Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 07-19-2020, 01:54 PM

Smile Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius7000 View Post
The concept of transcending the material age has always existed, since eons
I didn't say it originated with the transition into the Aquarian Age.

The Aquarian Age is when it will become reality instead of mythology.

Unread 07-19-2020, 01:58 PM

Re: Proof Aquarius is ruled by uranus AND Saturn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I didn't say it originated with the transition into the Aquarian Age.

The Aquarian Age is when it will become reality instead of mythology.
It was actually more reality long ago, in between and even is some times now. It was not mythology earlier. Seen from today, people tend to think things that happened in the past/ originated in the past are mythology, but that is not correct. Transcendence, in fact, has been steadily fading away due to man believing more in materiality than immateriality; and because it is considered "mythology". Think about it.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Unread 07-19-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
It was actually more reality long ago, in between and even is some times now. It was not mythology earlier. Seen from today, people tend to think things that happened in the past/ originated in the past are mythology, but that is not correct. Transcendence, in fact, has been steadily fading away due to man believing more in materiality than immateriality; and because it is considered "mythology". Think about it.
You're talking about it as something in the past, which it was. I agree that what's called "mythology" now had a basis in reality then.

As you probably already know, I've been proposing that we're living in a very materialistic, tropical Age of Capricorn. I've worked out the "celestial mechanics" regarding the timing of the tropical Ages, and I personally see them as gradually transitioning from one Age-sign to the next, with the current Age-sign transitioning into a background role for the Age to come.

So, Aquarian Age ascension won't mean leaving the material plane behind entirely. We just won't be trapped in it as we are now.
Unread 07-19-2020, 02:32 PM

The timing of the Ages themselves is linear, which I believe is a Saturnian characteristic. Whereas, the Uranian-ruled Age of Aquarius will enable quantum consciousness, which includes linear, but isn't limited to it.
Unread 07-19-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You're talking about it as something in the past, which it was. I agree that what's called "mythology" now had a basis in reality then...
You are giving my words your own twist to make them sound aligned to how you think about transcendence.

What I said was actually that transcendence has ALWAYS been present, but that we have steadily been moving away from it due to getting more and more materialistic/ moving more and more towards materialism.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
Unread 07-19-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
You are giving my words your own twist to make them sound aligned to how you think about transcendence.

What I said was actually that transcendence has ALWAYS been present, but that we have steadily been moving away from it due to getting more and more materialistic/ moving more and more towards materialism.
Yes, you're an Aquarian yourself, and it's always been obvious to you.
Have you moved away from transcendence?
Unread 07-19-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, you're an Aquarian yourself, and it's always been obvious to you.
Have you moved away from transcendence?
I do not think that transcendence has to do with just Aquarius. Rather with a combination of factors.

I am a follower of Sanatana Dharma, which is based on karma, reincarnation and how to rise above and out of the cycle of reincarnating meaning transcending out of it.

I have always been inclined to it, but have been closer or more aligned with it since at least a decade now.

Unread 07-19-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I do not think that transcendence has to do with just Aquarius. Rather with a combination of factors.

I am a follower of Sanatana Dharma, which is based on karma, reincarnation and how to rise above and out of the cycle of reincarnating meaning transcending out of it.

I have always been inclined to it, but have been closer or more aligned with it since at least a decade now.
I, of course, would attribute that to the ever-closer approach of the tropical Age-indicator to the first point of tropical Aquarius. I'm feeling it as well, but death of the material body dismays me. It breaks my heart to be trapped, as I feel it to be, in the material world when those I love have left me behind.
Unread 07-19-2020, 03:21 PM

When one is really able to transcend and rise above the concept of life and death, one realises that the body is only a 'material' cover and that the energy = life (soul) trapped inside always continues. Body (jiva) + Soul (atma) = Human + Being (Jivatma).

