracted to the exterior first. Someone found those unattractive women good looking enough that they wanted to get to know the personality too. I wish you could see that beauty is very subjective.

If you don't believe that beauty can be indicated in the natal chart, that's fine, but please try to be respectful when voicing your disagreement instead of reverting to name calling.

Well, I think I said everything I wanted to say. I know it's never comfortable to have someone challenge our ideas, but I think it can help us grow as people and some ideas just need to be challenged.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:57 AM
piercethevale's Avatar
piercethevale piercethevale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alta California
Posts: 8,199
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Hi Astropsyc.
I haven't been online here for sometime. You may like to check out my proposed birth chart for Jesus in the 'Celebrity' sub-forum. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from many noted astrologers on my proposal.
The chart has a Pluto conj Libra asc.
In the book on Jesus that is published by the Assoc. for Research and Enlightenment, that is based on the Edgar Cayce readings, there is an ancient letter that was written by one of the Roman authorities that was in Israel at the time of Jesus' life and he described Jesus as "...the most handsome man on Earth".
I also know of a woman whom has this same aspect and she is also an Aries with Libra asc/conj Pluto [as I believe J.C. to have been]...and she can "knock 'em dead" with good looks when she wants too...but she can be very indifferent at times to her appearence.
__________________
"A" IS FOR "ANGELS"... Earthside service, 24/7 ...only a prayer away.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 09-10-2009, 06:40 AM
LibraScorpion91's Avatar
LibraScorpion91 LibraScorpion91 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

"While I don't see this thread as silly or judgemental, I do see what you are saying about it being unfair that women have to keep up their looks at a much higher level than men. It has struck me as unfair at times too, but it's just part of life that I accept, and I enjoy dressing up and making myself look nice. "

I guess that's the difference between me and some women. I don't accept, i defy and change. You need to understand that not every woman is like that, not every woman enjoys dressing up and putting on make-up. To me, things like that are silly, and a waste of time. And to say that a woman "has" to keep up her looks when men don't have to is immensely unfair, and this is the main issue with society, and it has been an issue for many decades. This is why teen girls feel the need to go without food, or throw whatever they ate up completely so they can look a certain way. Or why so many 50+ women feel the need to butcher their faces with plastic surgery so they can look "young". This is something i will never accept. I don't play by life's rules, i play by my own.

To say that everyone is effected my apearances is a generalization, because there are people like me who really don't care. I'm not being dishonest with myself, i truly DO NOT care at this point in my life. Once people stop placing so much importance on beauty, then things WILL change. I'm sorry, but i'm not gonna play that stupid game just because everyone else is.

"The world isn't as black and white as you might like to think. Have you noticed that a lot of unattractive people have no shortage of partners? Men don't usally get to know a woman's personality unless they are attracted to the exterior first. Someone found those unattractive women good looking enough that they wanted to get to know the personality too."

Yeah, and you very rarely see an attractive man with an unattractive woman. And if you do, it's purely sex-related. You see unattractive men with beautiful women all the time. Because we, as women, are always supposed to see past looks, and get to know the person inside, but how many Hollywood film producers or directors have you seen that only date models? Most of them are like that. Beauty is supposed to be subjective, but in today's society, the standard of beauty is not very wide at all. If we all decided that looks don't matter, then this all would change.

"Someone found those unattractive women good looking enough that they wanted to get to know the personality too."

I'm sorry, but this is extremely naive. If your average-looking male is dating and unattractive female, he might like her a lot, or maybe even finds her reasonably attractive, but underneath it all he still wants that textbook skinny blonde, with augmented breasts and a fake tan. Because that's what the standard of beauty is today, the kind of standard a lot of women are killing themselves to meet. And this is why i stopped caring about physical appearances a long time ago. I'm not saying that i personally find this standard of physical beauty to be "Beautiful", because i don't, nor is that in relation to any other comments i've made about physical beauty... but that's how things are until people stand up and decide to make a change.

P.S, Lillybelle, if i came off as disrespectful or confrontational in my previous post i did not mean to. Sometimes the strong way i word things can come off as a direct intent to insult, which i surely did not intended to do at all.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

I don't like to argue just for the sake of trying to win an argument, so I'm going to make an exit now. I've said everything I needed or wanted to say on this thread.

