How long does mars stay in a house

JUPITERASC

Hi
I was wondering how long mars transits each house for?
MARS transits each house for FIFTY-SEVEN DAYS :smile:
however
obviously when MARS RETROGRADES while transiting a house
that extends the number of days for a MARS transit of that particular house

Zeuses

Thankyou both. I'm assuming it is longer because it goes retrograde. You say very long, how long and how many times in life do we have this very long transit?

JUPITERASC

This actual transit will be very long
Thankyou both.
I'm assuming it is longer because it goes retrograde.
You say very long, how long
and how many times in life do we have this very long transit?
Every individual natal chart differs
therefore generalisation although tempting and fun
is unreliable
FREE TRANSITS checker online :smile:

at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/#prognoses
using the FREE TRANSITS CHECKER
enables anyone to discover
how often in life these transits may or may not occur

swanswings

Zeuses,

Great question because in another post you asked about Placidus and Equal houses.

Also a great question because right now the asteroid Pandora (#55) is in a very close oppostion with Saturn. You know, Pandora, like in opening Pandora's box.

Where you were born, Placidus houses can get really wide and/or narrow. For example, your 1st and 7th are narrow and your 5th and 11th are wide.

https://imgur.com/kXnvvJg

With Equal and Whole Sign houses, all the houses are 30 degrees.

https://imgur.com/txvWKFp

With Placidus, Mars entered your 5th House on Feb 26, 2020
6th on Apr 14, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jun 22, 2020

With Equal, Mars entered your
5th House on Feb 25, 2020
6th on Apr 9, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jul 9, 2020

With Whole Sign Houses,
5th on Feb 16, 2020
6th on Mar 30, 2020
7th on May 13, 2020
8th on Jun 28, 2020

And the results would be slightly different with other houses systems like Koch, Campanus, Porphyry, etc.

With Whole Sign Houses, the sign and the house always go together. So, Mars entered Capricorn and the 5th House on February 16
— Aquarius and the 6th House on March 30
— Pisces and the 7th House on May 13
— Aries and the 8th House on June 28.

So, going back to your question about the position of Mars in your natal chart, with Whole Sign Houses, Mars goes into the 8th House

The 8th House has two dimensions: one is of matters pertaining to purely physical life; the other is matters that include the depths of spirituality, metamorphosis, and transformation. Hence, the 8th can be the House of Awakening.

Consider the possible possibility that transiting Mars’ return to natal Mars might coincide with your expanding interest in exploring the mysteries, the occult, the secrets beyond the secrets.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/...e-standing-on-the-threshold-of-a-new-reality/

Using an orb of one degree, your most recent Mars returns were February 2-4, 2017 and January 6-9, 2019. Those returns were slightly more that 700 days apart. Because of Mars’ elliptical orbit, you are about to experience another Mars’ return starting July 4, 2020 and exact on July 6. This return will be 546 days from the last one.

Unlike most of the planets, which follow almost circular orbits around the Sun which only vary in their distance from the Sun by a few percent, Mars has a significantly elliptical orbit. Its distance from the Sun varies between 1.38 AU and 1.67 AU – a variation of over 20% — thus, the 687-day orbit is only an average.

Verify for yourself, please. And if you add asteroid Pandora (#55), you will find that it was conjunct the Sun at the time of your birth.

https://imgur.com/rx3tojB

https://imgur.com/O7kYmrB

Sincere best wishes.

Zeuses

Zeuses,

Great question because in another post you asked about Placidus and Equal houses.

Also a great question because right now the asteroid Pandora (#55) is in a very close oppostion with Saturn. You know, Pandora, like in opening Pandora's box.