Unread 07-19-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
When one is really able to transcend and rise above the concept of life and death, one realises that the body is only a 'material' cover and that the energy = life (soul) trapped inside always continues. Body (jiva) + Soul (atma) = Human + Being (Jivatma).
Is "Yoga" about the link between Body and Soul?
Unread 07-19-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Is "Yoga" about the link between Body and Soul?
That’s exactly what it is.
Today, it has been corrupted and reduced to mere contortions of the physical body.
I am on a roll right now to get some errands done, but I can look for some good information on if required
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-19-2020)
Unread 07-24-2020, 09:07 AM

The david starling spars with the aquarius7000.

~Neither exist.

Last edited by jac; 07-24-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
The david starling spars with the aquarius2000.

~Neither exist.

Is there an Aquarius 2000?
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Is there an Aquarius 2000?
Probably. Hopefully ruled by Kitalpha.
I got tired. So sue me.

~Yet another Aquarian.
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Probably. Hopefully ruled by Kitalpha.
I got tired. So sue me.

~Yet another Aquarian.
Do you "exist"?
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:32 PM

Is "reality" a dream?
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:36 PM

In Vedic astrology, Saturn is linked to Shiva. And, Shiva DOES have enough of a combination of traits to cover Sat, Ura, and Plu.
Unread 07-24-2020, 10:42 PM

The Hindu goddess Maya is equivalent to Nep in Modernistic Western astrology.
Unread 08-01-2020, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Then why can't Aqua rule a different side of Saturn?
Saturn doesn't match up with Aquarius due to them being air ruled, and Uranus ruled they are the sign of originality, revolution, rebellion, need to change, eccentricity, and etcetera. I hope that answers your question. And to add more to my answer because of the need to better humanity, make changes, and also free and independent. Whereas Saturn deals with self discipline, limitations, responsibilities, long term goals and plans, etcetera.

Currently, Saturn is in Aquarius which I believe you're already aware that it's finally in Aquarius, and with everything going on it's been quite stressing, and chaotic. Because of the pandemic that's going on and plus the police brutality, and protests against police brutality, and bringing justice by putting officers in jail or fire them or tell them to do their job better. People has be in quarantine for months, and some people who protested had enough with being in quarantine for days, and especially months and decides to protests. Because many people were upset with black men and also women being hurt by police.

Society out of order and with the pandemic that's going on, and the news on police brutality which can take toll on people's well being, and mental health. People must have need to stand up and get their voices to be heard.

I'm unsure when Saturn in Capricorn will be returning this year or next year. Since Saturn is a slow planet there's so much going on in the United States, and around the world. There are some positives when the current Saturn transit is in Aquarius but comes with negatives.

I have Saturn in Taurus and find the pandemic and the news on police brutality, and protests are kind of stressing me out, and just not good for my energy. That's why I make sure to take care of my energy and health so I can keep myself healthy, but they'll never go away the news on police brutality, protests, and the pandemic. Also my Uranus is in Aquarius on the third house, and I'm sun in Libra, Moon in Scorpio, and ascendant in Scorpio I'm more passive. I tend to be more of a maybe chill, just wanted to relax, do what I need to do or take care of myself, and etcetera. I'm not much of an outsider person except I love nature thanks to my Pluto in Sagittarius.
Unread 08-02-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaunaRivers View Post
Saturn doesn't match up with Aquarius due to them being air ruled, and Uranus ruled they are the sign of originality, revolution, rebellion, need to change, eccentricity, and etcetera. I hope that answers your question. And to add more to my answer because of the need to better humanity, make changes, and also free and independent. Whereas Saturn deals with self discipline, limitations, responsibilities, long term goals and plans, etcetera.
You're taking things you read on popular Astrology sites too literally.

Aquarius is actually a very ethical sign, very stern and strict with their ideals. They are like any other Air sign in the way they approach social norms and communication. All Air signs are free thinkers, eccentric and independent.

Furthermore, Saturn used to be called "the most high" in ancient mythology, was the lord of the Air, and is exalted in Libra. In fact, it was called the one that ruled the air.