Last edited by lilllybelle; 09-13-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 09-14-2009, 09:36 AM
C0rnholio's Avatar
C0rnholio C0rnholio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 431
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Well, my Ascendant in Libra is less than 2 degrees from Pluto. Yes, looks is superficial. I dress neat and tidy because of my Venus in Virgo, and if it wasn't for my Leo Sun I probably wouldn't own anything of luxury. Don't like jewelry, and I think wearing a watch is stupid nowadays that everyone carries cell phones. But I do like designer clothes because they are the only ones that fit and look good, but I do not want any labels to show.

Pluto seems to be all about transformation, so if it is conjunct with the Ascendant then perhaps that person is all about personal growth and transformation. Which of course is more than just changing a set of clothes. So the appearance takes a lower priority due to its lower importance.

I recently read in the Stephen Arroyo's book "Astrology, Karma and Transformation" that if Pluto is in the 12th house (like mine) then people need need solitude for personal growth and transformation. Perhaps I just do not want any unwanted attention, or any unwanted socializing to be exact.

Arroyo also says that Pluto in the 1st house makes people reserved, insecure, defensive, deep and often lonely.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. After I grew up it took me a while to realize that I am indeed beautiful, sexy and attractive, like my mother has been telling me all along. LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
C0rnholio's Avatar
C0rnholio C0rnholio is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 431
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilllybelle View Post
.... I disagree with this. You could take the most beautiful woman in the world, and she's not going to look good if she runs around in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts with her hair in a pony tail. ...
I respectfully disagree with your disagreeing. Let me put a slightly different spin on this. If a woman can run around in sweat pants and t-shirt with her hair in a pony tail and still look good, then she is truly beautiful. If not, and if she looks good only when dressed up, then her beauty is superficial. There aren't many women like that that I know who could could pull that trick. But it actually does not matter how many of such women are out there. If they are beautiful, then the ARE. Period.

Just to develop the topic of the Pluto conj Libra Asc perception of beauty, some of the best memories of beautiful women in my life were a girl wearing jeans, and a couple of girls wearing a sports suite and sneakers. If she looks beautiful in everyday clothes, wouldn't everyone agree that she is just that... beautiful?

Here is also my Libra Ascendant's argumentation. If someone always puts an effort to dress and look at 100% on the outside then they cannot possibly also look at 100% on the inside. So a slight aversion to beauty is good and healthy. Good for balance.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 11-10-2012, 05:23 AM
bobsue bobsue is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Though this post is old and seems to have devolved into a pissing contest, I thought I'd chime in since I have pluto exactly conjunct my libra ascendant. Although I appreciate beauty and enjoy dressing up, for many years of my life I made a sort of semi-conscious effort to *not* 'do myself up' like other girls that seems to have been rooted in: 1) Not wanting to mislead guys into thinking I looked differently than I did (! you know how guys complain about the girl they think is fine but then looks like a dog without makeup); and 2) Not wanting to attract a guy (and believe that he liked me) who didn't really like ME and how I really looked. So maybe it has to do with just wanting to be real, and only attract real things.

I bet you can guess how that turned out. lillybelle knows of which she speaks. So now I just don't even **** with people on that level. I 'do myself up' because it is a fun, girly thing to do. But you can best believe these shallow men who are so easily and obviously swayed by the most trivial superficialities like clothes, makeup, fake everything, are nowhere on my radar. People are ridiculous. Those things don't have anything to do with a person's soul or value or inherent character, or their place in your life. They can be bought on a credit card (you don't even have to have real money), and they can be gone as soon as the credit runs out. Librascorpion knows of what she speaks as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-19-2019, 06:19 PM
PlutoLibScoAsc's Avatar
PlutoLibScoAsc PlutoLibScoAsc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 329
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Hi... resurrecting an old post because I thought I should contribute to this thread because I am a pluto conjunct libra Asc at 29 degree in 1st house... so yeah, my thinking is similar to what Librascorpio91 and Bobsue had said. I think putting on make up will only attract people that are into my looks and not my character nor my personality. I want a man that like me for me and love me for who I really am. I don't want to attract man that only goes for looks because I believe relationship like this wouldn't last. I do dress up and make up nicely if I am bored or in the mood. I really like clothes that are comfy, when I was young I wear my beggars clothes because these are the most comfy. Sometimes I even wear it going out (those that doesn't have big holes), my mom say I look like beggar and I don't care much about what she said at that time. Now, being an adult I don't care much too but I wouldn't wear my beggar clothes out. When the holes got way too big I throw them away, lol. Nowadays, I do wear some faded color T-shirt going out, if my husband comments on my clothings, we don't argue but I will questions him and give him slightly a hard time. In conclusion, I will only put on make up and wear pretty dress when I am in the mood of having girly fun and some self-confident I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-19-2019, 07:08 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by astropsychologist View Post
I find Libra risings are generally beautiful, and people with Pluto on the Asc tend to be quite sexy. So one would think that a combo of these 2 would incline someone to be extremely attractive.