Where you were born, Placidus houses can get really wide and/or narrow. For example, your 1st and 7th are narrow and your 5th and 11th are wide.

https://imgur.com/kXnvvJg

With Equal and Whole Sign houses, all the houses are 30 degrees.

https://imgur.com/txvWKFp

With Placidus, Mars entered your 5th House on Feb 26, 2020
6th on Apr 14, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jun 22, 2020

With Equal, Mars entered your
5th House on Feb 25, 2020
6th on Apr 9, 2020
7th on May 22, 2020
8th on Jul 9, 2020

With Whole Sign Houses,
5th on Feb 16, 2020
6th on Mar 30, 2020
7th on May 13, 2020
8th on Jun 28, 2020

And the results would be slightly different with other houses systems like Koch, Campanus, Porphyry, etc.

With Whole Sign Houses, the sign and the house always go together. So, Mars entered Capricorn and the 5th House on February 16
— Aquarius and the 6th House on March 30
— Pisces and the 7th House on May 13
— Aries and the 8th House on June 28.

So, going back to your question about the position of Mars in your natal chart, with Whole Sign Houses, Mars goes into the 8th House

The 8th House has two dimensions: one is of matters pertaining to purely physical life; the other is matters that include the depths of spirituality, metamorphosis, and transformation. Hence, the 8th can be the House of Awakening.

Consider the possible possibility that transiting Mars’ return to natal Mars might coincide with your expanding interest in exploring the mysteries, the occult, the secrets beyond the secrets.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/...e-standing-on-the-threshold-of-a-new-reality/

Using an orb of one degree, your most recent Mars returns were February 2-4, 2017 and January 6-9, 2019. Those returns were slightly more that 700 days apart. Because of Mars’ elliptical orbit, you are about to experience another Mars’ return starting July 4, 2020 and exact on July 6. This return will be 546 days from the last one.

Unlike most of the planets, which follow almost circular orbits around the Sun which only vary in their distance from the Sun by a few percent, Mars has a significantly elliptical orbit. Its distance from the Sun varies between 1.38 AU and 1.67 AU – a variation of over 20% — thus, the 687-day orbit is only an average.

Verify for yourself, please. And if you add asteroid Pandora (#55), you will find that it was conjunct the Sun at the time of your birth.

https://imgur.com/rx3tojB

https://imgur.com/O7kYmrB

Sincere best wishes.

Please can I clarify it looks like mars only lasts a month in each sign so if this is the case then why will it be in for "a long time now" as mentioned in other posts. Please ignore me if I haven't understood properly. Also, in your opinion is the whole house system better than placidus. Having said that it looks like Jupiter is in 8th whole house whereas when I read up about it I thought Jupiter in ninth resonates more. Apologies for asking more questions on this. I think it takes some time to fully sink into my brain after I've read something (I suspect that must be a negative mercury transit causing that)

Last edited:

three M symbols

Please can I clarify it looks like mars only lasts a month in each sign so if this is the case then why will it be in for "a long time now" as mentioned in other posts. Please ignore me if I haven't understood properly. Also, in your opinion is the whole house system better than placidus. Having said that it looks like Jupiter is in 8th whole house whereas when I read up about it I thought Jupiter in ninth resonates more. Apologies for asking more questions on this. I think it takes some time to fully sink into my brain after I've read something (I suspect that must be a negative mercury transit causing that)

Some people prefer whole signs, and other prefer placidius. You are free to choose

The planet which stays 1 month per sign is the Sun.
(1 day for 1 degree. 30° = a month)

Mars take 2 years or so to transit all the zodiac wheel.
(so, 2 months or so in each sign)

He is in Aries since a week or less, and will go retrograde after transiting almost all Aries sign one time (starting his retrogradation at something like 27-28°)

So, 2 months to transit Aries once.
+ retrogradation (15° of retrograde transit)
+ direct transit of the last 15° of Aries

He will finally enter Taurus next year (first week of January)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi
I was wondering how long mars transits each house for?
A house falls in a sign always. The right way of looking at this therefore is that Mars transits each sign - which it does for 2 months approx. Hence it travels slower than the Moon, the Sun, Mercury and Venus.

Zeuses

Thankyou both for your responses. The post showing it changing signs by house system seems to show it changing either every month or every two months yet its in Aries until early 2021.