Aquarius people are usually disciplined and responsible.
Unread 08-02-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimal View Post
You're taking things you read on popular Astrology sites too literally.

Aquarius is actually a very ethical sign, very stern and strict with their ideals. They are like any other Air sign in the way they approach social norms and communication. All Air signs are free thinkers, eccentric and independent.

Furthermore, Saturn used to be called "the most high" in ancient mythology, was the lord of the Air, and is exalted in Libra. In fact, it was called the one that ruled the air.

Aquarius people are usually disciplined and responsible.
Zeus/Jupiter was lord of the sky, the penultimate Sky-god. That doesn't mean Jupiter rules Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius.
Unread 08-02-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Zeus/Jupiter was lord of the sky, the penultimate Sky-god. That doesn't mean Jupiter rules Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius.
I was talking about EL Elyon the Caananite god.

Quote:
It has been suggested that the reference to "ʼĒl ʻElyōn, maker of heaven and earth" in Genesis 14:19 and 22 reflects a Canaanite background. The phrasing in Genesis resembles a retelling of Canaanite religious traditions in Philo of Byblos's account of Phoenician history, in which ʻElyōn was the progenitor of Ouranos ("Sky") and Gaia ("Earth").[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elyon
http://biomystic.org/restoreEL.htm
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:

There is no evidence of a connection between Genesis 14:19-22 and some obscure reference in the second century of a Phoenician deity who died in an encounter with wild beasts. How can one possibly even imagine that?

Genesis 14:19-22 refers to God the Most High - Creator or lit. Possessor of heaven and earth. Heaven and earth are never referred to as progeny of God in the Torah and the Prophets, though some of their inhabitants - angels and humans who do the will of God - very often, though even in those places there are some differences from divine offspring in pagan religions, and I can show what exactly these differences are.
Unread 08-02-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
In ancient cosmology, air is moist and moderately hot, but Jupiter is hot and moderately moist. That means his element isn't fiery or airy alone, but a temperate admixture of them. It is a mistake to relate him to one element in particular, just as it is a mistake to relate Saturn to earth or water alone. I can easily prove this from the ancient texts.
Unread 08-02-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Hello! That word El Elyon just means “Most High God” and is solely an epithet, out of the Hebrew’s god several epithet in the Bible. Here are more of his titles if you were interested in going through them as well. El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty), El Elyon (The Most High God), Adonai (Lord, Master), Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah), Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner), Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd), Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals), Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There), Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness), Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You), El Olam (The Everlasting God), Elohim (God), Qanna (Jealous), Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide), Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace), Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)

There is also a distinguishing factor between name and epithet (title).

Quote:
"Epithet" comes to us via Latin from the Greek noun epitheton and ultimately derives from epitithenai, meaning "to put on" or "to add." In its oldest sense, an "epithet" is simply a descriptive word or phrase, especially one joined by fixed association to the name of someone or something (as in "Peter the Great" or the stock Homeric phrases "gray-eyed Athena" and "wine-dark sea"). https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epithet
Quote:
Definition of name. (Entry 1 of 3) 1a : a word or phrase that constitutes the distinctive designation of a person or thing. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/name

Furthermore, deity that is being referenced on that site is a Caananite deity and since they were a polytheistic culture then they had more than one deity that they claimed. Given that one of the titles that the Hebrew god has is Qanna (Jealous) then multiple deities around would not sit very well with him. The Caananite are from the descendant of Ham (Genesis 10:6), one of the three sons of Noah while Abraham is a descendant of Shem (Genesis 11:10). Also, Ham was cursed to serve his younger brother Shem for witnessing his father in the nude (Genesis 9:25). Now, given that the Caananite comes from the bloodline of Ham and Abraham comes from the bloodline of Shem then it would not make any sense that Abraham or his bloodline afterwards would serve a Caananite deity.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thirdteenth For This Useful Post:
david starling (08-02-2020)

Tags
aquarius, proof, ruled, saturn, uranus