However I have found this to be quite the opposite in the charts of 3 women I know with Pluto conjunct Libra rising. All 3 seem to put no effort at all into their appearance. They have all told me that looks don't matter to them. One of them lives in the same two tattered sweaters she wore 18 years ago. I would even go so far as to say that all 3 women almost make an effort to appear unattractive. Yet they are all very appreciative of other peoples beauty, but always neglect their own.

I'm trying to figure out why this would be...possibly Pluto is so interested in depth and integrity that it finds looks shallow and superficial (which of course by definition, they are, however there is no denying that they do, unfortunately matter). I suppose there may also be a fear of beauty, a feeling that it takes away from their credibility as a person. Can anyone else suggest possibilities as to why Pluto conjunct a Libra Asc would incline someone to be averse to their own beauty?
Iím female libra rising with Pluto Saturn Jupiter. Iím attractive and sexy. I see it and Iím told this. However when I was younger I was scared to beautify myself eg makeup hair. Up until the age of 27 I was the Ďugly duckingí. Well this is what I thought of myself. Then after that there was thus anger in me that thought why canít I beautify myself. Why canít I make extra effort and so I did. Iím addicted to makeup, taking care of myself mind body soul. Donít get me wrong I wasnít scruffy before 27. I very much made sure my hair wasnít out of place and my clothes were smart but I wasnít showing my sexiness which I hid. I donít know why i did this. In a funny way I think I was feeling that maybe it would be too much for the world and I would ruin myself in some way. Sounds crazy
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,490
Re: Pluto conj Libra Asc- averse to beauty??

Whatís also crazy is the knowledge of power that beauty can hold. Then also comes frustration when your power gets watered down. Such is superficial power 🤷🏻*♀️👿
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-19-2019, 07:15 PM
Hkk Hkk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilllybelle View Post
I dont think pluto is associated with beauty. Libra is but not pluto. Pluto is known for being sexy though. Pluto is a higher octave of mars. Mars, as a god, was known to walk around covered in blood and guts. He was so ugly and nasty that only venus would have anything to do with him. I wouldn't expect beauty out of someone with pluto on the ascendent, though I'm not ruling out the possibilty.




I disagree with this. You could take the most beautiful woman in the world, and she's not going to look good if she runs around in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts with her hair in a pony tail. Ok, Kate Moss might be able to pull if off to some small degree, but 99% of the population won't look good unless they take care of their appearence. I've never met a woman who didn't care about her appearance, and I've never met a woman that someone wouldn't find attractive. Beauty is definately something that can be enhanced with makeup, clothing and a good heart. It is good for young women to know that beauty is not some foreign thing that only a few lucky people get. We're all beautiful in someones eyes.


Knowing how to make the best of your looks is a very libran trait. Librans know how to create beauty even if they don't have a natural abundance of it. They know how to work it. Humans, in general, make the best of their looks to attract a partner. It's primal stuff. It's not so superficial at all. It can be superficial if taken too far, but the basic desire to look good to find a partner to reproduce with is pretty instinctual.
I agree with this being libra rising. When I make extra extra effort I know how to look GOOD 👀 and get attention if I need to eg meetings interviews etc. Someone I want to impress example
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
averse, beauty, conj, libra, pluto

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Medical Astrology Primer Jeremy Medical Astrology 43 04-13-2017 09:12 AM
On Pluto & Generational Population Growth Mu'Min M. Bey Mundane Astrology 3 06-02-2008 03:28 AM
Pluto Conj Galatic Centre watchman512 Transits 4 10-12-2007 05:58 PM
pluto opposite mercury johan Mundane Astrology 54 08-13-2006 08:48 PM
An article by Henny Ruckert C1 Mundane Astrology 19 03-16-2006 06:50 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.