Also I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids (as Pandora mentioned above) I would be even more confused if i did so.

aquarius7000

Thankyou both for your responses. The post showing it changing signs by house system seems to show it changing either every month or every two months yet its in Aries until early 2021.

Also I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids (as Pandora mentioned above) I would be even more confused if i did so.

Re the second part of your post, one piece of advice I can give to any Astro novices is to not look at any asteroids, exactly for the reason you mentioned “confusion”. Stick to the mainstream planets until you really understand the ABC of astrology properly. Nothing the mainstream planets can’t tell you that alone an asteroid will.

Zeuses

Re the second part of your post, one piece of advice I can give to any Astro novices is to not look at any asteroids, exactly for the reason you mentioned “confusion”. Stick to the mainstream planets until you really understand the ABC of astrology properly. Nothing the mainstream planets can’t tell you that alone an asteroid will.

Thankyou. Traditional astrology is confusing enough

JUPITERASC

Thankyou both for your responses......

....I have never even considered looking at the impact of asteroids

(as Pandora mentioned above)
I would be even more confused if i did so

Clarification since you are new here: :smile:
members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids
or alternatively

a mere 700 asteroids
if that is their personal preference
i.e.
for example:
I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:
Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda,
Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos,
Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa,
Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne,
Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?

Zarathu

its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them

Clearly then, our forum allows discussion on a varied spectrum of astrological shades of opinion

and

any and all opinions are welcome
it is up to the individual to decide for themselves
which opinion to favor

not necessarily

Traditional astrology uses SEVEN CLASSICAL PLANETS

Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn :smile:
and

Modernist astrology is based on traditional principles
but has additionally taken on board hundreds of asteroids
and that's just the tip of the modernist astrology iceburg

aquarius7000

Actually not. You just need to really focus, filter out the important stuff (like not go towards articles/books asking you to illogically use 2 rulers for 3 signs, but other signs have just one planetary ruler). You have to understand how things work and trad. Astrology explains things almost like Maths.

That is one reason I am very attracted to Jyotish Astrology - due to its consistent trad. and scientific approach, but have been lacking discipline and consistency. I have had such accurate descriptions down to the day when something would happen from Jyotish Astrologers, which I often miss in Western Astrology.

Zeuses

Actually not. You just need to really focus, filter out the important stuff (like not go towards articles/books asking you to illogically use 2 rulers for 3 signs, but other signs have just one planetary ruler). You have to understand how things work and trad. Astrology explains things almost like Maths.

That is one reason I am very attracted to Jyotish Astrology - due to its consistent trad. and scientific approach, but have been lacking discipline and consistency. I have had such accurate descriptions down to the day when something would happen from Jyotish Astrologers, which I often miss in Western Astrology.

I respect very much that people are interested in lots of elements of astrology eg asteroids its only as I'm still at the basic natal aspects and transits and that is after many years looking at it lol I know what planets mean and some major aspects but it us pulling it altogether where I struggle eg say mars sextile Venus in 10th. I've only just realised that you would also take into consideration the house ruler too. I Really appreciate the time that people take to respond to questions on here and it has really helped me in learning a bit more about astrology.

JUPITERASC

I respect very much that people are interested in lots of elements of astrology eg asteroids its only as I'm still at the basic natal aspects and transits and that is after many years looking at it lol I know what planets mean and some major aspects but it us pulling it altogether where I struggle eg say mars sextile Venus in 10th. I've only just realised that you would also take into consideration the house ruler too. I Really appreciate the time that people take to respond to questions on here and it has really helped me in learning a bit more about astrology.
The following diagram provides more information
in visual form

regarding MARS :smile:

Mars%20Opposition%20001.gif

Lin

This cycle Mars will be in Aries for 6 months. YOu can check this yourself in an ephemeris.

After that Mars will go back to spending around 2 months in a sign....until it goes into retrograde again in 2 years (in Gemini.)
LIN