Random Thoughts, strictly Text

ElenaJ

How has everyone felt about this full Moon or other energies this week? I haven’t been able to sleep properly for the last few days but also customers seem to be in a really weird mood. They’re confused, unfocused and forgetful. I’ve been feeling the same. Anyone else?

Exactly the same. And dreaming.

david starling

A large group of retail investors from reddit decided to buy stocks from the soon to go bankrupt company GameStop (video game retailer) - which was being shorted by wallstreet hedge funds - in order to get a profit by forcing wallstreet to back down.

Pretty much every small investor in the world has jumped into buying GameStop stocks (GME) - and is holding until wallstreet is forced to sell their position and take a loss.

This skyrocketed the price of Game Stop stock from like $40 to $456 in about a week - until the market artificially manipulated the price to go down.

Pretty much its a battle between wallstreet and small investors to see who backs down first - but it is getting crazy.

Melvin Capital has lost about 2 billion so far.

Will this save the company?

How is Elon Musk involved?

ElenaJ

Were they nice dreams? I’m feeling Pluto energy too. Not in like the glamorous dramatic Pluto but scary, weird, darkness building up.

Strange dreams, not necessarily negative, but also of people who have passed away, as though they were still alive.

The full moon is hitting me square on my ascendent/descendent.
Mars/uranus are opposing my natal Venus.
Venus/pluto are opposing my natal Saturn.

Saturn rules my 6th of health and I had some health issues this past week as well.

david starling

I used to think of lunations a bit narrowly or in relation to the natal chart, but this new moon in Capricorn and the full moon in Leo seem to be sweeping along a lot of the disconnected building blocks accumulating over the last year or so, to drop them on people. Maybe that’s why folks seem out of it? David might know if there is any connection to the new Jupiter year also taking place today.

Reorientation is under way, from Earth to Air.

Ukpoohbear

Strange dreams, not necessarily negative, but also of people who have passed away, as though they were still alive.

The full moon is hitting me square on my ascendent/descendent.
Mars/uranus are opposing my natal Venus.
Venus/pluto are opposing my natal Saturn.

Saturn rules my 6th of health and I had some health issues this past week as well.

Oh strange dreams. That does sound very Neptune. It’s neither good or bad but leaves you feeling out of sorts. The planets are on your back right now aren’t they. I hope your health issues have improved.

I feel like the planets are huge and we completely defenceless against them. Which is true everyday but today it is scary.

david starling

Mind-power will have a greater impact on the Pandemic, and other illnesses also, in terms of increasing immunity and healing ability. [IMO]

Last edited:

Dirius

Haha cool, thanks for explaining it to me. Sounds like artificially manipulating the market is a bit like fraud but there’s probably a policy to make it legal. I hope the David beats Goliath! It is like it could be made into a movie.

Have you seen a movie called The Big Short? It’s based on the recession.

Problem is that with the internet making information and personal opinions so widely available to anyone, there is no way to stop information flow. Pretty much anyone giving an opinion on any market is, by definition, artificially manipulating investors.

For example, any news show telling you "this stock is hot you should buy" or saying "this stock will fail and you'll lose money" (as CNBC did throughout the week) is manipulating the market, creating or affecting demand for certain stocks, because they are trying to change the perspective of investors. And this is on TV every single day.

A lot of the market rules were established in the 80's, before the internet, when you required an actual broker to buy stock. Now people just trade on the market through their phones. The laws are kind of outdated to be honest.

Dirius

Will this save the company?

How is Elon Musk involved?

Depends on GameStop management. Their business model is outdated, they are pretty much like Block Buster - and have become obsolete: people no longer buy physical copies of videogames (catridges, DVD, etc.); they instead download them through plataforms like Steam.

If they use the boost to rebrand, they could make it out.

No idea, Elon supported the retail investors, but I don't know if he has personally invested or not. I don't think he has.

david starling

Depends on GameStop management. Their business model is outdated, they are pretty much like Block Buster - and have become obsolete: people no longer buy physical copies of videogames (catridges, DVD, etc.); they instead download them through plataforms like Steam.

If they use the boost to rebrand, they could make it out.

No idea, Elon supported the retail investors, but I don't know if he has personally invested or not. I don't think he has.

Here's something about Elon's influence:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/26/investing/gamestop-stock-elon-musk-reddit/index.html

Dirius

Stickin' it to the Fat-cats! :w00t:

They won't succeed though. Bah no one knows for sure, but today the market closed down multiple times, and restricted purchase of GME stocks, essentially bringing the stock price down.

Wallstreet is manipulating the stock market to benefit the hedgefunds. On the side of reeditors, they can't prove intent (most are gamers purchasing stock of a company they like), while wallstreet is actually manipulating trading APPS and websites to forbid acces to potential investors jumping on the GME train.

Its a giant mess.

Ukpoohbear

Bunraku your posts crack me up. The one about the Tibetan boy philosopher lol. You are such a good writer too. I would love to see you and Lykan have a conversation because you are both good writers. I like writing and work hard on my communication skills but it is quite dry. You and Lykan have ‘it.’

Ukpoohbear

Problem is that with the internet making information and personal opinions so widely available to anyone, there is no way to stop information flow. Pretty much anyone giving an opinion on any market is, by definition, artificially manipulating investors.

For example, any news show telling you "this stock is hot you should buy" or saying "this stock will fail and you'll lose money" (as CNBC did throughout the week) is manipulating the market, creating or affecting demand for certain stocks, because they are trying to change the perspective of investors. And this is on TV every single day.

A lot of the market rules were established in the 80's, before the internet, when you required an actual broker to buy stock. Now people just trade on the market through their phones. The laws are kind of outdated to be honest.

Ok yeah I can see that manipulating the market is natural and not preventable. I did read last night that Wallstreet prevented the stocks being bought which surely should be verging on illegal. I also read the top 3 investors have made $2billion each. They’re the 1% of Gamestonk :lol: but it’s probably far too late now to make even a small profit because people are gonna stop buying it soon.

david starling

Bunraku your posts crack me up. The one about the Tibetan boy philosopher lol. You are such a good writer too. I would love to see you and Lykan have a conversation because you are both good writers. I like writing and work hard on my communication skills but it is quite dry. You and Lykan have ‘it.’

Yes. "Dry" definitely describes my writing skills as well. That's mainly why I'm unable to adequately express the validity and importance of the tropical Ages.

The Natal-chart abilities that enabled me to discover and understand them wasn't accompanied by the necessary writing skills, or by a desire to forcefully present them. I'm not complaining, because I sense it's not time for it to be incorporated into the standard astrological cosmology. So, all is as it should be.

The well-known, widely accepted astrological authorities all have that combination of writing skills and impressive personalities. I much prefer being anonymous and reclusive, myself.

UK, were you hoping to become a well-known, successful writer and/or speaker?

Last edited: