Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

Monk

Premium Member
The elder Irenaeus wrote against such thinking of old:

''If any one, however, say in reply to these things, What then? Is it a meaningless and accidental thing, that the positions of names, and the election of the apostles, and the working of the Lord, and the arrangement of created things, are what they are?— we answer them: Certainly not; but with great wisdom and diligence, all things have clearly been made by God, fitted and prepared [for their special purposes]; and His word formed both things ancient and those belonging to the latest times; and men ought not to connect those things with the number thirty, but to harmonize them with what actually exists, or with right reason. Nor should they seek to prosecute inquiries respecting God by means of numbers, syllables, and letters. For this is an uncertain mode of proceeding, on account of their varied and diverse systems, and because every sort of hypothesis may at the present day be, in like manner, devised by any one; so that they can derive arguments against the truth from these very theories, inasmuch as they may be turned in many different directions. But, on the contrary, they ought to adapt the numbers themselves, and those things which have been formed, to the true theory lying before them. For system does not spring out of numbers, but numbers from a system; nor does God derive His being from things made, but things made from God. For all things originate from one and the same God...'' - The Refutation and Overthrow of the Gnosis Falsely So Called (the actual name of the so-called ''Against Heresies'') 2.25 https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103225.htm

Hi Petosiris,
I see you quote from New Advent website, are you Catholic?
https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/
In researching religions which we are doing, with the Da Vinci Code, the beliefs of the world are investigated, however missionary work isn't needed. We all have varied beliefs, but in a moderate way, being devout has killed too many people thoughout the world.
Why do you post as an astrologer, the early church would have condemned you to a hot place:-
https://www.catholic.com/tract/astrology
Preaching is not required in research.
I think some humour has to be applied, moderation in all things.
I'm sorry about the language in video, no doubt it will offend some with content, however i did find it funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

JUPITERASC

It is good to hear that your soul is healthy despite the infirmity of your body. Which ferryman do you believe you are going to pay? I believe with perfect faith that when the Lord Jesus Christ returns, he is going open the eyes of the blind saints, unstop their ears and make the lame of them able to leap like deer, just as he did when he walked the earth some 2000 years ago. He taught the people to store up for themselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust can corrupt them.
vftwvoWBixQ_nRXLwCK2Fj6927AYV57Rc7_rrUE-5duh7OAVL2uS9V9gsidMUDJ06SQyCPrpDkuTyZejgMFo6LzgqnE_w_hpceK82ZfmI_ol_L6GOm5YfECdLa3M4aNHuQid0paWoCu8xg8bw8Yu0vNlpvmLuptE9Zg

JUPITERASC

The 10 commandments are not called commandments, but words by Moses. Decalogue means 10 words. These words are inscribed upon the tablets of the covenant by the Word for true mystical reasons. They are also part of the Torah of Moses.

At the time of the elder Irenaeus, mysticism centered on the number 30 in the Valentinian system, not the 10 of the kabbalists. The latter didn't involve ogdoad, decad and dodecad.

In the biblical calendar, there is an intercalation of a thirteenth month whenever the fourteenth day of the first month would fall before the vernal equinox without it. A month is 29 or 30 days depending on the sighting of the Moon in Israel.
7e401bde902048f080760849ff5b0566.jpg

6b20e1772a58f68f77972f5c08f658c3.jpg

JUPITERASC

The elder Irenaeus wrote against such thinking of old:

''If any one, however, say in reply to these things, What then? Is it a meaningless and accidental thing, that the positions of names, and the election of the apostles, and the working of the Lord, and the arrangement of created things, are what they are?— we answer them: Certainly not; but with great wisdom and diligence, all things have clearly been made by God, fitted and prepared [for their special purposes]; and His word formed both things ancient and those belonging to the latest times; and men ought not to connect those things with the number thirty, but to harmonize them with what actually exists, or with right reason. Nor should they seek to prosecute inquiries respecting God by means of numbers, syllables, and letters. For this is an uncertain mode of proceeding, on account of their varied and diverse systems, and because every sort of hypothesis may at the present day be, in like manner, devised by any one; so that they can derive arguments against the truth from these very theories, inasmuch as they may be turned in many different directions. But, on the contrary, they ought to adapt the numbers themselves, and those things which have been formed, to the true theory lying before them. For system does not spring out of numbers, but numbers from a system; nor does God derive His being from things made, but things made from God. For all things originate from one and the same God...'' - The Refutation and Overthrow of the Gnosis Falsely So Called (the actual name of the so-called ''Against Heresies'') 2.25 https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103225.htm
Hi Petosiris,

In researching religions which we are doing, with the Da Vinci Code, the beliefs of the world are investigated, however missionary work isn't needed. We all have varied beliefs, but in a moderate way, being devout has killed too many people thoughout the world.

Why do you post as an astrologer, the early church would have condemned you to a hot place:-
I'm sorry about the language in video, no doubt it will offend some with content, however i did find it funny.
2rcpdt.jpg

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Hi Petosiris,

I am not a Roman Catholic. I quoted from a translation of Irenaeus on a Roman Catholic website. I don't believe that Irenaeus was a Roman Catholic. These things you won't understand.

All I have been saying in this thread is research more.

You find the video funny because you lack faith. And you lack faith because you lack knowledge. If I am offended and angry at falsehood, it isn't like you are offended and angry at truth. At the same time I am distressed and grieved at this.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Jup,
Very topical, i have been researching "Kryptos" that featured in the Books Da Vinci Code and "Lost Symbol", i may be gone for a few days, i may have found something interesting, i love a good code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptos
You know my work in having a dedication day mentioned in above link, but it doesn't apply to Langley, or America but following Sirius, i have found a location mentioned in The Da Vinci Code, would you like to guess, anyone?

It was easy using parans, LOL!
I'll try to be back tomorrow, but new research takes time, and i don't want to make mistakes.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I am not a Roman Catholic. I quoted from a translation of Irenaeus on a Roman Catholic website. I don't believe that Irenaeus was a Roman Catholic. These things you won't understand.

All I have been saying in this thread is research more.

You find the video funny because you lack faith. And you lack faith because you lack knowledge. If I am offended and angry at falsehood, it isn't like you are offended and angry at truth. At the same time I am distressed and grieved at this.

You might want to consider the vaguest of possibilities that you are wrong. We will all meet the same ferryman. Mine, has a great sense of humour. How abysmal that others don’t.

The truth. What if your truth, is the work of the devil, and our truth, the word of the Cosmos. The difference is, that either way, I do not fear death. Even with the many, many people I have heard spout their doctrines.

Opus Dei believes in self flogging/mutilation. My Cosmos does not make me desicrate, the temple of my body.

petosiris

Banned
You might want to consider the vaguest of possibilities that you are wrong. We will all meet the same ferryman. Mine, has a great sense of humour. How abysmal that others don’t.

The truth. What if your truth, is the work of the devil, and our truth, the word of the Cosmos. The difference is, that either way, I do not fear death. Even with the many, many people I have heard spout their doctrines.

Opus Dei believes in self flogging/mutilation. My Cosmos does not make me desicrate, the temple of my body.

Are you saying that the possibility I believe in is least vague?

The Torah forbids cutting and writing yourself. The Bible says that the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is God in us. So in that we are in agreement.

Some bodies are temples of idols and uncleanness. We ourselves once were, but we repent of the sins that defile us and hold us in bondage, and pray in the name and are immersed in water for purification and for the immersion of fire. The Scripture says that many will not understand these matters.

''Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.'' - Dan. 12:10

Opal

Premium Member
Are you saying that the possibility I believe in is least vague?

The Torah forbids cutting and writing yourself. The Bible says that the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is God in us. So in that we are in agreement.

Some bodies are temples of idols and uncleanness. We ourselves once were, but we repent of the sins that defile us and hold us in bondage, and pray in the name and are immersed in water for purification and for the immersion of fire. The Scripture says that many will not understand these matters.

''Many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be refined, but the wicked shall act wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand.'' - Dan. 12:10

No, I didn’t say you were vague. That isn’t what I wrote. I said your faith may be wrong. Because what we read from the Gnostic texts, which I believe have more validity than your book, are right.

petosiris

Banned
No, I didn’t say you were vague. That isn’t what I wrote. I said your faith may be wrong. Because what we read from the Gnostic texts, which I believe have more validity than your book, are right.

You really don't believe or understand the matters in the Gnostic texts to be spitting mythicism, but ok.

JUPITERASC

Hi Jup,
Very topical, i have been researching "Kryptos"

that featured in the Books Da Vinci Code and "Lost Symbol",
i may be gone for a few days,
i may have found something interesting, i love a good code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kryptos
You know my work in having a dedication day mentioned in above link,
but it doesn't apply to Langley, or America
but following Sirius, i have found a location mentioned in The Da Vinci Code,
would you like to guess, anyone?

It was easy using parans, LOL!

I'll try to be back tomorrow,
but new research takes time, and i don't want to make mistakes.
Hi Monk - excellent sleuthing re: "Kryptos"
time to round up "the usual suspects" :smile:

petosiris

Banned
No ancient heretic claimed that Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist as historical figure. Some claimed that he didn't appear in flesh, but only appeared to do bodily things like walking, teaching, talking, sleeping and so on. Some claimed that he appeared in a divine body as he appeared to Abraham and Isaiah, but not in a human body from the virgin Mary, not knowing that he did not grasp at equality with God, but took the appearance of a man and humbled himself in obedience to God even to death on a cross. And some of them said that he was a man with a soul from Joseph and Mary, but because of exceeding virtue was indwelt by the Word at baptism not knowing that the Word itself became flesh at a miraculous conception.

JUPITERASC

No ancient heretic claimed that Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist as historical figure. Some claimed that he didn't appear in flesh, but only appeared to do bodily things like walking, teaching, talking, sleeping and so on. Some claimed that he appeared in a divine body as he appeared to Abraham and Isaiah, but not in a human body from the virgin Mary, not knowing that he did not grasp at equality with God, but took the appearance of a man and humbled himself in obedience to God even to death on a cross. And some of them said that he was a man with a soul from Joseph and Mary, but because of exceeding virtue was indwelt by the Word at baptism not knowing that the Word itself became flesh at a miraculous conception.
cee0f3efb3ddce2b9ea92af01a00509a--christ-jesus.jpg

images

0a139e4111fe5f069d71b10ea479ad67.jpg